Eoin Doyle

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Although i have just seen we have signed Ben Pringle supposedly, cant see that this is true though.

SSN reporting Cardiff now entered the race. No formal offer from any team at the moment. Just interest.

Hasn't Tubbs just joined Portsmouth (We didn't burn him) haha.

Those of certain age, when hearing "Tubbs" would not think that, but recall this cool chuffer

Phillip-Micheal-Thomas-Miami-Vice-Ricardo-Tubbs-11.jpg

It'll be our 1.5mill that gets him if they sign him.

Why did we sign Brayford before Doyle :D

Because we did? Now, apply a little reality to such pointless observations. Who's to say what will happen or when?

This is getting a little silly, and it makes such posts appear as if they're one step from hysteria.

We sign Brayford for 1.5mill (as reported)

Cardiff pip us with a 1-1.5million bid for Doyle

Its been pretty clear we've needed a forward since the seasons start, so if it was a case of Brayford or Striker i'd personally have preferred us to get a striker before any other position, not feed a club with money to sign our targets.

Again Cardiff have been rumoured to be in for him for a week now. Some of these news sources need to catch up.

Its been pretty clear we've needed a forward since the seasons start, so if it was a case of Brayford or Striker i'd personally have preferred us to get a striker before any other position, not feed a club with money to sign our targets.

You are making the rather large assumption that the reported fee we paid for Brayford is paid so in one lump sum and the full amount isnt subject to certain parameters being met.

Either way, if Cardiff wanted to shell out 1-2m on any player they could have done regardless of our signing of JB from them.

That supposes so much....who suggested it was either or? I can't imagine any Blade wouldn't have recognised the need for a striker who can score. What if we hadn't bought Brayford then lost our pursuit of Doyle? The club would be accused of having no ambition. All ifs, ands, and buts..... sounds like supporter Cluedo to me.

You are making the rather large assumption that the reported fee we paid for Brayford is paid so in one lump sum and the full amount isnt subject to certain parameters being met.

Either way, if Cardiff wanted to shell out 1-2m on any player they could have done regardless of our signing of JB from them.

Not sure the bit about Cardiff is true, they're wanting to cut there wage budget (let quite a few go in the past 2 weeks) that doesn't sound like a team that can spend a few million, remember we were in a similar position not too long ago.

That supposes so much....who suggested it was either or? I can't imagine any Blade wouldn't have recognised the need for a striker who can score. What if we hadn't bought Brayford then lost our pursuit of Doyle? The club would be accused of having no ambition. All ifs, ands, and buts..... sounds like supporter Cluedo to me.

I agree, the club is in a lose lose situation, such is football though. I'll be dissapointed if we come away today without signing a striker, i don't feel we'll get promoted with just Higdon and McNulty.

We're possibly a decent striker away from finishing in automatic places.

Lane_Legend says we bid £500k this morning, Preston bid £600k both rejected. Holding out for around a million.

Skysports sources say chesterfield haven't yet received a bid at all.

It was Higdon, in the club shop, with the truckle of cheddar!

Lane_Legend says we bid £500k this morning, Preston bid £600k both rejected. Holding out for around a million.
Bit off topic, and it might be general knowledge by now, but who's lane legend?
I know his opinion and information is highly regarded but do we know who he is?

Well, if he's gone to Cardiff that's all there is to it. (Hope we've got a 'fall back plan', though. I don't want to hear 'We'll stick with what we've got.') I'd have thought he'd have preferred to stay local but no doubt Tan can keep conjuring the money up from somewhere.

I think it may well be a bad move for Doyle. Prolific (including penalties) in the lower divisions over less than two season does not necessarily translate to the Championship.

Back
Top Bottom