Donny v Blades - Website Highlights

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

You don't need him to be a "luxury player", he's the only player at the club with the genuine ability to carve a defence up with a pass.

Just play a midfield 3 from any of Coutts, Reed, Hammond, Basham etc and play him in behind a front 2 or part of a front 3. His job wouldn't be to tackle, nor to cover every blade of grass.

You don't need him to be a "luxury player", he's the only player at the club with the genuine ability to carve a defence up with a pass.

Just play a midfield 3 from any of Coutts, Reed, Hammond, Basham etc and play him in behind a front 2 or part of a front 3. His job wouldn't be to tackle, nor to cover every blade of grass.

Your second paragraph contradicts your first. My definition of a luxury player is exactly that; one who doesn't tackle.

BTW I think you made a little slip.

His job wouldn't be to tackle, nor to cover ANY blade of grass.

There, fixed that for you.

ISC

If we're both entitled to our opinions you don't need to quote mine saying how patronising it is.

You're the type of United fan who complained James Beattie didn't work hard enough.

You're the type of United fan who complained James Beattie didn't work hard enough.

You couldn't be more wrong.

Beattie was class.

Baxter is a lazy tosser who is wasting his undoubted ability.

It wasn't your opinion I called patronising, it was your snidey little dig:

I really have no hope for some of you.

Is it raining again in Pittsburgh today, as you seem very grumpy?

ISC

If you're unable to see what impact Baxter is able to have when he's in a number 10/Advanced role then I really have no hope for some of you.
Whats this number 10 rubbish ? This is 2016 you cant afford to have a player who contributes one pass in 6 games to justify his employment. I suspect you don't get to many games and see his pathetic contribution to Sheffield United ,he has had so many chances , just think the guy has/is taking the piss out of us and we are so much better with out him. Look at the results before Saturday ,when he has and hasn't played .

You couldn't be more wrong.

Beattie was class.

Baxter is a lazy tosser who is wasting his undoubted ability.

It wasn't your opinion I called patronising, it was your snidey little dig:

Is it raining again in Pittsburgh today, as you seem very grumpy?

ISC
You're the patronising one fella. Put your cock away and debate normally.

If you're unable to see what impact Baxter is able to have when he's in a number 10/Advanced role then I really have no hope for some of you.
Yep, that's where I'd have him. He doesn't do it in a 4 man midfield but he isn't an out and out forward either, despite the unbelievable persistence under Clough.

Istm flat out nonsense that Baxter doesn't care.

His mobility is limited for a professional athlete, and I think that more than anything will limit him, but it's been noticeable all season how much harder he is trying, and how much he cares.

He regularly makes, or attempts to make, long off the ball recovery runs.

One particular highlight was Bradford (A) where his pass to Billy and his header off the line showed *two* sides to his game.

If anything he cares too much and could end up missing three games with another two-footer lunge.

Tried it before Shrewsbury's third or fourth from memory, but the ref was taking pity on us by then.

His mobility is limited for a professional athlete, and I think that more than anything will limit him, but it's been noticeable all season how much harder he is trying, and how much he cares.

One particular highlight was Bradford (A) where his pass to Billy and his header off the line showed *two* sides to his game.

If anything he cares too much and could end up missing three games with another two-footer lunge.

Tried it before Shrewsbury's third or fourth from memory, but the ref was taking pity on us by then.
Just you wait till sitwell gets wind of this.

And then another 6 because he will be near a scrap ,and then the play offs because someone put something in his beer ,then he will have cramp and ask to come off when we go 2-0 down ,yes what a hero , Im glad he cares too much, our poor little limited athlete ,bless.
I particularly enjoy his waving his arms about so the crowd can see Billy Sharp (who really does work and care) didn't make a run so he could wrap his number 10 technically talented foot round it and create a worldy. Have we forgot the 5 or 6 games in a row where we didn't lose or concede a goal when he was otherwise occupied ?

Back
Top Bottom