email from club - NO MORE TICKETS ON SALE IN KOP - standing & wrong seat usage

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Playing devil's advocate, how would that stop 2/3 fans standing in the allocated area of one of their mates ? How would stop the gangways being blocked ?
Safe standing or seats, you are allocated a place ( i.e. a row and a number)
Safe standing would displace those intent on sitting is areas where people tend to stand at other clubs, leaving room for those who want to stand. Then there’d be no need for them to move / congregate in gangways.

Safe standing would displace those intent on sitting is areas where people tend to stand at other clubs, leaving room for those who want to stand. Then there’d be no need for them to move / congregate in gangways.
In theory i agree however are those being displaced going to move to a different area of the Kop with(in their opinion) a significant poorer view ?

For those who want to stand they have their own designated rail to stand at or lean against so no need to stand in the gangways?
They have their own designated seat at the moment and still stand in gangways.

I don't know what the ideal solution is apart from building a new stand and starting again with wider gangways, more exit points and safe standing (which we obviously can't afford to do)

In theory i agree however are those being displaced going to move to a different area of the Kop with(in their opinion) a significant poorer view ?
good point, but I don’t think they are necessarily in these seats for the view - more out of habit.

Not if people still wont go and stand in their allocated standing area..
The idea is that safe standing is extended across the full length of the kop on the top ten rows (approx). In this way there will be plenty of space for everyone who wants to stand, so presumably overcrowding in standing areas becomes less of an issue. Most standing places will be sold to st holders but some will remain on general sale.

I admit it won't solve the alleged problem completely as some fans will always want to watch the game with their mates who are located elsewhere. But it would make things a lot better.

Not if people still wont go and stand in their allocated standing area..

Well that then becomes a different issue for the club to deal with if they continue to do that after every effort has been made to accommodate them.

But I suspect you're right and there's probably no point wasting the money on safe standing in the first place.

the only place where fans sing throughout the game.

Even when people, including neutrals sat on the Kop, complain that the atmosphere is like that in a library ?

The 'standers' are as guilty as most of not singing when things are not going so well on the pitch.

So please don't try to make out that the part timers are some sort of elite club cheerleaders.

When I say 'standers' I mean those, not where the ticket they purchased states.

Many fans are pissed off at being told what to do

You buy a ticket it has a seat number on it - simples.

If you don't like that seat/area, don't buy it - simples.

Imagine at Wembley when 30.000 Blades fans turn up and all decide to go and sit in a different area.

I'm going to sit/stand in the Man City end behind the goal and start a Blades singing section. No one has died at Wembley before, so it must be safe.

Thankfully the club are selling tickets on the kop again. There are a few left for the Wigan home game.

This only happened once all other areas of the ground sold out. Hopefully this goes well and will continue for the rest of the season.

It appears the back few rows of the cop have been blocked out for whatever reason.

Sit in your allocated seats Blades and lets sell out the home fans sections of our ground for the remainder of the season.

Thankfully the club are selling tickets on the kop again. There are a few left for the Wigan home game.

This only happened once all other areas of the ground sold out. Hopefully this goes well and will continue for the rest of the season.

It appears the back few rows of the cop have been blocked out for whatever reason.

Sit in your allocated seats Blades and lets sell out the home fans sections of our ground for the remainder of the season.

I'm sure this was announced late on Tuesday.

Aprox 1500 non season ticket holder seats on the Kop, these tickets have been unable to be sold since November.
The Safety Committee acknowledge United efforts and have rewarded us by agreeing to relax this arrangement,

So on Tuesday, just as the match looked to be a total sell out for home fans.
A further 750 seats were released and made available to sell on the Kop from the the Wigan match to the end of the season.

However that still means that approx 750 tickets, most at the back of gangway A on the Kop still can't be sold.

Last edited:
Only 100 tickets left for the Kop v Wigan. one in that John St corner left.

Wigan have sold just over 1000, so away end won't be even half full.
Based on earlier reports United are only allowed to sell half of the 1500 non season ticket holder seats on the Kop.
So there will still be 750 empty seats on the Kop against Wigan, most at the top of gangway A and against the wall where the view is crap at gangway A.

Attendance should be around 29,500.

Last edited:
Wigan have sold just over 1000, so away end won't be even half full.
Based on earlier reports United are only allowed to sell half of the 1500 non season ticket holder seats on the Kop.
So there will still be 750 empty seats on the Kop against Wigan, most at the top of gangway A and against the wall where the view is crap at gangway A.

Attendance should be around 29,500.
if the top 7 rows are still not being used thats 1400 unsold on the kop think attendance will be just under that 29k

Less than 100 tickets are available on The Kop. one on John Street corner stand.
Wigan fans can buy tickets from the ticket office at Bramall Lane.info from the Wigan Athletic website.
very odd doing that probably because we have sold out later today. however, loophole Blade Fans could sneak in. if no id is asked for.
i am going for 30,500 attendance tommorrow.

If people with 22/23 STs on the top 7 rows were unable to renew their seat for 23/24, I think we'd have heard about it.
top 7 rows on kop must still be closed for rest of this season no way all 1400 seats are season ticket holders 29k tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom