Fans Forum Last Night

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

yes, very p[perceptive. My thoughts too.

It's alright CW saying Done wont play wing back - he might not be playing at all - not a CW type player.

Time will tell.

UTB

I'm inclined to agree ..... he seems to have lost two yards of pace in the last 6 months ( I know he was played out of position last season, but he wasn't carrying a full rucksack) and I can see him only being a bit-part 4th choice striker or being sold if the right offer comes in ......

UTB & FTP

It's alright CW saying Done wont play wing back - he might not be playing at all - not a CW type player.

Time will tell.

UTB

Personally I don't think Adams will be Wilder's cup of tea and Done will be.

Big 'however' though, it's that challenge of playing the right man alongside Sharp who doesn't have height or pace. Because he doesn't have those it's hard to play him as the one up top, so it has to be two. Done is a busy front striker and has pace. In Sharp's best ever scoring season he partnered Andy Keogh up front and he was and was busy and nippy, medium height lad with a good footballing brain. It's Done's teamwork and positional sense which leave a lot to be desired as yet but Adkins just never gave him chance to develop a partnership with Sharp, maybe because Adams was the 'fans choice'. I think they could be good with plenty of men supporting them from midfield. High crosses would be a waste of time but what's new.

My gut feeling is that Adams will get a rude awakening under Wilder and it could go either way.

To be fair ....... after some of the shit we've been "rewarded" with at home matches in the last few years ....... there is very real justification for "vile abuse" to be hurled at certain players, given that hurling rotten fruit and vegetables is unlikely to be tolerated by the police and stewards :rolleyes:

The Shrewsbury debacle comes to mind amongst many recent examples .........

UTB & FTP

Yes and what the do gooders sometimes fail to realise . You do have to pay to get in to BDTBL to watch something that could fall under the trade descriptions act , football .

The other thing not mentioned by the do good know alls . It may be prudent to shout abuse sat down , not standing , due to Health and Safety .

UTB

Bottom line with the CW tweets is he is a SU fan, so he knows coming up to the start of the season what the fans want to hear, good PR move in my estimation:)

The shouts come from further back than directly behind the dug out, thank you :p

We occasionally have some uncouth individuals stroll down the gangway to gob off, but we are weary souls who haven't the energy to impart anything other than a bit of pantomime ref-baiting when the need arises.

I'm quite sure there are exceptions to my rule!... :)

Personally I don't think Adams will be Wilder's cup of tea and Done will be.

Big 'however' though, it's that challenge of playing the right man alongside Sharp who doesn't have height or pace. Because he doesn't have those it's hard to play him as the one up top, so it has to be two. Done is a busy front striker and has pace. In Sharp's best ever scoring season he partnered Andy Keogh up front and he was and was busy and nippy, medium height lad with a good footballing brain. It's Done's teamwork and positional sense which leave a lot to be desired as yet but Adkins just never gave him chance to develop a partnership with Sharp, maybe because Adams was the 'fans choice'. I think they could be good with plenty of men supporting them from midfield. High crosses would be a waste of time but what's new.

My gut feeling is that Adams will get a rude awakening under Wilder and it could go either way.

I agree regarding Adams ...... Tufty's already said that he thinks Adams has taken his foot off the gas a bit since his new contract and that he needs to get more out of him.

Wouldn't be surprised if he sells him if a decent offer comes in for him ..... may not be hard-working enough for Tufty's liking ..... time will tell.

UTB & FTP

Time will tell.

UTB

From his comments Knill seemed to rate Done
But as you say time will tell

Wow! I've never heard about that.
I thought that kind of shitty behaviour was only done on the internet nowadays.
Me neither at the Lane but I did hear an interview with an ex-player where this (generally) was part of a discussion about why some coaches/assistant managers are unable to make the step up to manager.

The player was talking about someone he knew who'd stepped up who had told him when you're sat in the dug out and things are going wrong and people are screaming stuff at you it can disturb your thinking; when you should be working out what's going wrong and what to do about it the pressure can make you freeze.

Remember when Garner turned on that group when we got a late winner one game, waved his arms and shouted real angry abuse at them. Not that I had any time whatsoever for Garner, but it showed how much goes on down there..

I think you'll find that they were actually guests of the matchday, ball or programme sponsors and were seated in the directors box. And are now banned from being there again.

So close!!!!!!

"....
Stephen Neary @StephenBlade
CW: "the sky's the limit for Che, but he needs to realise that. He can rip this division apart."....."

If only he had said the classic line from this, and other, forums!

"..he could rip this division a new one!..,."

There are a bunch of self-important, ignorant numpties who deliberately position themselves behind the dug-outs and close to the directors box. many have season tickets. It enables them to shout vile abuse at players, management and board to their little hearts' content. They are entirely satisfied when the team plays crap. It allows them to impart their wisdom to an admiring audience and feel very pleased with themselves, because their opinions must be heard and they know best. Its the only time in their lives they feel important. I've seen and heard them. They are complete wankers.

I doubt that's what CW is on about, but I am.

