Heckingbottoms future?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If they get shut of Hecky they can have my season ticket up their Jacksy.

If we do get taken over would the new owner stick with Heckingbottom or have his own manager in place ready to take over? Could be a possibility why United been put under a embargo to stop any players being signed and not wanted by a new manager

Sir Frank of Lampard's red and white army ?

like to see signings and money spent like Burnley are doing

I well remember some of the vitriol flung in Eddie Howe’s direction by some of the “experts” on here
We (forum members) are so far removed from “expert” it’s laughable (and I include myself). We post on football and finance matters with a certain belief we could do a better job cause we know whats going on from a few rumours.

Take the battle between McCabe and PA. Think nearly everyone was wary of PA and backing McCabe when it went to court. Then facts took over and the “collective” tentatively thought PA might be best winning it.

But, we all feared he might go through with the dodgy deal McCabe set up with the bad Stetson wearing cowboys from across the pond, laden us with debt and sell the assets.

But, PA didn’t sack Wilder he gave him £120m and won promotion. Poor old Burnley got the Stetson wearing cowboys and religation.

Now the chips are down and the mythical metaphorical “they” are being quoted, who are the mythical “they”? They are a collective body of experts we all quote ( ….. they say that…….) to support our wanted outcomes @Sunjih Darren Smith, Nixon, Sun et al then in the next breath quote against them.

Soon we will know who the bidders/new owners are and we’ll all go oh, didn’t see that coming. Then we will analyse them and how they will drag us back to league one or win the European cup in 5 years to death, look back at posts and issue recriminations or claim I told you so notices.

Meanwhile, we now praise how well Burnley are being run by the Stetson wearing cowboys we didn’t want and how Howe (I sound like Fred Dinenage) has gone from tosser to next England manager.

And at this juncture we start debating sacking Hecky 🤣

Funny old game, I obviously don’t understand it on or off the pitch, I’m expert in nowt and love debating my lack of knowledge, I change my opinion more than my underwear but I love it, football eh?

Anyhoo Sean Thornton I'm of to order a Volvo on a whim and consider the pros and cons of deep fat fryers. ;)

If we do get taken over would the new owner stick with Heckingbottom or have his own manager in place ready to take over? Could be a possibility why United been put under a embargo to stop any players being signed and not wanted by a new manager
200.gif

We (forum members) are so far removed from “expert” it’s laughable (and I include myself). We post on football and finance matters with a certain belief we could do a better job cause we know whats going on from a few rumours.

Take the battle between McCabe and PA. Think nearly everyone was wary of PA and backing McCabe when it went to court. Then facts took over and the “collective” tentatively thought PA might be best winning it.

But, we all feared he might go through with the dodgy deal McCabe set up with the bad Stetson wearing cowboys from across the pond, laden us with debt and sell the assets.

But, PA didn’t sack Wilder he gave him £120m and won promotion. Poor old Burnley got the Stetson wearing cowboys and religation.

Now the chips are down and the mythical metaphorical “they” are being quoted, who are the mythical “they”? They are a collective body of experts we all quote ( ….. they say that…….) to support our wanted outcomes @Sunjih Darren Smith, Nixon, Sun et al then in the next breath quote against them.

Soon we will know who the bidders/new owners are and we’ll all go oh, didn’t see that coming. Then we will analyse them and how they will drag us back to league one or win the European cup in 5 years to death, look back at posts and issue recriminations or claim I told you so notices.

Meanwhile, we now praise how well Burnley are being run by the Stetson wearing cowboys we didn’t want and how Howe (I sound like Fred Dinenage) has gone from tosser to next England manager.

Funny old game, I obviously don’t understand it on or off the pitch, I’m expert in nowt and love debating my lack of knowledge, I change my opinion more than my underwear but I love it, football eh?

Anyhoo Sean Thornton I'm of to order a Volvo on a whim and consider the pros and cons of deep fat fryers. ;)
There is an element of uncontrollable luck involved as well with owners.

Didn’t Burnley have to find about 50-60m within the year to settle some loans? What if they had the situation we did where we didn’t sell or at least the bids came in were well below market? How would they have gone then? Truth is, we’ll never know. They sold the non-scoring winger O’Neill at a good price to Fat Frank for 20m+, Collins the defender for 25m to Wolves, a couple more and were then well on their way.

They then dropped on with Kompany doing so well and also having a better than average knowledge of a cheaper market in which to fish. He’s at it again, after a South African striker. So these Stetson wearing Americans lol will largely get away with it and not be so unfavourable perceived if they bounce back at the first attempt. But it could have gone so far the other way if they hadn’t managed to offload anyone.

This seems to be where the Prince is at. We didn’t have this mass exodus, only the players he kept are also coming good but he’s probably stretched beyond his level of comfort.

He just has to ride it out but we all know the summer without promotion would be a pretty bleak one.

Let’s hope we don’t get to glimpse into that reality.

Hopefully we can get through to February intact and we’ll all breathe a lot easier!

Didn’t Burnley have to find about 50-60m within the year to settle some loans? What if they had the situation we did where we didn’t sell or at least the bids came in were well below market? How would they have gone then? Truth is, we’ll never know. They sold the non-scoring winger O’Neill at a good price to Fat Frank for 20m+, Collins the defender for 25m to Wolves, a couple more and were then well on their way.

