Ex Players - Where are they now?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Who are the Spartans?
He’s a funny one, did really well at Cov. Then Reading probably gave him a contract that made him stop trying and (maybe) spent it all on booze and lollipops.

I remember seeing a bunch of young Scottish lads in spar near high storrs school who were all absolutely hanging on a Sunday lunchtime. They were either his mates or Scougalls. They were quite sweet in a way.

As a result of the Scottish league bringing in relegation from the bottom tier a few years ago, there are now 4 league teams in Edinburgh. Edinburgh City and Spartans have joined Hibs and Hearts. Edinburgh are propping up the third tier, and are in a financial mess, and Spartans are in the promotion race in the 4th tier.

Who are the Spartans?
He’s a funny one, did really well at Cov. Then Reading probably gave him a contract that made him stop trying and (maybe) spent it all on booze and lollipops.

I remember seeing a bunch of young Scottish lads in spar near high storrs school who were all absolutely hanging on a Sunday lunchtime. They were either his mates or Scougalls. They were quite sweet in a way.
Aye
There was frequently an ‘entourage’ of (possibly) drunken Scots that regularly attended away games during his time at the club - often a dozen or more including MMc’s da’ - (endeavoured to) engage in conversation (sic) at Fleetwood (or Morecambe ?) with incomprehensible results - not necessarily due to ‘language barriers’ & more likely quantities of beverage of an intoxicating nature consumed (by all parties)
After that we resorted to more pragmatic greeting - nod of the head & “oreyt” “alreeet”

As a result of the Scottish league bringing in relegation from the bottom tier a few years ago, there are now 4 league teams in Edinburgh. Edinburgh City and Spartans have joined Hibs and Hearts. Edinburgh are propping up the third tier, and are in a financial mess, and Spartans are in the promotion race in the 4th tier.
Aye
Play at what is in essence a leisure centre / sports complex ((plastic pitch). Like a lot of the lower league clubs in Caledonia well organised set up & very hospitable although not one of the best to visit due to a dearth of alehouses in the immediate vicinity.
Apparently formed by / through Embra University graduates
Very credible performance in this seasons SFA Cup - last minute (1-2) defeat to Hearts

Aye
Play at what is in essence a leisure centre / sports complex ((plastic pitch). Like a lot of the lower league clubs in Caledonia well organised set up & very hospitable although not one of the best to visit due to a dearth of alehouses in the immediate vicinity.
Apparently formed by / through Embra University graduates
Very credible performance in this seasons SFA Cup - last minute (1-2) defeat to Hearts

When I was in Edinburgh in 2019 they and Hibs were both at home on the same night in the league cup: I wanted to go to Spartans - new ground and all that - but Revo Jr insisted on Hibs so I made my second visit to Easter Road instead.

When I was in Edinburgh in 2019 they and Hibs were both at home on the same night in the league cup: I wanted to go to Spartans - new ground and all that - but Revo Jr insisted on Hibs so I made my second visit to Easter Road instead.
Kids eh
Who’d ave em ?
Going to ‘Fester Road’ is shite enough at the best of times, but twice !
Albeit I’ve enjoyed numerous visits (victories) there with the mighty Jam Tarts !

Back
Top Bottom