Ex Players - Where are they now?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

mattbianco1

Forum Royalty
Reaction score
Just randomly started thinking about ex-players and whether or not they're still playing. Obviously we've got Walker, Maguire, Ramsdale and Calvert-Lewin doing it in the PL, but what about other more obscure players?

Out of nothing more than curiosity. I found this lot out (2010 players onwards)...

Elliot Whitehouse - Spennymoor Town in National League North
Michael Doyle - appears to have retired at 40 after losing in the National League Play Offs last season with Notts County
Jamie Ward - left Buxton at the end of last season after winning the league. Now at Ilkeston in the Northern Premier League Premier Division
Joe Mattock - Harrogate Town in L2 following spells at Portsmouth, Brighton, Pigs and Rotherham
Matt Lowton - Recently loaned to Huddersfield from Burnley
Ryan Flynn - still playing in the Scottish Premier League (that speaks volumes for that league) for St. Mirren
Ched Evans - Preston. Doing OK too
Mark Howard - Wrexham. Will be seeing him again next week
Callum McFadzean - as above
Chris Porter - Oldham in National League
George Long - still, somehow, making a living in the Championship with Millwall
Michael O'Halloran - Scottish Premier League with St. Johnstone - god that league is shit
Jamie Murphy (33) - alongside O'Halloran at St. Johnstone
Joe Ironside - Cambridge in League One. Famously scored the winner at Newcastle in last seasons FA Cup.
Diego de Girolamo - National League North with Buxton. Massive statement made by Buxton to prise him away from Juventus
John Brayford - Burton Albion in League One - Club Captain
Jose Baxter - Last seen running from coppers in Concert Square, Liverpool
Stephen McGinn - the better looking brother. He got the looks, John got the talent. Still playing in Scottish Division 2 for Falkirk
Conor Coady - Trying to avoid embarrassment with Everton
Stefan Scougall - Scottish League One with Alloa. Still only 30
Kieron Freeman - Portsmouth in L1. Only featured in cup games this season
Otis Khan - Grimsby League 2
Louis Reed - Mansfield with Nigel Clough and a host of other ex-blades - Stephen Quinn, Kieran Wallace & John-Joe O'Toole
Connor Dimaio - I made the statement after his debut that he'd play for England. He was that good. He's ended up falling into Non-League with Chesterfield and now playing for Curzon Athletic in National League North... oh and he's Irish!
Marc McNulty - Was at Dundee United last season. Can't find any info. on him. Still only 30
Matt Done - retired last season. Last played for Rochdale
Paul Coutts - Still playing. Bristol Rovers in League 2
Che Adams - Last season pinging in a 30 yarder for Southampton in the League Cup semi earlier this week
Ben Whiteman - Preston.
CJ Hamilton - Left United in 2016 for Mansfield Town. Spent 4 years there before joining League 1 Blackpool. Still at Blackpool now. Scored in their win over Preston in October
Connor Sammon - Shudder at the thought he's still playing... but he is! Alloa Athletic - 13 goals so far this season
