Football League deal on Channel 5

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

heh.. channnel five manage to instantly alienate around half a million viewers in ten minutes. good work lads :rolleyes:

I cant fucking believe what ive just seen on there. Some cunt holding an away shirt of ours and taking the piss in front of a leering crowd of fucking bellends. Shit as ever channel 5
I loved the way co-presenter George Riley threw the shirt to someone offscreen saying "Here, does anyone want this btw?" with a few jeers from the crowd!

I will give it another week before deciding never to watch this 'show' again. Unfortunately, I like seeing all the goals from the Football League and I don't really know how to see the goals otherwise.

heh.. channnel five manage to instantly alienate around half a million viewers in ten minutes. good work lads :rolleyes:
Don't care who it is, its just utterly unprofessional to take the piss out of any club as your opening gambit on your first show. The fact that it was done for Vaughans benefit makes ne wish someone had flattened the male presenter to be frank.

Do channel 5 get anywhere near that sort of viewing figures in the first place, even for their 'top' shows like neighbours and the other antipodean emmerdales?

Unbelievable, The Football League's official twitter page have a load of pig fans as their cover photo! Just noticed.

Do channel 5 get anywhere near that sort of viewing figures in the first place, even for their 'top' shows like neighbours and the other antipodean emmerdales?
rephrase .. half a million 'potential' viewers.. happy now?

So we were on second then ahead of nearly all the rest of the football league? Moving up in the world.

Thought the Sheffield pigs and United coverage to start was a refreshing change.

If we hadn't got battered 4-0
If pigs hadn't hadn't won
If we hadn't got a really shit kit

Then it wouldn't have been so bad....

The format was all to cock. I understand why they do it, so that people stay watching as you don't know when you'll be on.

It would be better to work backwards up the league. LG2, LG1, CH.

Have to agree, C5 won't be digging deep. It will be cheap, not cheerful and likely very cheesy.

Dear Auntie Beeb..........turn the light off and close the door on your way out.

Bring in the new.

Whooops
This was a classic case of be careful what you wish for.
Spot on flawed.

An utter abortion and dogs dinner of a 'show.'
All over the place.
It was as if 20 drug fuelled media students had been on a brainstorming exercise and they had no leader so everyone's view was included.

If the brief was to have Claridge and Manish receive a nomination for a BAFTA award, it was a overwhelming success .

Wow, as Television football shows go that must be the worst there's ever been.

Forgot it was on at first so switched on late. Waited for our goals (or goals against to be pedantic), waited, saw rest of Lg1, and waited some more. Never saw the fuckers at all.
Only saw unprofessional kids TV presenters with a bunch of wankers in the studio and piss poor highlights. Won't be bothering again if I can help it!

Blimey, seems like a lot of sandy vaginas over this weekend.

Watching MOTD2 last night just gave a reminder of how good a more relaxed, informal football highlights show can be.

No need to try & reinvent the wheel (or to fashionably waste time by somewhat hysterically "interacting" with "normal"[?] football fans).
Just be good at presenting & analysing. And prioritise the actual football.

Blimey, seems like a lot of sandy vaginas over this weekend.

Don't know about Sandy but there was an abnormally high cunt count for a football highlights show.

It's just a bit disappointing if, like me, you barely watch any of the other football on TV but are quite interested in seeing the goals from your own division/world. To be presented with such a amateurish piece of shit was the final straw to a pretty bad footballing day.
Had to switch over and watch Shawshank for the 87th time.

appalling show.The intro was made by school kids, Presenters were awful nd the audience idea is crap.makes football league show look good. il be sticking to goals express on sky sports news from 6pm. then go out..........

Now it's all beginning to make sense. The munter presenter - Kelly Cates - just happens to be Kenny Dalglish's daughter. Jobs for the girls. She's as much use as Lizzie 'Airhead' Greenwood.

For some wassock fronting the show to hold a Blades,away shirt, find a Blade in the audience, laugh at him , then hurl the shirt into the crowd, saying "does anyone want that?", seems to me to be totally unprofessional, and , to my Blades striped eyes, is the hallmark of a grade one prick.

Said wassock 'George Riley is a sports broadcaster from Leeds.' (wikipedia).

Says it all really.

Why do they let 70s directors who did the Tube do football programmes

why were there herds of lowing fans grazing around the set
the token female , a must have on football programmes these days ,was obviously pulled straight off QVC shopping channel
It was shot as a homage to Pùlp Fiction jumping from location and leagues to obscurely assorted interviews,

football fans want highlights programmes to have football highlights in them , not presenters moving about a set stolen from the bay city rollers tv show

an utter abortion of a programme,

Is anyone really surprised that channel 5 produced a shit show? Let's look at their current line up of shows

Benefits Britain
Benefits by the sea
Baby faced mums
My little murderer
Scrounging Cunts in outer space
Monkey tennis

Their output is basically a live version of the daily mail.

Close but no cigar. It is like a live version of the Daily Express, which co-incidentally it shares a owner with

Why can't they just copy MOTD's format? There are more games, so give it 2 hrs with 4 or 5 sets of extended highlights and the goals / chances from the rest? It's not rocket science.

The only saving grace is that we won't be watching that moon-faced twat Seth annoying managers, fans, players and even mascots. And Steve and Leroy seeing who can be dullest.

I missed most of this gladly, once shoutbox told me we were on second for some reason.

I enjoyed catching the budget 1970's style manual tables near the end. Note how there are 2 Oldhams and no Swindons in League One.

It really says something when people are pining for Clem fannying about at 1am. How can it be this hard to make a standard palatable show when all of the actual content has been given to you on a plate?
shitshow.jpg

Back
Top Bottom