Heckingbottoms future?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If we do get taken over would the new owner stick with Heckingbottom or have his own manager in place ready to take over? Could be a possibility why United been put under a embargo to stop any players being signed and not wanted by a new manager
Where are Slav and Adkins ?

If we do get taken over would the new owner stick with Heckingbottom or have his own manager in place ready to take over? Could be a possibility why United been put under a embargo to stop any players being signed and not wanted by a new manager

We would be bought by a billionaire with a huge profile if the new guy sacks hecky..

He'd be sacking him to employ a recognisable world class manager, who could deal with the egos of World class players..

Seeing as the takeover is dragging its heels big time, indicating that its not somebody with disposable billions, Hecky's job looks very safe...

You only need to look at what new owners have done in the past with other clubs.

They might like the idea of appointing a new manager, they might already have had talks and have someone else they have in mind.
However whilst ever the current manager is doing well, then the new owners never immediately rock the boat and the present manager keeps his job.

However a few slip ups and they don't need much of an excuse to bring in a new man.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dkc
Most the time new owners mean a new manager pretty quickly. Would you be willing to hand over a business you own to someone who may have completely different ideas to yours? Basically if a takeover happens as soon as we hit a rocky spell he's gone. I'd almost rather a clean break in the summer if that's even in the back of their minds.

Unless their plan is more of the same just with real money 🤷‍♂️

Most the time new owners mean a new manager pretty quickly. Would you be willing to hand over a business you own to someone who may have completely different ideas to yours? Basically if a takeover happens as soon as we hit a rocky spell he's gone. I'd almost rather a clean break in the summer if that's even in the back of their minds.

Unless their plan is more of the same just with real money 🤷‍♂️
Hecky will be in the job as long as he wants it

That's not a reason that's included in EFL rules and regulations

Probably get sacked in the summer, worked for Southampton with Adkins.....

They may want there own man but sod all to do with player contracts

I absolutely love Hecky. It's great having a sensible, level-headed, intelligent Yorkshireman in charge.

Separately, I doubt his job would be under threat, whoever the new owner is, unless we're struggling after xmas in the Prem. More likely to get Allardyce than Pochettino though!

If the owner is wealthy, then he'll probably bring in someone else in summer.

If not, it would seem a rather stupid idea to sack a successful manager within 6 months of buying a club

Hopefully a big thing isn't made of this.

At the end of the day, he may well have been having to 'deal with' a few things since November.

I also manage a team a similar size to Paul and if by lunch time Monday I'm not having to 'deal with' something then I'm not doing my job properly.

In the words of Roy Keane "that's your job".

When you're managing an organisation that naturally loses money at the level, if it wants to be competitive then you have to expect bumps in the road.

He is absolutely right to say "it will only affect us if we let it affect us".

But by the same token I hope he doesn't become a winey about it like Chris did over time.

He's never had this much support or a club at this level at his hands. It's a time to simply pull together and if that means we don't get to externally replace the 381 minutes of Khadra, then let's not bleat about it. Let's accept one door closes and another opens and it could be a huge blessing regarding the development of Jebbo. Much rather see him learn on the job than invest in some lad from Villa or wherever.

People like to see signings and money spent like Burnley are doing but let's not lose sight of the fact that keeping Egan, Berge, McBurnie and co at the club is already a massive investment.

All I hope is that the next time we change manager the owners, whoever they might be, don’t take any notice of anyone on this forum. I well remember some of the vitriol flung in Eddie Howe’s direction by some of the “experts” on here when he was touted to replace Wilder.

Keep Paul until the last game let him have the bus parade and say thanks the day after

Elite leagues the Prem need elite managers (not Paul )

All I hope is that the next time we change manager the owners, whoever they might be, don’t take any notice of anyone on this forum. I well remember some of the vitriol flung in Eddie Howe’s direction by some of the “experts” on here when he was touted to replace Wilder.
Any owners who are so weak they listen to the supporters on subjects such as managerial appointments lack the leadership skills to succeed as football club owners. People can talk about how much money an owner has or hasn’t put in but the true test of an owner’s worth is their insight, vision and leadership. Any billionaire can spunk money on a football club but without strong leadership, you end up like Everton or the pigs.

Back
Top Bottom