I trust him absolutely

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

blademark

Reaction score
Until Chris Wilder proves that he's not the man I thought he was, he has my absolute trust to make the right decision. He can even make a mistake, because I know he will have made it with the right intentions.
I have never, ever, been able to say that about a Blades Manager before.

Until Chris Wilder proves that he's not the man I thought he was, he has my absolute trust to make the right decision. He can even make a mistake, because I know he will have made it with the right intentions.
I have never, ever, been able to say that about a Blades Manager before.

Did you feel the same a few weeks back when he was flirting with Sunderland?

Just asking. For a friend...

The indications are that it was CW's decision to sell Brooks based on his desire to leave

It has always been intimated that CW has the final say on who comes and on who goes. Bearing that in mind and if correct obviously, then McCabe cannot be held responsible on this occasion

CW has always maintained that if a player does no longer wish to represent this club and the price is right, he will sell them

On that basis, I am with Blademark. In CW we trust

There's nothing to trust him on. Brooks has been offered a load of money, we've been offered a load of money, it's a no brainer for all concerned. I never thought we would receive an 8 figure transfer fee for a player any time soon.

It won't all go on transfers as that's not how it works, however a sale like this puts the clubs finance in order for a while, which I like to see.

Don't get me wrong - Tufty got him and his coaching staff a bloody good pay rise out of it - so fair play to the guy.

However, it just took a little shine off his halo for me.

That and buying Ricky Holmes...

But In Tufty we Trust!!
A man who never made a mistake never made anything, and Holmes is not yet proven to be a mistake.

Don't get me wrong - Tufty got him and his coaching staff a bloody good pay rise out of it - so fair play to the guy.

But In Tufty we Trust!!

I think when you are operating with a certain budget, sometimes you have to take a punt.

I try and look at it like this. If you are short of cash but still have to get some food, you have to aim for cheaper stuff. Sometimes it's better than you expect, other times it's worse. But what can you do if you have fuck all to work with?

Hussey = Smartprice Sausages

Fleck = Sainsburys Apple Pies

Wilder is indeed infallible. Proof of this is when he once kicked my ball back to me in Graves Park some 27 years ago. It sliced off his foot and spun wildly into the woods. What terrible technique from a professional footballer thought my 13 year old self.

Unbeknownst to me, the ball dislodged some latent seeds from a tree, enabling a family of starving squirrels to survive the following winter. The subsequent jolt upwards in the food chain (stoat to fox, to roadkill to carrion crows) caused an upturn in the corvid population which grew exponentially over the following decades, to the extent that a large flock happened to catch the eye of renowned ornithophobe Joost Van Aken on 24/9/17, allowing Mark Duffy to de-bouncify a rampant Hillsborough and bring order to the universe. All hail the messiah.

But In Tufty we Trust!!
Do you not think Ricky Holmes might prove useful now Brooks is off!??

To restore faith amongst the fans CW needs to explain the circumstances surrounding Brooks' sale. There's too many on here taking the convenient route by saying his agent turned him and he went for the money despite there being no evidence to support this. More than likely United saw the dollar signs and cashed in as they usually do. The jury's out on him for me, Wilder has a duty to clarify this, he's got nothing to lose by doing so unless it was the latter case.

To restore faith amongst the fans CW needs to explain the circumstances surrounding Brooks' sale. There's too many on here taking the convenient route by saying his agent turned him and he went for the money despite there being no evidence to support this. More than likely United saw the dollar signs and cashed in as they usually do. The jury's out on him for me, Wilder has a duty to clarify this, he's got nothing to lose by doing so unless it was the latter case.
Why do you think he changed agent?

Yes Wilder's got far more right than wrong and we're lucky to have him, but I'm sick of hearing this 'in Wilder we trust' stuff to be honest. It's a blanket response to any possible issue and the reality is that he's made plenty of mistakes recently, this decision (if it is his decision) to accept this bid for Brooks at this stage being one of them in my opinion. He signed Wilson in January, remember? And spent a year chasing Holmes and Leonard only to not use them. Yes I know the budget hindered him but he's shown that he isn't infallible.

We just have to hope that he's given the money to reinvest, and that he does so wisely. But it's far from straightforward for us to come out of this sale stronger.

No answer then.

The answer is that he could have changed agent for a multitude of reasons. He could have asked his existing agent to put in a transfer request. Or is there only one agent in the country who is capable of doing this?

Now I've answered your question you answer mine. Where's the proof?

Have we really written Holmes off completely after about 3 games and no pre-season. We never learn.

The answer is that he could have changed agent for a multitude of reasons. He could have asked his existing agent to put in a transfer request. Or is there only one agent in the country who is capable of doing this?

Now I've answered your question you answer mine. Where's the proof?
There is no proof that he's leaving solely due to his change of agent but it's no surprise to Bert that 5 minutes after he's moved to a much bigger agency he's off.
It's Brooks who wants to leave, not United putting him up for sale.... much as you would like to believe that McCabe is behind it.

No amount of yapping by the annoying little terriers will change the facts or the outcome. The sooner you accept that shit happens, the better.
However, if Wilder isn't allowed to take advantage of the windfall then there really will be something to moan about !

Maybe it was a perfect storm waiting to happen.
Young & talented player with bags of potential though so far not fully proven. International football call ups with someone like Giggs making a noise about him. A Blades manager who wants players who want to be here. A new agent with a seeming reputation for generating big money moves. A club never shy of selling talent and not flush with cash for the big push. A need to grow the squad in a few positions with a limited budget. A young man with serious, life changing money being dangled in front of his eyes. A good English manager at a club looking to consolidate as a Premiership side.
Assuming it goes through, am I sad to see him go? Of course. I'd have loved to see him set the Lane alight this season.
Is £12million a reasonable amount? Record for the Blades and with a sell on clause & loan back all being bandied about, I think it's tempting money that was always gonna turn heads.
Do we need to re-invest it all? Yes & I hope Wilder spends it wisely. I'm still looking forward to us pushing on this season.

It's something of a dilemna for all of the McCabe haters . For them to make the claim that Brooks has been sold over the wishes of Wilder they have to concede that if Wilder makes a statement to the contrary then he is by definition a liar .

This could get interesting :)

Yes Wilder's got far more right than wrong and we're lucky to have him, but I'm sick of hearing this 'in Wilder we trust' stuff to be honest. It's a blanket response to any possible issue and the reality is that he's made plenty of mistakes recently, this decision (if it is his decision) to accept this bid for Brooks at this stage being one of them in my opinion. He signed Wilson in January, remember? And spent a year chasing Holmes and Leonard only to not use them. Yes I know the budget hindered him but he's shown that he isn't infallible.

We just have to hope that he's given the money to reinvest, and that he does so wisely. But it's far from straightforward for us to come out of this sale stronger.

No one thinks Wilder is infallible. His hit/miss ratio has been remarkable, and in reality is more likely to deteriorate than improve in future.

But I wouldn’t swap him for any other manager, bar none, simply because his judgement and methods have been superior to any of his predecessors in my lifetime.

So yes, I trust Wilder, and I also expect mistakes to be made. One day he’ll go stale or move on and up, but that’s hardly imminent.

So that's "proof". Hope to god you never get called up for jury duty.

You have no proof either. Returning to the past us no proof of what's happening now. If you were on jury duty in a murder case, and had doubts about his guilt would you take into account the fact that the accused hadn't killed anyone 30/40/50 years ago ? I.e. He hadnt killed anyone then so he won't have now?

At least brooksy didn't do a Budgie and jump through the window to escape...or did he???

Back
Top Bottom