Higdon today

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I thought Higdon had a decent 40 minutes he caused trouble in the Swindon defence, held up the ball and was victim to some awful gamesmanship by Swindon players who threw themselves to the floor every time he was near
I think him having to come off sums up his luck with us. Scored on his debut, looked the part, so nearly scored at 0-0 at Coventry when their keeper made an incredible save. That goes in its 2 in 2 we may have even won that day and his confidence is high instead his form goes down hill
Next he scores twice at MK then gets injured before the Barnsley match when he may have been coming into form
He will do someone a job but it maybe not us

I was on the Kop yesterday and felt that Higdon got a raw deal from the deeply inadequate referee. Having watched all the fouls attributed to him by the BBC Live Text Commentary on Blades Player I now feel he was lucky not to be sent off, mainly for the persistent fouling. The last one I felt, at the time, was playacting by the defender but having seen it again it looks like he was too slow and caught the player. Bad day at the office for him. Silver lining to all of this was the introduction of Jamie Murphy.

I think the great thing about these arguments are people slagging him off for being lazy but also slagging him off for putting himself about and challenging the defenders.

I also felt sorry for him yesterday. He linked up play well, won a few headers and was having a decent game but was victim of a referee being absolutely terrible. It was the right move to take him off and bring Murphy on, but that was an hour of football Clough didn't really want Murphy to play yesterday. He won us the game and was fantastic, but it probably means he'll be rested either Tuesday night or down at Gillingham on Saturday.

Since when were professional footballers unable to play twice in a week?

You can tell that a team hasn't done their homework when they try and get Higdon sent off......
I'm guessing they did their homework on Flynn, Bob, Scougall, Baxter, Murphy, JCR and McNulty and were a bit confused at kick off. At half time I bet they had a conversation like this:

Player: Murphy, he's one you mentioned before the game, right boss?
Manager: Yeah that's right.
Player: Which one was he?
Manager: The one who's far too good for you lot. Watch his pace down the wing and lethal finishing.
Player: Can't we just kick him like everyone else?
Manager: Only if you can get close enough...

Since when were professional footballers unable to play twice in a week?

They can, but we've played alot of games already and we potentially have 8 games coming up in February. We've tried to rest him twice already and we will do the same again this week I would imagine.

I think the great thing about these arguments are people slagging him off for being lazy but also slagging him off for putting himself about and challenging the defenders.

I also felt sorry for him yesterday. He linked up play well, won a few headers and was having a decent game but was victim of a referee being absolutely terrible. It was the right move to take him off and bring Murphy on, but that was an hour of football Clough didn't really want Murphy to play yesterday. He won us the game and was fantastic, but it probably means he'll be rested either Tuesday night or down at Gillingham on Saturday.

On that note, I would have thought that the plan was to play Murphy against Preston on Tuesday but wouldn't be surprised if Higdon starts now; possibly with De Girolamo.

Not Higgo's biggest fan, reminds me a lot of Billy Paynter however on a positive it was his 2 late goals that enabled us to beat MK Dongs and go on a great cup run , increasing the feel good factor around The Lane, putting a big wedge in the bank which ultimately allowed The Prodical Son to return to BDTBL, hail "The Bearded One"
In every negative theirs a Positive!

I always like to join a thread where "scapegoat" is wheeled out totally incorrectly, but that's not my issue today.

I don't know where the people were sat who have slagged him off for Saturday, but from the Kop it looked extremely harsh to give most of the decisions against him as fouls and I too felt sorry for him being targeted like that. I have never seen, at third division level, more gamesmanship and, basically, cheating in order to get someone sent off. Premiership style acting about coming to the lower divisions. Fuck off with that Swindon you namby pamby twats.

As he went off I was hoping his replacement would do the damage to them and so it proved. Justice well and truly served.

I always like to join a thread where "scapegoat" is wheeled out totally incorrectly, but that's not my issue today.

I don't know where the people were sat who have slagged him off for Saturday, but from the Kop it looked extremely harsh to give most of the decisions against him as fouls and I too felt sorry for him being targeted like that. I have never seen, at third division level, more gamesmanship and, basically, cheating in order to get someone sent off. Premiership style acting about coming to the lower divisions. Fuck off with that Swindon you namby pamby twats.

As he went off I was hoping his replacement would do the damage to them and so it proved. Justice well and truly served.

As I said I thought the same but when I looked again Higdon just wasn't good enough and made too many poor challenges. Simple as that.

Back
Top Bottom