Simon Moore - Coventry. Still their backup GK. Played 4 games this season
Chris Hussey - Now at Stockport County along with Phil Bardsley!
Ethan Ebanks-Landell - Rochdale LEague 2
James Wilson (CB) - Regular starter for League One Plymouth Argyle. Hopefully he'll get a CHampionship medal come May
James Wilson (ST) - League One with Port Vale
Danny Lafferty - Back in Ireland with Derry City
Jay O'Shea - Randomly turned down our end-of-season contract offer after promotion. Now at Brisbane Roar in the A-League
Harry Chapman - King of backflips! Regular for Bradford in L2
Samir Carruthers - What a Waster by Libertines would be the Theme Tune to his movie. 29 years old playing for Dartford in the National League South
Caolan Lavery - Just signed for Doncaster from Scunthorpe
Leon Clarke - STILL GOING!! Just joined Arbroath on trial... his 20th different club
Jamal Blackman - Exeter in L1
Richard Stearman - Still at Derby County
Ben Heneghan - Joined the darkside. They think he's great :confused:
Ryan Leonard - more famous for his rumour mill thread than his performances for us. Still at Millwall
Lee Evans - Ipswich - Hope he gets a runners-up medal
Ricky Holmes - Farnborough in National League North
David Brooks - Coming back from a lengthy lay off to cancer. Hope he can get fully fit and taking piss out of defenders again!
Kean Bryan - Better in the bedroom than on the football field it seems. Still at WBA although has only feature 3 times
Martin Cranie - looks like he's retired ?!
Kieran Dowell - Norwich, scored last week
Marvin Johnson - see Ben Heneghan
Ben Woodburn - featuring regularly for Preston
Gary Madine - Blackpool - gerrim signed 🤣
Didzy - Derby County. In his career he's scored 2x hattricks. Both have come this year. What a player, a joy to watch.
John Lundstram - billy big bollocks north of the border
Conor Washington - Rotherham. I'm unsure what surprises me more, that he can still play at Championship level, or that he's scored 5 goals this season!
Scott Hogan - Birmingham. 9 goals this season
Nathan Thomas - All i remember about him is that he was lightning quick. Playing for York now in National League
Regan Slater & Tyler Smith - Hull City
Dean Henderson - i don't really want to think about it
Michael Verrips - buggered off back to Holland. MASSIVE fingers
Phil Jagielka - 40! still at Stoke. Last seen shitting himself when Bogle ran at him
Jack Rodwell - sent packing to Australia
Panos Retsos - Olympiacos, on loan from Verona. I would've liked to have signed him. LCB with Anel on right could be tasty
Mo "still do a job for us" Besic - Ferencvaros. Shame McCabe isn't still in charge, could do a deal with the sister club
Lys Mousset - Loaned to Nimes in French League 2 last week
Richairo Zivkovic - Ended up at Red Star Belgrade after returning to China. Now playing in Holland again with Emmen
Callum Robinson - Cardiff
Ravel Morrison - DC United. As far as I can see, he's still there
Ethan Ampadu - Spezia in Serie A
Oli Burke - just loaned back to Millwall
Filip Uremovic - Hertha Berlin
Kacper Lopata - Southend
Conor Hourihane - Derby
Gibbs-White - see Henderson
Adlene Guediora - Playing in Qatar

Just randomly started thinking about ex-players and whether or not they're still playing. Obviously we've got Walker, Maguire, Ramsdale and Calvert-Lewin doing it in the PL, but what about other more obscure players?

Out of nothing more than curiosity. I found this lot out (2010 players onwards)...

Michael Doyle - appears to have retired at 40 after losing in the National League Play Offs last season with Notts County
Jamie Ward - left Buxton at the end of last season after winning the league. Now at Ilkeston in the Northern Premier League Premier Division
Joe Mattock - Harrogate Town in L2 following spells at Portsmouth, Brighton, Pigs and Rotherham
Ryan Flynn - still playing in the Scottish Premier League (that speaks volumes for that league) for St. Mirren
Michael O'Halloran - Scottish Premier League with St. Johnstone - god that league is shit
Joe Ironside - Cambridge in League One. Famously scored the winner at Newcastle in last seasons FA Cup.
Diego de Girolamo - National League North with Buxton. Massive statement made by Buxton to prise him away from Juventus
Stephen McGinn - the better looking brother. He got the looks, John got the talent. Still playing in Scottish Division 2 for Falkirk
Louis Reed - Mansfield with Nigel Clough and a host of other ex-blades - Stephen Quinn, Kieran Wallace & John-Joe O'Toole
Connor Dimaio - I made the statement after his debut that he'd play for England. He was that good. He's ended up falling into Non-League with Chesterfield and now playing for Curzon Athletic in National League North... oh and he's Irish!
Marc McNulty - Was at Dundee United last season. Can't find any info. on him. Still only 30
Che Adams - Last season pinging in a 30 yarder for Southampton in the League Cup semi earlier this week
Ben Whiteman - Preston.
CJ Hamilton - Left United in 2016 for Mansfield Town. Spent 4 years there before joining League 1 Blackpool. Still at Blackpool now. Scored in their win over Preston in October
Connor Sammon - Shudder at the thought he's still playing... but he is! Alloa Athletic - 13 goals so far this season
James Wilson (CB) - Regular starter for League One Plymouth Argyle. Hopefully he'll get a CHampionship medal come May
Jay O'Shea - Randomly turned down our end-of-season contract offer after promotion. Now at Brisbane Roar in the A-League
Samir Carruthers - What a Waster by Libertines would be the Theme Tune to his movie. 29 years old playing for Dartford in the National League South
Leon Clarke - STILL GOING!! Just joined Arbroath on trial... his 20th different club
Ryan Leonard - more famous for his rumour mill thread than his performances for us. Still at Millwall
David Brooks - Coming back from a lengthy lay off to cancer. Hope he can get fully fit and taking piss out of defenders again!
Kean Bryan - Better in the bedroom than on the football field it seems. Still at WBA although has only feature 3 times
Didzy - Derby County. In his career he's scored 2x hattricks. Both have come this year. What a player, a joy to watch.
Conor Washington - Rotherham. I'm unsure what surprises me more, that he can still play at Championship level, or that he's scored 5 goals this season!
Nathan Thomas - All i remember about him is that he was lightning quick. Playing for York now in National League
Phil Jagielka - 40! still at Stoke. Last seen shitting himself when Bogle ran at him
Panos Retsos - Olympiacos, on loan from Verona. I would've liked to have signed him. LCB with Anel on right could be tasty
Mo "still do a job for us" Besic - Ferencvaros. Shame McCabe isn't still in charge, could do a deal with the sister club
Richairo Zivkovic - Ended up at Red Star Belgrade after returning to China. Now playing in Holland again with Emmen
Kacper Lopata - Southend
Conor Hourihane - Derby
A Kevin McDonald just signed for Exeter City. I assume it’s the same one that graced our turf.

Ben Whiteman - Preston.
Kacper Lopata - Southend
Conor Hourihane - Derby
Great stuff, Brought back some memories did that.
Some good, more bad!!

Ben Whiteman - Preston.
Kacper Lopata - Southend
Conor Hourihane - Derby
Brilliant work. God Scottish football!!

Also poor Port Vale with Wilson, good grief what a fake.

I really hope he now appears in a skills video online somewhere with ‘All The Whores of Malta’ as the soundtrack.

Few more...
James Hanson - currently at Worksop after spells with Wimbledon, Grimsby, Farsley Celtic and Boston
Harrison MacGahey - playing for Oldham after spells at Rochdale and Scunthorpe
Eric Tonne - went home to Norway and has played for a number of clubs there. Now at Ranheim in the Norwegian 2nd tier.
Jake Wright (senior) - undefeated run legend! Was released by Boston Utd at end of last season after spells with Bolton (on loan from us), Hereford and Mansfield.
Cameron Carter-Vickers - after numerous loan spells, including us, finally moved permanently from Spurs to Celtic and played for the USA in the recent World Cup in Qatar.
Harry Chapman - decent loan with us which included a winner v Bristol Rovers and a hat-trick in the FA Cup v Leyton Orient. Was subsequently loaned to Blackburn and the move became permanent. However had loan spells whilst at Blackburn with Shrewsbury and Burton, and now has permanently moved to Bradford.

Let’s just any future players or agents don’t read this seems jointing us gives fair certainty that you’re career will take a nose dive once you leave

Michael Doyle was assistant head coach at L1 Forest Green Rovers until change in management team couple weeks back.

Last edited:
Colin Kazim Richards - playing in Turkey for Fatih Karagumruk

Eric Tonne - went home to Norway and has played for a number of clubs there. Now at Ranheim in the Norwegian 2nd tier.

His compatriot Kristoffer Løkberg who was here at the same time but never played, plays for Viking in the Norwegian top flight, and won the cup a couple of years ago.

Back
Top Bottom