David Brooks the secret weapon.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The squad needs one or two mardy arses in it. Clough filled the team with a set of nice blokes, who got kicked all over the place without a whimper and Adkins didn't really address the problem either. If McNulty has got the rag on when Sharp's not laid him on for an empty goal, then good on McNulty for being upset about it. Any striker with owt about them would have done the same.

I think we must all have been sharing the same seat!

C13 for me

C5. On the rare occasion I sit at pitch level I do wonder why managers spend the whole game on the touch line where it's virtually impossible to get any perspective on anything happening at the other side of the pitch

Billy Sharp scored, therefore Sheffield United scored. If any other player isn't celebrating that fact then they are putting their own desire for the limelight before the team and shouldn't be part of it.

You don't understand much about how centre forwards work clearly. But then again you have a rabid hatred of the bloke that is clear for all to see.

I'm not sure about that mate, I know I shouldn't use the T word but I'm sure some of Sparky's mates on twitter referred to him as Bully Sharp. It was later claimed to be spelling mistake but I'm not completely sold on that. I can imagine him having his fair share of mates in the changing room though, seems one of the "lads".

I don't use Twitter much but I've seen Sharp and McNulty exchange "matey" tweets before like this one:-

image.png

Plus McNulty can hardly be held responsible for what his pals tweet about. Spelling mistakes or not

Last edited:
C10 mate.
Bet even Scoogall warming up blocked your view

C5. On the rare occasion I sit at pitch level I do wonder why managers spend the whole game on the touch line where it's virtually impossible to get any perspective on anything happening at the other side of the pitch

Seems I was the lucky one with the least obstructed view so I shouldn't complain ;)

You don't understand much about how centre forwards work clearly. But then again you have a rabid hatred of the bloke that is clear for all to see.

I don't give a shit how "centre-forwards work", professionals who have a genuine interest in the teams progress don't act like mardy little brats because their teammate scored and they didn't get the attention.

Billy Sharp scored, that is clear for all to see.

Good report but a crazy statement about Sharpe / McNulty - he should be livid, open goal if he passes! The management have clearly stated they expect the same attitude and commitment in pre season games - if that had been a league game and Billy had not scored at his 2nd attempt he would have rightly been slated.

Utb's

I don't give a shit how "centre-forwards work", professionals who have a genuine interest in the teams progress don't act like mardy little brats because their teammate scored and they didn't get the attention.

Billy Sharp scored, that is clear for all to see.

Billy didn't pass as he thought McNulty would miss . Would Edwards had passed the ball , no chance .

McNulty is making the numbers up , or he will be sold . Billy is a goal scorer , McNulty thinks he is .

Billy didn't pass as he thought McNulty would miss . Would Edwards had passed the ball , no chance .

McNulty is making the numbers up , or he will be sold . Billy is a goal scorer , McNulty thinks he is .

Exactly, spot on.

Incredible that our top scorer is being slated for doing his job by scoring again, just because didn't pass to that peroxide prick.

Don't see what the problem is here. I don't blame Billy for keeping the ball and trying to/scoring, and I don't blame McNulty for being pissed off that Billy didn't pass to him when he was in a better position. They are both forwards and live for scoring goals. I'd be a lot more worried if either of them had reacted differently.

Him and Sharp are mates and he's popular in the dressing room.
I thought mcnulty looked good when he came on, both behind sharp and when he went up front. He wanted a goal, sharp wanted a goal and scored. No-one can really get arse on can they?

Mcnulty could really improve playing around a guy like sharp every week

I thought mcnulty looked good when he came on, both behind sharp and when he went up front. He wanted a goal, sharp wanted a goal and scored. No-one can really get arse on can they?

Mcnulty could really improve playing around a guy like sharp every week

McNulty should take heed if he wants to be a fully fledged member of the Tufty Club. He should stop , look , and listen .

UTB

I personally thought McNulty looked lost when he came on. Other than finishing he really doesn't contribute much at all and it looked like he'd never met Sharp before let alone partnered him up top.

It’s a special perspective from there. It’s where you have to stand to see Dean Hammond’s work.

It’s a special perspective from there. It’s where you have to stand to see Dean Hammond’s work.
I've always assumed that as ex players they're used to seeing the game from that level. Some have someone sat in the stand giving them reports, I think I saw Blackwell doing it for Warnock at Palace and some do occasionally sit in the stands with the directors but supporters seem to resent it.

I don't think I ever saw Edwards pass to anyone.

That guy just lived for scoring. He was one of them players where he could be having a poor game and not seeing the ball, then in the last minute he'd pop up and score a tap in from a goalmouth scramble.

Posted in the wrong thread, Durhhh must be my age ha

Don't see what the problem is here. I don't blame Billy for keeping the ball and trying to/scoring, and I don't blame McNulty for being pissed off that Billy didn't pass to him when he was in a better position. They are both forwards and live for scoring goals. I'd be a lot more worried if either of them had reacted differently.

Would Sharp have passed if it was a competitive match?

Skjermbilde 2016-07-26 18.14.14.png

He's a greedy little bastard to be fair, only in the same way Defoe is.
To be honest I was calling for him to square it so maybe you're right, in a real game he probably would have.

Exactly, spot on.

Incredible that our top scorer is being slated for doing his job by scoring again, just because didn't pass to that peroxide prick.
See what you have to say if it happens in an important game and he doesn't get a second / third chance and we lose!

Back
Top Bottom