email from club - NO MORE TICKETS ON SALE IN KOP - standing & wrong seat usage

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Agree but it’s discriminatory.

What other clubs are forced to reduce capacities due to persistent standing from home fans.

And if this rule is so important then why is it ignored when away fans continuously stand.

I’ve never heard of any clubs being forced to ban away fans for persistent standing.
Seems nonsensical that they're wanting to "work on the persistent standing aspect" on the kop, when at the opposite end of the same stadium you find thousands of people doing exactly that. How does that make any sense at all?

Will someone clarify the actual issue. Is it persistent standing or blocking gangways and being more people on a row than seats?

Anyone on the back 7 rows of kop renewed yet? Can they confirm yay or nay whether they've been able to? Rumour that box office have told someone the back 7 rows have to move first as they're closed for next season.

Again, just a rumour that needs confirming either way.
Good to see proof that this post was absolute bollocks! Some people need to stop shit stirring just because they're bored/boring.

Anyway, good news, let's hope the coked up twits can keep a lid on it for the rest of the season and keep to the seat they bought.
If they do, it could help towards us getting permission for safe standing in the future.

Good to see proof that this post was absolute bollocks! Some people need to stop shit stirring just because they're bored/boring.

Anyway, good news, let's hope the coked up twits can keep a lid on it for the rest of the season and keep to the seat they bought.
If they do, it could help towards us getting permission for safe standing in the future.
Did I say or I did I not say "a rumour that needs confirming either way"?

Yes or no?

We just need an IQ test as part of the ticket purchasing procedure.
Some truth in that - however, joking aside, the ones who ruin my match day experience are the cardboard cutouts I have to sit around. I’d prefer to share the experience with the brain donors any time, who at least (in general) have some interest in creating a match-day atmosphere.

Seems nonsensical that they're wanting to "work on the persistent standing aspect" on the kop, when at the opposite end of the same stadium you find thousands of people doing exactly that. How does that make any sense at all?

I’d say the majority of away fans at the Lane not only stand in seated areas, but also stand on the gangways causing an obstruction.

I always found it odd that nothing gets done about this.

I’d say the majority of away fans at the Lane not only stand in seated areas, but also stand on the gangways causing an obstruction.

I always found it odd that nothing gets done about this.
Away fans are more "together". Outnumbered and a minority. Traditionally they stick tight and consequently more likely to resist attempts by stewards to get them seated. Don't think plod is interested. we've seen plenty of away fans celebrating a goal pitchside with little repurcussions. Would be all over it if it happened kop end.

Away fans are more "together". Outnumbered and a minority. Traditionally they stick tight and consequently more likely to resist attempts by stewards to get them seated. Don't think plod is interested. we've seen plenty of away fans celebrating a goal pitchside with little repurcussions. Would be all over it if it happened kop end.

The repercussions are often retrospective for tactical reasons, rather than wading straight in and causing a secondary issue... Often CCTV/eyes on the ground will be used and then people grabbed at a more opportune moment on concourse/attempted exit from the stadium for example.

Blades fans stand at away games too. It's just not policed, right or wrong, that's just how it is right now. What's important here, is the behaviour on our kop.

Blades fans stand at away games too. It's just not policed, right or wrong, that's just how it is right now. What's important here is the behaviour on our kop.

Yeah, it was slightly annoying to have to stand for the full 90 at Norwich. On row fucking seven

Blades fans stand at away games too. It's just not policed, right or wrong, that's just how it is right now. What's important here, is the behaviour on our kop.
Quite agree. I wasn't trying to paint our lot as innocents. The away fan mindset amongst a good number is the "Us against the world" and "we'll do what we want".

With the lack of funds for pitch fertilizer, do you think we will start a match day “shit in a bucket” scheme?

Kop bogs are similar anyway. And no need to flush.

All these nobs standing at the back of the kop are costing club dear.
On the South Stand, they've had to turn off our heated seats due to lack of income and lost revenue.

I've been freezing all season
An extra 5 minute wait at the kiosks in Westfield Upper Corner due to all the Kop riff-raff coming over as well.

In order to heed fans wishes, and to provide a special experience for Easter, Catering has been upgraded in The South Stand, John Street and all Bramall Lane Upper, inc Corner.

Main Courses​

Salmon Dressed in Champagne​

(c.1716)
Asparagus, parsley, caviar & seaweed butter

£56.00

Powdered Duck Breast​

(c.1846)
Roast & pickled beetroot, spiced umbles

£58.00

Chicken Cooked With Lettuces​

(c.1670)
Grilled onion emulsion, spiced celeriac & oyster leaves
£56.00

Roast Cod & Green Sauce​

(c.1440)
Braised chicory, parsley, pepper, onion & eucalyptus
£58.00

Buttered Asparagus​

(c.1821)
Pink Fir Potato, peas, lovage & mushroom dressing
£48.00

Hereford Ribeye​

(c.1830)
Mushroom ketchup & triple cooked chips
£62.00

Fillet of Hereford Beef​

(c.1830)
£64.00

Hereford Prime Rib for 2​

(c.1830)
£128.00
(Our cuts of beef are dry aged for a minimum of 21 days and cooked over wood and charcoal embers)

Side Orders​

Carrots & caraway​

£8.00

New potatoes​

£8.00

Buttered cabbage & onions​

£8.00

Mixed leaf salad​

£8.00

Triple cooked chips​

£9.00

You will see there is even a choice for the hand holders.

On offer on the Kop

Chips.

Chip Butty

Chips and Coke

Chips and Meth

Chips and extra leg room

Dress code - all gentlemen are requested to have a shaven head
I'd like to book a table for four please, there will be eight of us at the table, but that's ok isn't it?

I'd like to book a table for four please, there will be eight of us at the table, but that's ok isn't it?

The management reserve the right to refuse service to Kop riff raff. Plus our chef says All Day Breakfast In A Tin isn’t on the menu so you’d be disappointed.

The management reserve the right to refuse service to Kop riff raff. Plus our chef says All Day Breakfast In A Tin isn’t on the menu so you’d be disappointed.
I'm outraged! I'll have you know I'm a South Stand ST holder and have much higher expectations than chips!

Just bring me the meth and be off with you.

Outraged

I'm outraged! I'll have you know I'm a South Stand ST holder and have much higher expectations than chips!

Just bring me the meth and be off with you.

Outraged

Apologies. South Stand Riff Raff are of course welcome. The chips are a side however. We aren’t Man Fridays.

Surely this can all be solved by having a safe standing/rail seating area. Other clubs have done this.

Surely this can all be solved by having a safe standing/rail seating area. Other clubs have done this.
Playing devil's advocate, how would that stop 2/3 fans standing in the allocated area of one of their mates ? How would stop the gangways being blocked ?
Safe standing or seats, you are allocated a place ( i.e. a row and a number)

Playing devil's advocate, how would that stop 2/3 fans standing in the allocated area of one of their mates ? How would stop the gangways being blocked ?
Safe standing or seats, you are allocated a place ( i.e. a row and a number)

For those who want to stand they have their own designated rail to stand at or lean against so no need to stand in the gangways?

Back
Top Bottom