Has this been our best ever season as fans..

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Financially our most important promotion. 3 more years of substansielle economic support

But that gives him the right to disrespect everyone who dunt agree wi him , no matter how long hes ‘ been a Blade ‘ ?

No, I think you’ll find that Frank has always expressed his views, sometimes a bit robustly, and has paid the price with a ban from time to time, but he has always bounced back, under a variety of guises, which to me is a good sign. You are a relative newcomer, which sometimes makes established members a bit wary - trust me, he’s alright.

The promotion under Wilder beats it for me. Rag tag group of underdogs defying the odds with a bold and brave unique style of playing. Promoted in 2/3 seasons.
A Blade for a manager and a Blade for a Captain.
An end to a prolonged exile from the top table and the added joy of leaving Wednesday in our dust.

I found it hard to enjoy much of this season with the ownership debacle, the embargo, all of the injuries which created (for me) an impending sense of doom, which was almost realised when we tanked in October and March.
We nearly lost Ndiaye and Berge at the most crucial part of the season and we defaulted on payments to local suppliers.
The atmosphere inside Bramall Lane wasn't always great, but not helped sometimes by the style of play.

HOWEVER...
Ultimately, we pissed it.
Heckingbottom has done brilliantly and I've loved watching a very different looking United team with skillful players, able to beat a man and full of individual match winners.

To be able to have a promotion party, 4 games from the end, at Wembley, in a FA Cup semi-final is the stuff of dreams. What a day out that was.

Whatever happens from here, I will always have a great deal of admiration and respect for what the coaching staff did this season.
Agree with this.

Promotion under Wilder to the Prem was better, that’s not taking anything from this team tho. It was more exciting under Wilder as there were a few moments where we all thought we had fucked it.

That Easter weekend was unreal, Wigan beating Leeds on the Friday whilst sat in the pub beer garden celebrating with Blades. The trip back from Hull and hearing Brentford were beating Leeds, back to Sheffield just in time to watch the last ten minutes of that match and the pub going nuts at full time.

Agree with this.

Promotion under Wilder to the Prem was better, that’s not taking anything from this team tho. It was more exciting under Wilder as there were a few moments where we all thought we had fucked it.

That Easter weekend was unreal, Wigan beating Leeds on the Friday whilst sat in the pub beer garden celebrating with Blades. The trip back from Hull and hearing Brentford were beating Leeds, back to Sheffield just in time to watch the last ten minutes of that match and the pub going nuts at full time.
Also, I was drunk for 2 weeks after that one. Started after the Ipswich game. Stoke away - (was there a beam-back at the lane? Can't remember, got so pissed) the scenes when the bus got back to the Lane! The players awards night, Egan's song, finally the Parade

Frank has a point, there is a huge amount of negativity, more than seems reasonable in a season where we never dropped below 2nd from November onwards. I can’t remember a promotion to the top league where we did it by our own efforts, rather than by a rival falling over and then had relaxing games to spare.

However, the icing on the cake was the spectacular implosion in S6 and although it isn’t quite over for them, I can’t help feeling that if Carlsberg did season endings…….
the continuing demise of the self appointed most succesful team in yorkshire has lifted this season to a height of enjoyment again not seen since forest whooped them 3-0 to send them down . Hopefully us staying up next season will coincide with wednesday going into liquidation so we can argue if next season was better

Hecky his staff and the Players had done a great job getting us promoted. the problem for us we always have problems behind the scenes.what I mean poor chairman owners whatever no backing having to get loan players in who have been brilliant for us. the prince wants to sell and let it be known he can't afford to run the club. Man City, Newcastle have got an owner that wants to spend millions to sustain the club and keep them challenging for the champions league and all competition they are in. This is the big difference between spending a season or two in the premier league and then getting relegated back down to the championship. Thats why Wilder left his dream job.broken promises etc. Now that we a back in the premier league you would think someone would buy the club because it,s not often a premier league club is available. Obviously, Man Utd are supposed to be up for sale but that's totally different from our situation. I wish I was a billionaire I would love to buy our beloved Blades.
Sorry for going on a bit of a rant and maybe on the wrong thread.

For the more mature supporters, it might be policy to remember the 1960/1961 season when United were promoted to the top division in 2nd place in Division 2 - it might also be policy to remember the THREE semi-final matches with Leicester City (0-0 at Elland Road, 0-0 at the City Ground, and 0-2 at St.Andrews).

270BC934-826D-4A7C-A215-B89E724F6EB3.png

No, I think you’ll find that Frank has always expressed his views, sometimes a bit robustly, and has paid the price with a ban from time to time, but he has always bounced back, under a variety of guises, which to me is a good sign. You are a relative newcomer, which sometimes makes established members a bit wary - trust me, he’s alright.
Have to take your word for it then , but you must admit that he has a lot of pig characteristics , arrogant , ignorant ,aggressive ,smart arse , thinks he knows it all , and clearly dislikes Blades. Apart from that tho , seems like a nice boy

Back
Top Bottom