They then dropped on with Kompany doing so well and also having a better than average knowledge of a cheaper market in which to fish. He’s at it again, after a South African striker. So these Stetson wearing Americans lol will largely get away with it and not be so unfavourable perceived if they bounce back at the first attempt. But it could have gone so far the other way if they hadn’t managed to offload anyone.
The fundamental difference between us and Burnley is that they were “established” in the PL, with a number of players who were regarded and coveted by other PL managers, so it was far easier for them to sell these players for decent money. So much so that they’ve mitigated the impact of having to use the parachute payments to pay off part of the loan.
It’ll be interesting to see what their accounts look like and the extent of any gamble they’ve taken this season. My guess is that many of the signings are being paid for in instalments with the cost of each being amortised over the length of the contracts to comply with FFP. What that would’ve meant if they didn’t go up, is anyone’s guess.

Whether you consider the appointment of Kompany as dropping lucky, and there’s always an element of fortune in terms of who’s available when you need to make an appointment and how it pans out, they have to take some credit in getting it right first time. Very few clubs do. I hate it when clubs make things look easy, it never is. It’ll be interesting to see how they cope being back in the PL and if they can sustain it.

If the owner is wealthy, then he'll probably bring in someone else in summer.

If not, it would seem a rather stupid idea to sack a successful manager within 6 months of buying a club

A factor that people aren't considered is "image and reputation".

All the successful Sheffield United managers, Bassett, Warnock and Wilder had this reputation for being muck and nettles, salt of the earth managers.
When ever we've tried to go up market to improve our image with a Robson or a Jukanovic it's not worked.

However the reality is...if a new owner wants to put Sheff Utd on the map.
Then it's so tempting to appoint a big name "sexy" world star.

Notice how Burnley always had this working class, negative, kick and rush image, Stoke we the same too.
They then appoint ex Man City captain Kompany and almost overnight they received positive media attention and have become much more fashionable.
Not saying it's right but I would think they'll be a strong desire to dump the unknown, quite dour Hecky and replace him with an exciting ex international star.

A factor that people aren't considered is "image and reputation".

All the successful Sheffield United managers, Bassett, Warnock and Wilder had this reputation for being muck and nettles, salt of the earth managers.
When ever we've tried to go up market to improve our image with a Robson or a Jukanovic it's not worked.

However the reality is...if a new owner wants to put Sheff Utd on the map.
Then it's so tempting to appoint a big name "sexy" world star.

Notice how Burnley always had this working class, negative, kick and rush image, Stoke we the same too.
They then appoint ex Man City captain Kompany and almost overnight they received positive media attention and have become much more fashionable.
Not saying it's right but I would think they'll be a strong desire to dump the unknown, quite dour Hecky and replace him with an exciting ex international star.
I think it depends what type of players we'd be signing. If we're bringing in mostly foreign players with international reputations then maybe Hecky isn't the best man. Especially given the way we train and prepare, which may not be what they're used to.

At the risk of running in the opposite direction, I'm more worried about losing Hecky to Everton or whatever PL club decides they need a new manager, than I am about a mythical billionaire preferring Rafa Benitez...

At the risk of running in the opposite direction, I'm more worried about losing Hecky to Everton or whatever PL club decides they need a new manager, than I am about a mythical billionaire preferring Rafa Benitez...

No PL club would dream of appointing Hecky, it was the same with Wilder.
Both aren't fashionable enough and are associated with the lower divisions.

Still think that's more likely to happen than someone coming in, looking at our position and deciding to change the manager...

There is a tendency in football to massively overestimate the impact of a team's manager on results.
Also the reward system for managers is flawed - managers effectively get rewarded for poor performance - most of the "top" managers have been sacked from multiple clubs and this doesn't seem to affect anyone's view of them as a "top manager" (I give you Steve Bruce, ffs)

We've been here before, bringing in a "name" who wasn't a good fit for the team and it was a disaster.

Who on earth would be so daft as to replace Hecky at this point?!!
FallowfieldBlade has been trying to get rid of him for months.

Sean Dyche being his top tip for a quality replacement, though since Sir Frank of Lampard became available yesterday
who can say. 😂

There is a tendency in football to massively overestimate the impact of a team's manager on results.
Also the reward system for managers is flawed - managers effectively get rewarded for poor performance - most of the "top" managers have been sacked from multiple clubs and this doesn't seem to affect anyone's view of them as a "top manager" (I give you Steve Bruce, ffs)

We've been here before, bringing in a "name" who wasn't a good fit for the team and it was a disaster.

Attachments

• 85od5jz44l561.jpg
    85od5jz44l561.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 6

Blade56 claims new owner is Scandinavian…….

There's a Toure brother in the wings... lol... Or maybe Mark Hughes has one last destroy and exit in him? Ya ya I'm just havin a daft laugh like

🤡

All depends on your stock. Hecky right now has done enough that if he was to leave he might find he's able to get a job top end champ again.

Just being a name isn't enough however I see your point and think there is some truth to it.

Wilder after our first season in PL would have had offers had he left the club that summer (Covid summer). His stock was high.

All about your stock. For instance Potter's stock has risen enough to be appointed Chelsea manager.
That said it might not be for long with their form.

Brendan Rodgers got high enough to become the Liverpool manager a bit back. Moyes the Man Utd manager.

Stock's go up and down. Wilder's is not as high as July 2020. Such that he is considering Champ clubs that aren't in a position for promotion or L1 clubs (Possibly).

Moyes had to go away to Real Sociedad. And not really get a better rep till West Ham. Although of course they are struggling.

Back
Top Bottom