How does any team bounce back from that..?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Well I must admit that I was NOT expecting that. In fact I never thought this team would ever get pasted quite so badly.

The officials yet again fucked us over in the first half, but I really could not believe how bad the defence were and we have only ourselves to blame for that 2nd half performance.

Egan and Anel look totally lost at the minute and Bogle can't track back and constantly loses his man. JLT and Thomas were better, but still lost their heads as soon as the 2nd and 3rd goals went in. We need Baldock back urgently and I do think a big reshuffle in how the back line works could be in order.

Not sure how Hecky rallies them all now though. Bollockings will be no good, and an arm round the shoulder is unlikely to lift their morale, which will be as low as it is possible to be.

I felt for them, but it was an utter embarrassment.
We just lose by 7 next game..... Small margins and all that

I don't agree that haven't ever looked in control, as we have had good spells in most games bar Palace from what I have seen. For 20 mins today we looked to be matching them rather well and were probably the most dangerous team. Then it all just fell apart.

I would agree that we get into panic stations far too easily though. We can't seem to cope with the relentless waves of attacks that you get at this level.

There have been spells where we've been in the game and matched teams, but I think Millhousesblade1889 is correct in that we haven't controlled any period of any game so far.

That's unusual for us. Even as a team from a lower division against Premier League teams, we've always managed to find something at Bramall Lane and take it to these sorts of sides. That hasn't happened at all so far and it's down to the way we set up.

Don't feel for the players the whole of the football side is to blame, something radical has gone off within the set up, all will come out eventually.
Players just didn't want to play today for some reason or other.
SAD!!!!!
Did they receive their promotion bonuses? Not paying money owed to the players can result is no showings.

Might make sense and tallies with what some others have said Sean Thornton is this what you were talking about on the other thread with not paying debts?
He didn’t mention players just suppliers. Based on his conversations with a named employee.

Did they receive their promotion bonuses? Not paying money owed to the players can result is no showings.
Like downing tools!!! :rolleyes:
A good enough reason, if true, something seems to have upset the apple cart after last weeks performance, spunky and tenacious or did the straw break just before Spurs 1st goal or on yielding it?

Archer isn't good enough to play as a loan striker in the Prem.
The center halves can't defend crosses.

Baldock and Oli will be back to help with both next week.
Davies seems a mile off, that place with Hamer and Souza in midfield is still up for grabs.
I'd try Trusty at West Ham, just because it can't get any worse at the back.
Souza ?

Why ?

I think you’ll either see 5 changes minimum next Saturday & we’ll still lose. Or you’ll see Hecky sacked and a different approach.

The one issue is we’ve been rubbish all season, there isn’t a game I’ve seen where I witnessed us have any control of a game. We always look like we’re panicking in possession & Wes had been our POTS so far.

I don’t want to see Wilder return, it’ll just be the same as it was that final season all over again but I fear that’s the route we’ll take
A different approach?

What is our approach? Long ball?

i said you’ll either see 5 changes or Hecky sacked. Looks like it will be change. We will still lose, NDiaye carried this squad more than we all realised
We have now seen the championship standard in which we got promoted is one of the worst ever. All 3 of the new teams are struggling like crazy.

Without Ndiaye we wouldn’t have got promoted.

There in lies the problems.

We have now seen the championship standard in which we got promoted is one of the worst ever. All 3 of the new teams are struggling like crazy.

If you’re not rich you don’t stand a chance. The reason Fulham & Forest survived last year is because they have wealthy owners.

The stand out fairy tail story looking back was probably Bournemouth but they still had a Premiership squad having spent much longer than us there & Solanke who is a top striker.

They also sacked Parker harshly after a similar start to what we’ve have had and O’Neill rallied them together. I don’t want to see Hecky go, but it makes me wonder if it’s heading that way.

If you’re not rich you don’t stand a chance. The reason Fulham & Forest survived last year is because they have wealthy owners.

The stand out fairy tail story looking back was probably Bournemouth but they still had a Premiership squad having spent much longer than us there & Solanke who is a top striker.

They also sacked Parker harshly after a similar start to what we’ve have had and O’Neill rallied them together. I don’t want to see Hecky go, but it makes me wonder if it’s heading that way.
We are below Luton who spent less than us.

Forget the players or the club at all.

So many of you were too positive and we're claiming you could feel 3 points in your waters.

Apologies now, please.
after restraining man city and spurs for 90 minutes we had reason to be looking to compete yesterday , but no one was expecting the shut show they produced , Players who fought tooth and nail in the previous games jyst gave up possession didnt run didnt tackle and lost every challenge

was a bad day at the offioce , in fact the office burnt down

I think if the team don't put in an effort next week, fine then all a weeks wages, If they show no fight then they don't deserve to be footballers and play for our club or any club. Hopefully they have more backbone and pride in themselves. This could be the catalyst for the whole club to pull together and move forward,

We respond by winning the next game

Whilst I always liked Norwood, I don’t think he was the right man for this game & we missed McB & Lowe
By the way there’s one thing we cannot overlook
Newcastle £566M
SUFC £135M

Get the goose photos back out!

all 3 promoted sides will be relegated a trend i think that will continue for years

If we can get Mcburnie & Baldock to play 30 games each this season, we’ll stay up!!

Here are the biggest batterings of recent years:
25/10/2019: Southampton 0 - 9 Leicester (Southampton finished 11th)
02/02/2021: Man Utd 9 - 0 Southampton (Southampton finished 15th)
27/08/2022: Liverpool 9 - 0 Bournemouth (Bournemouth finished 15th)

View attachment 171765
The proof in the pudding will be the next two games,if we capitulate again then it will be curtains closed for sure.

One of the main issues is we have such little room for manoeuvre.

A fully fit First 11 playing well has a chance of staying up. Nothing more than a chance.

As soon as a player gets injured or is out of form we’ve got so little to come in. Look at the squad fillers…

Bogle defensive frailties are exacerbated
Larouci is essentially a development player
Trusty hasn’t been able to force his way into team
Bash isn’t the player he once was, nor do we play overlapping centre halves
Slimane isn’t good enough at the moment
Davies isn’t fit yet
Fleck and Osborn are injured/not good enough
Osula, Jebbison and Traore are development players
Brewster and RND god knows when / if they’ll be fit

Next two games are massive. I’d say ring the changes after Sundays debacle, but who on Earth comes in and improves the team!?

You know Derby FC they get mentioned alot......they finished with 11 points with a -69 goal difference ,they won just one game..............they beat Newcastle 1-0 there heaviest defeat 6-0 at Liverpool.

One of the main issues is we have such little room for manoeuvre.

A fully fit First 11 playing well has a chance of staying up. Nothing more than a chance.

As soon as a player gets injured or is out of form we’ve got so little to come in. Look at the squad fillers…

Bogle defensive frailties are exacerbated
Larouci is essentially a development player
Trusty hasn’t been able to force his way into team
Bash isn’t the player he once was, nor do we play overlapping centre halves
Slimane isn’t good enough at the moment
Davies isn’t fit yet
Fleck and Osborn are injured/not good enough
Osula, Jebbison and Traore are development players
Brewster and RND god knows when / if they’ll be fit

Next two games are massive. I’d say ring the changes after Sundays debacle, but who on Earth comes in and improves the team!?
Passed their best,unfit,injured,develoment,not good enough.........its not the way to make an assault on the Prem league,its a problem we have made for ourselves.

So we will just have to surf it out in the long term.

Xmas is on its way,shops are full of the stuff.

1695634409085.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom