Fallowfields team to Humidify the Hornets

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

decent line up but mcatee for Berge
Wes
Bogle Anel Egan Clark Lowe
McAtee Norwood Doyle
Ndiaye Oli Mac

the only one id feel sorry for dropping would be Robbo...
Wouldn't drop him. Done nothing to be dropped for and his throw is a very useful attacking threat.

Wes
Anel Egan Clark
Bogle Norwood Doyle Robinson
Berge Ndiaye
McBurnie

So

Why wasn’t Micky adams then ? And many more managers who manager there boyhood club

I don’t think CW gets enough credit on here and in general

What CW did with us is arguably one of the best achievements by a manager in the past 20 years 🤷‍♂️
Because Micky Adams was shit, and we were already well on our way to relegation.

I am talking about the very specific circumstances surrounding Wilder and his tenure, which is clearly not me making a blanket argument to say all boyhood fans would do well if they were managing their club!

Wilder was an excellent manager for us, but that is in the past, and it didn't exactly end well. No point looking back to recreate past glories as it seldom works out that way. Especially as Hecky is doing excellently to date and deserves our full support.

At risk of giving you the ill-deserved attention you crave, you're clearly batshit.

Fantastic manager in Corberan? That'll be WBA who were beat midweek by our opponents then? Yeah, he's graet!

Come out fighting like Sir Chris? What, like we did two years ago now, rooted to the foot of the Premier League with practically the same fucking team?

Wilder or Fat Sam? Fuck me, you're funny. We're still in the autos and you want our manager replaced by two serial failures. UEFA A stuff that.

Finally, Jack will never play again, save for a cameo at the end of the season and a testimonial

Every step you take, you're battered. It's like pulling the legs of a spider.

pommpey
Don't bite P

Because Micky Adams was shit, and we were already well on our way to relegation.

I am talking about the very specific circumstances surrounding Wilder and his tenure, which is clearly not me making a blanket argument to say all boyhood fans would do well if they were managing their club!

Wilder was an excellent manager for us, but that is in the past, and it didn't exactly end well. No point looking back to recreate past glories as it seldom works out that way. Especially as Hecky is doing excellently to date and deserves our full support.

And what where those specific circumstances that wilder started with

I don’t see many positive ones

Hecky came in with a much better current situation at the time

Wouldn't drop him. Done nothing to be dropped for and his throw is a very useful attacking threat.

We’ve conceded 6 goals in 2 games he is a weak link

And I would rather not have the long throw as it’s becoming the only attacking threat we have

We’ve conceded 6 goals in 2 games he is a weak link

And I would rather not have the long throw as it’s becoming the only attacking threat we have
Egan needs sacking off after his show at Millwall then.
His throw is purely a useful addition to not a replacement for attacking in open play. Not much likelihood of it creating a chance then is it?

Egan needs sacking off after his show at Millwall then.
His throw is purely a useful addition to not a replacement for attacking in open play. Not much likelihood of it creating a chance then is it?
Egan's form over the last two games is slightly concerning. He's always been a bit casual but against Middlebrough he's at least partially at fault for all three goals conceded while the less said about the Millwall game the better.

vs Middlesbrough
Akpom (1-1) Egan gets sent for a pizza by Akpom's clever first touch and cant recover to prevent the equaliser
Archer (1-2) Egan loses a 80/20 block tackle in the middle of the park (1). He's then caught well out of position as our defensive line falls apart (2). Granted, Ahmedhodzic should have stopped the pass reaching Archer but Egan has to take a fair proportion of the blame
Archer (1-3) we get caught on the break, somehow Boro get their attacking four behind our midfield and up against our back three. Egan steps towards Hackney but doesn't engage (3), Robinson steps back (communication?) playing Archer onside for a simple finish.

1677251139501.png

1677251224924.png

1677251440439.png

Egan's form over the last two games is slightly concerning. He's always been a bit casual but against Middlebrough he's at least partially at fault for all three goals conceded while the less said about the Millwall game the better.

vs Middlesbrough
Akpom (1-1) Egan gets sent for a pizza by Akpom's clever first touch and cant recover to prevent the equaliser
Archer (1-2) Egan loses a 80/20 block tackle in the middle of the park (1). He's then caught well out of position as our defensive line falls apart (2). Granted, Ahmedhodzic should have stopped the pass reaching Archer but Egan has to take a fair proportion of the blame
Archer (1-3) we get caught on the break, somehow Boro get their attacking four behind our midfield and up against our back three. Egan steps towards Hackney but doesn't engage (3), Robinson steps back (communication?) playing Archer onside for a simple finish.

View attachment 154606

View attachment 154607

View attachment 154608

I wasn't serious about dropping Egan, just making the point to Fallow that advocating dropping Robinson has zero reason and Egan, in fact has been flaky and cost us over the last 2 games but no. Let's pick out JLT.

I wasn't serious about dropping Egan, just making the point to Fallow that advocating dropping Robinson has zero reason and Egan, in fact has been flaky and cost us over the last 2 games but no. Let's pick out JLT.

The reason for dropping Robinson is Ciaran Clark who is a far better defender which is why he has played 3/400 games in the Prem and still around his peak at 33

Egan has undoubtedly been the weak link at the back in the last couple of games.
We have no natural back-up for that position, but how do we think Clark would do there?
Quality, experience, reads the game well.

The reason for dropping Robinson is Ciaran Clark who is a far better defender which is why he has played 3/400 games in the Prem and still around his peak at 33
Best effort ever to completely ignore the point and world class use of deflection. That UEFA Class A license is worth it's weight in bobbar.

Come out fighting like Sir Chris? What, like we did two years ago now, rooted to the foot of the Premier League with practically the same fucking team?
R’Chrissy would be a wonderful living example to illustrate to primary school kids the difference between ‘fight or flight’

For the record fallow, I don’t think anyone forgets CWs input into the club, amazing couple of years undoubtedly

But - before getting caught for his murderous ways, Dr Harold Shipman was a good doctor, however knowing the full script now I doubt you’d let him have the keys to ya nans would you?

R’Chrissy would be a wonderful living example to illustrate to primary school kids the difference between ‘fight or flight’

For the record fallow, I don’t think anyone forgets CWs input into the club, amazing couple of years undoubtedly

But - before getting caught for his murderous ways, Dr Harold Shipman was a good doctor, however knowing the full script now I doubt you’d let him have the keys to ya nans would you?
Interesting choice of simile. Possibly a tad harsh on Wilder. Agree with your point re the incredible ride he took us on. Never be forgotten.

You make a great comparison Steve 😂

For the record almost every single manager fails in every job they have

Mourinho failed and sacked it’s happening to klopp right not it will happen to cooper at Forest

Does it make them a bad manager no it’s just how it works

The fact you can’t see that makes me think you were in the same class as jack Robinson at school

The bottom set 👍 Probably sat next to Portsmouth

Not saying Wilder didn't bring talent, ideas etc but the fact it was this club no doubt gave him more hunger, and at that point in his career was not burdened by failure. We were the biggest club in League One by a mile, overdue promotion back, and as fans were desperate for something buy into. Which we did. Wilder was great, yeah, but it was a perfect storm, and wont be recreated. We need to support Hecky now in the same way we got behind Wilder.

For the record almost every single manager fails in every job they have

Mourinho failed and sacked it’s happening to klopp right not it will happen to cooper at Forest

Does it make them a bad manager no it’s just how it works

The fact you can’t see that makes me think you were in the same class as jack Robinson at school

The bottom set 👍 Probably sat next to Portsmouth

thank you, I’m humbled to be compared to the best defender at the club and this forums poster boy - FACT👍

Interesting choice of simile. Possibly a tad harsh on Wilder. Agree with your point re the incredible ride he took us on. Never be forgotten.
Sorry, for the record I’m not saying Wilder is as bad as Shipman

chris got it wrong towards the end, but it was good intentioned at the time
harold was only trying to help the pension fund crisis, but it got a tad out of hand….

it’s more the simile between how we see someone now against then

apologies to the Wilders & Shipman’s if been likened to the other has offended

Sorry, for the record I’m not saying Wilder is as bad as Shipman

chris got it wrong towards the end, but it was good intentioned at the time
harold was only trying to help the pension fund crisis, but it got a tad out of hand….

it’s more the simile between how we see someone now against then

apologies to the Wilders & Shipman’s if been likened to the other has offended
Didn't offend IMHO thought it very funny. Everything conspired against Wilder,( JOC ,reason we went down, Covid, Goal line technology) including, sadly ultimately himself. Always grateful to him for so much.

Huge huge huge game at BDTBL on Saturday as they say this is the business end of the season.
If we lose I think the wheels will really start to come off or as Gareth Southgatebottom says playing well just look at the stats

However we could very easily be 7 points with a game in hand as Boro are @ the hawthorns who have a fantastic manager in corberan

Having just watched our Paul’s pre match interview it doesn’t fill me with much confidence he can turn the ship , when your backs against the wall you want a manager who will come out fighting like sir Chris did , some of his excuses for Millwall are he says that playing before middlesborough and having to travel on a coach may have been reasons for the 1st half against Millwall 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

I have had my reservations regarding Gareth but I thought he would get us up and we would limp over the line but maybe he can’t get us up

I think if we lose Saturday a change may be needed we sacked Slav out of nowhere so why not Paul My suggestions would be Wilder or Big Sam 👍👍

Anyway onto the line up , my only advice to Paul is please please do not play Jacky monkey nuts for brains the bloke has fooled this fan base because he does tackles and throws the ball far if JOC is back fit I would have him on the bench ahead of R2D2

Also please please play berge further forward

👇FALLOWFIELDS OFFICIAL LINE UP👇

—-FLUMP HANDS WES——

—BOGLE—ANEL—EGAN—CLARK—LOWE

——DOYLE——OLI NO TACKLES—

—-SANDER SCAPEGOAT—-NDIAYE

————MCSAUCE—————
Oli No Tackles??? His tackles per 90 mins is the 9th highest in the entire league yer mad bastard

As did Slav, though most who quote FACTS will see that he failed miserably.

Give you 3, but the last season is forgettable, however as we’re talking about obvs not😂

1 season in division 1, 2 seasons in the championship and finishing 9th in the PL in his
4th year.

4 great years, one disappointing. - FACTS

On 12 May 2016, Wilder joined his boyhood club Sheffield United as their new manager on a three-year contract, following the parting of company with Nigel Adkins.[21][22] In the pre-season, despite little financial backing, he was able to bring some new players in, many of which were free transfers. He then made Sheffield born Billy Sharp club captain. However, Wilder's League One managerial debut got off to a poor start, only gaining a single point from the first four games, which left Sheffield United at the bottom of League One.[23] Despite this, the club pushed on and went on to become League One Champions, securing 100 points in the process, a club record.[24]

His second season was full of highs and few lows. His managerial Championship debut against Brentford ended in a 1–0 win for Sheffield United.[25] Then in September 2017, United beat city rivals Sheffield Wednesday 4–2 at Hillsborough,[26] a record for goals scored by United against Wednesday at Hillsborough. By the end of October, after beating local rivals Leeds United 2–1 at Elland Road, Sheffield United were top of the Championship.[27]

On 28 April 2019, it was confirmed that Wilder had led the Blades to the Premier League following nearest rival Leeds' 1–1 draw at home.[28] This ensured his second promotion in just three years at the club. This achievement earned him the LMA Manager of the Year award.[29]

In July 2019, Wilder signed a new three-year contract with the club.[30] On 10 January 2020, Wilder signed a four-year contract extension with the club.[31] Sheffield United went on to finish ninth in their first season back in the top flight, their best since 1991–92.

On 13 March 2021, Wilder left the club by mutual consent, with the club bottom of the Premier League, with 14 points from 28 games.[32]

Back
Top Bottom