A bit like the mob outside Boris' house today. :eek:

How long does the evening last? Going straight from work.

That said you have to wonder if the players are asking for the same amount when going to the likes of Northampton? If so, how can they afford it if we can't?

Maybe this explains it:

'The borough council loaned £10.25m to Northampton Town Football Club to redevelop the stadium and nearby land, but the funds have seemingly vanished, leaving an unfinished stand and the football club almost going under.'

Maybe this explains it:

'The borough council loaned £10.25m to Northampton Town Football Club to redevelop the stadium and nearby land, but the funds have seemingly vanished, leaving an unfinished stand and the football club almost going under.'

Another inept council, why on earth would you even consider lending tax payer money to a football club!

I asked CW the question about Adams at the forum. As we are hearing attitude is a biggy with the management pair. As it should be, hence the question.

In addition to above comments he also said in his chat with Che he quoted Vardy as an example to him. I believe he rates him highly and the right application will see his inclusion. Opposite and he's a gonner, like others.

Time and again they talked about wanting all staff to want to be a part of United for the right reasons to help us achieve and finally I feel we have a duo that MEAN it rather than just say it !

Maybe this explains it:

The loan to the previous chairman made four years ago and the subject of a fraud investigation is the reason why Northampton's new chairman is investing in the club?

Will he still be with us or are we playing Sharp, Adams and Done all together up front, I don't think so, maybe Adams deeper or maybe one of them will leave.
Done and Sharp upfront, with Adams on the wing. The new target man and McNulty to come off the bench as impact players.
Well that is what I would do.

Done and Sharp upfront, with Adams on the wing. The new target man and McNulty to come off the bench as impact players.

Maybe we need a big lad to go up front in the last 15 minutes for Plan B; having said that, why not play a central defender up there if need be?

Still think we need raw pace over height ( all over the pitch).

Looking at how Northampton ended up last season I think we're probably looking at sharp up top with 3 Behind of Adams Done and Duffy and could easily be changed to 442 if required

Looking at how Northampton ended up last season I think we're probably looking at sharp up top with 3 Behind of Adams Done and Duffy and could easily be changed to 442 if required

4-2-3-1 would suit Done and Adams to a tee. Sharp will be fine in that formation.

Duffy is essentially a winger is he not? Looks a worker though and will adapt.

In the three an interchageing Done, Adams and Duffy, looks great. Wish Baxter had behaved himself, he'd have a field day in that formation. Scougall can play there, in fact maybe better than Adams IMO.

As for McNulty, I'll never forget what Fulwood once said " he can be anything he wants to be". At the time I thought, I know what you mean, BUT, what about general play/ team play. McNults is the calmest goalscorer ,given the final opportunity of putting it in the net, I have seen since Edwards. That instinct/ natural gift is exceptional and should be built upon.

Could play as the front 1 if Sharp is out injured.

Last edited:
4-2-3-1 would suit Done and Adams to a tee. Sharp will be fine in that formation.

In the three an interchageing Done, Adams and Duffy, looks great. Wish Baxter had behaved himself, he'd have a field day in that formation. Scougall can play there, in fact maybe better than Adams IMO.

As for McNulty, I'll never forget what Fulwood once said " he can be anything he wants to be". At the time I thought, I know what you mean, BUT, what about general play/ team play. McNults is the calmest goalscorer ,given the final opportunity of putting it in the net, I have seen since Edwards. That instinct/ natural gift is exceptional and should be built upon.

We need a tall mobile striker to lead the line, hold up the ball, bring others into play. It's a must. Luckily Tufty is well aware so most of the above suggestions will be redundant. Personally I have question marks, of varying sizes, over Adams, Done and McNulty. All are anonymous far too often.

We need a tall mobile striker to lead the line, hold up the ball, bring others into play. It's a must. Luckily Tufty is well aware so most of the above suggestions will be redundant. Personally I have question marks, of varying sizes, over Adams, Done and McNulty. All are anonymous far too often.

I understand completely but there are different ways of playing the game and a "tall striker to lead the line" is just one way. Having said that, Wilder has said various things about this and that and he has made Sharp captain. He did try to sign Revell though.

Personally I have question marks, of varying sizes, over Adams, Done and McNulty. All are anonymous far too often.

This.

Done has to prove he wasn't a one season wonder, McNulty is drinking in the last chance saloon (and other places if rumours are to be belived) Adams is a strange one for me, he is combination of skill and clumsiness .

If anything happens to Sharp fitness wise we have serious problems.

Could play as the front 1 if Sharp is out injured.
Agree on McNulty, I've always rated him. Thought Clough woefully mismanaged him playing him isolated in front of a midfield giving him no service due to a lack of creativity and ability. And even with those hindrances he managed a good, solid goalscoring (top goalscorer) record for a player of his age. I'll just put this on record, if he's given the chance, he'll be top scorer next season (exact amount dependent on the level of quality the side Wilder brings in is), but I think it's clear that Wilder isn't going to give him it.

Back
Top Bottom