Has this been our best ever season as fans..

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

INTERUNITED

Reaction score
Promoted to the Premier League with ease after the pigs and Boro were confident we'd fucked it up in March.
A brilliant quarter final game in the FA cup against Blackburn in which we win it in the last minute with a worldy goal.
Semi final of the FA cup against the best team in the world. A more than respectable scoreline/performance after the pigs were confident we'd lose 6 or 7 nil.
Pigs had won the league in March only to fuck it up in April and May and finish in the playoffs.
Pigs beat Derby on the last day of the season and are gloating they've now got an easier game against Peterborough.
Pigs book coaches to Wembley and hotels in London.
Pigs get absolutely battered against Peterborough 4-0 and are a laughing stock nationwide.
What a season to be a Blade. Absolutely loved it 🤣🤣🤣

Oh and a special mention to Brewster who's had their fans on strings. Top stuff
UP THEM PREMIER LEAGUE BLADES!!!!

Promoted to the Premier League with ease after the pigs and Boro were confident we'd fucked it up in March.
A brilliant quarter final game in the FA cup against Blackburn in which we win it in the last minute with a worldy goal.
Semi final of the FA cup against the best team in the world. A more than respectable scoreline/performance after the pigs were confident we'd lose 6 or 7 nil.
Pigs had won the league in March only to fuck it up in April and May and finish in the playoffs.
Pigs beat Derby on the last day of the season and are gloating they've now got an easier game against Peterborough.
Pigs book coaches to Wembley and hotels in London.
Pigs get absolutely battered against Peterborough 4-0 and are a laughing stock nationwide.
What a season to be a Blade. Absolutely loved it 🤣🤣🤣

Oh and a special mention to Brewster who's had their fans on strings. Top stuff
UP THEM PREMIER LEAGUE BLADES!!!!
Just need to add in Forest and/or Leeds going down and I don’t think we’ll see much better.

I still think 1989/90 was the best when you consider the last day at Filbert Street. Wednesday not expected to go down and we replaced them in the same day and also we'd only just come up from the third division and were expected to be the worse of the three promoted sides. So for me 1989/90 will probably never be beaten unless we win something or finish in a Champions League spot but that's just my view.

In terms of importance though this season arguably the most important in the club's recent history because had we not gone up we could have been in financial meltdown, selling assets left right and centre and with the strength of the teams coming down this season from the PL I think our chances of going up were slim to say the least.

I still think 1989/90 was the best when you consider the last day at Filbert Street. Wednesday not expected to go down and we replaced them in the same day and also we'd only just come up from the third division and were expected to be the worse of the three promoted sides. So for me 1989/90 will probably never be beaten unless we win something or finish in a Champions League spot but that's just my view.

In terms of importance though this season arguably the most important in the club's recent history because had we not gone up we could have been in financial meltdown, selling assets left right and centre and with the strength of the teams coming down this season from the PL I think our chances of going up were slim to say the least.
Spot on

Good post mate

^ this 🙂

On paper it's right up there, but their hasn't been the excitement of other seasons, and the atmosphere has been very very flat. That would suggest the fans weren't enjoying themselves particularly throughout the season, but the end result has been a good one. So I suppose it depends on how we measuring it.

On paper it's right up there, but their hasn't been the excitement of other seasons, and the atmosphere has been very very flat. That would suggest the fans weren't enjoying themselves particularly throughout the season, but the end result has been a good one. So I suppose it depends on how we measuring it.

In the past I ways wanted us to wrap things up early, I hated the last game scenario to decide stuff, but I have to admit I have missed the end of season shenanigans that we're usually part of.

I enjoyed the smugness though of having 3 games to spare, and last night them pigs baked us a lovely cake ball, hopefully they'll stick a nice cherry on top of it for us this Thursday night..

Id put it up there with 1990
we got more points this time
in 1990 we took some bad losses but to win it in the last game always seems better , being up with 3 to go is lovely but not as exciting
But we go up with some of the best players weve ever had, and some really good youngsters
we beat leicester 5-1 , and this time Burnley by the same score, bit further behind the top club but they got a ton of points

We've had opportunities to open up a 2 division gap previously I thought in 03 we should have, but always wanted to be 2 divisions above and rub their noses right in it, if we stay up next season we can literally forget about them.

89/90 was better from a day point of view but this will live long in the memory.

It's been great, right up their with the best in my lifetime including 1990
I'll give it two defeats before 'It's the Sheffield united way ' and ndiaye to score last mi ute penalty against us brigade start
They are far happier when things go wrong
Been a disappointing season for them

The 1971 promotion is my all-time favorite because I was a 12-year-old kid was my first taste of glory. I lived in Walkley and was at Myers Grove School in Stannington
great taking Micky out of the Wendy fans. especially Megson and Chris Turner who had the misfortune to play for them. I enjoyed all the other promotions. enjoying this promotion we are celebrating now more sweeter.having been written us off and dismissed by the Boro manager and fans. getting to the semi-final of the FA Cup is an extra bonus
I noticed that Morrisons in swillsbro has a new line in gravy salt. they call it laughing stock you can miss it it has got blue and white packageing/

Mind the gap wendy

UTB.

Have to say I totally disagree with you with regards to the atmosphere and fans enjoying themselves. It’s been a brilliant season for lots of reasons.

Have to say I totally disagree with you with regards to the atmosphere and fans enjoying themselves. It’s been a brilliant season for lots of reasons.
It has but most of the people who post on here don't know that
They've been hysterical about every goal, loss , other team winning all season. expecting the worst and then when it didn't moving straight on to next season and how shit all the players are

The 1971 promotion is my all-time favorite because I was a 12-year-old kid was my first taste of glory. I lived in Walkley and was at Myers Grove School in Stannington
great taking Micky out of the Wendy fans. especially Megson and Chris Turner who had the misfortune to play for them. I enjoyed all the other promotions. enjoying this promotion we are celebrating now more sweeter.having been written us off and dismissed by the Boro manager and fans. getting to the semi-final of the FA Cup is an extra bonus
I noticed that Morrisons in swillsbro has a new line in gravy salt. they call it laughing stock you can miss it it has got blue and white packageing/

Mind the gap wendy

UTB.
I agree - no one who was at the 5-1 win at home v Cardiff will ever forget that game and that promotion. What a team we had.

They've been hysterical about every goal, loss , other team winning all season. expecting the worst and then when it didn't moving straight on to next season and how shit all the players are
But ’most people on here’ are not as smart or tough as you little frank , but they have a right to an opinion ,like pompey,
which is something you seem to have trouble understanding ,or you just like to be controversial maybe

But ’most people on here’ are not as smart or tough as you little frank , but they have a right to an opinion ,like pompey,
which is something you seem to have trouble understanding ,or you just like to be controversial maybe
Frank has a point, there is a huge amount of negativity, more than seems reasonable in a season where we never dropped below 2nd from November onwards. I can’t remember a promotion to the top league where we did it by our own efforts, rather than by a rival falling over and then had relaxing games to spare.

However, the icing on the cake was the spectacular implosion in S6 and although it isn’t quite over for them, I can’t help feeling that if Carlsberg did season endings…….

I haven't done any of that. I do think Bramall Lane has been dead all season though and I don't think many would argue with that.

Back
Top Bottom