Cocky Spurs?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I’m confident that we won’t get battered. We might lose, but this team doesn’t get battered.

I wouldn't say cocky. After the crap we endured under Mourinho and particularly Conte, we are just pleased to have our spirits lifted and have a bit of optimism.

Obviously some of our lot will get carried away, that's natural.

We will be more than happy if we are in the 4th-6th area come the end of the season. Any talk of title challenges is wayyyyyy premature.

Welcome to the forum!

Personally I can’t see a Blades win or point this weekend, but we’ll not get battered. Our defence has been shaky but not shipping goals so far, and we have a couple of defensive minded midfielders sitting in front.

I don’t want us to but we will likely sit back and try to absorb pressure. This won’t work. We need to attack and shit your lot up a bit, but can’t see it.

My prediction 2-1 Spurs.

I understand what people are saying about not defending deep but at the same time their pace on the break can’t be overlooked. I suspect we will sit in, be compact and try to grab one from a break of our own or a setpiece. Don’t think it’ll work myself but that’s what I think we’ll do

They are very confident on their forums!

“Instead I’m going for a record breaking double figures thrashing on Saturday. 10-0 and 10-1 both 200-1. Easy money.
Bet the next 3 months mortgage money and wait for your other half to thank you for that month long 5star holiday.“

”Whatever the side though, I'm going 4 or 5 nil to the Mighty Spurs😁

”been a while since we can start looking forward to our games again.
let's keep the positivity going and put on another display the fans can get behind.

4-0.”

”If you think Sheffield United thought the best way to play Man City was to attack them from the start you may need to watch a bit more football.

They played like a turtle living under a nuclear bunker and should have been spanked.

10-0 Spurs. Bet your house on it. ”

View attachment 171021

”They got absolutely battered. Another day would have been 5. Mixture of great goalkeeping and bad finishing.

Haaland missed a penalty too.

Anything less than 6 goals at the weekend and I’m writing a letter of complaint to customer services.

If we can score 5 at Burnley it’s the least we can expect at the Stadium of the Hotspurs.”

”I think for 3 seasons our players dreaded coming back from international duty.
Got a sneaky feeling its tge other esy round now.
4-0
And give Richhi the most support he has ever heard.”

“Only one this is happening this weekend.

So I hope SUFC are ready and prepared for a fun afternoon.

7yqexj.jpg
Cunts

I thought the Spurs fanbase were supposed to be the Blades of London - as in all pessimistic and haunted by previous events, expecting to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, just waiting for it all to go tits up. There's no way we'd ever predict double figure scorelines and be so confident. They're just more cocky southerners! Let's humble them by only losing by one goal.

I thought the Spurs fanbase were supposed to be the Blades of London - as in all pessimistic and haunted by previous events, expecting to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, just waiting for it all to go tits up. There's no way we'd ever predict double figure scorelines and be so confident. They're just more cocky southerners! Let's humble them by only losing by one goal.

We are. 90% of those posts are tongue firmly in cheek.

I look forward to seeing the most adventurous attacking line up in the entire history of Hecky. But I won’t. He only makes a positive attacking change when forced upon him by injury. If he could persuade Fleck to turn out on crutches he would do.

I wouldn't say cocky.
Not cocky would be 90% of our fanbase if United needed a point to be champions and playing bottom of the league.
You guys are 4 games in from what was supposedly a dire situation for how many years? And you think all is well in the world.
Not cocky indeed!

Not cocky would be 90% of our fanbase if United needed a point to be champions and playing bottom of the league.
You guys are 4 games in from what was supposedly a dire situation for how many years? And you think all is well in the world.
Not cocky indeed!

If you read a bit more of that forum you would see that plenty of Spurs fans most certainly don't think all is well with the world. Far from it.

We are just enjoying watching some decent football for the first time in about 3 years. While it lasts.

Not a lot to choose from even if most are fit !! The first 11 are fine but not much else to add yet.
Not sure I agree. He can bring McAtee in and play only one of Souza and Norwood but will he?

Not sure I agree. He can bring McAtee in and play only one of Souza and Norwood but will he?
...or play all three along with Hamer ? That would mean either one striker or a back 4. Perhaps not the right match to experiment in.

...or play all three along with Hamer ? That would mean either one striker or a back 4. Perhaps not the right match to experiment in.
I think he will go conservative with McAtee on the bench. Same side as v Everton but with Thomas in for Laroucci.

Heard a few of their fans on Talksport over the last few days and you would think that they're the new Man City. I know they have had a good start and are playing more adventurous football and i can understand them getting the feel good factor but some of the comments were a bit over the top.
Reckon we could stop them in their tracks, especially if their players are a bit over confident.
A draw would be great but i really fancy a sneaky win.
So you fancy it you’ll be chucking money on it?

Nothing wrong with what they are saying. Their club is 10x size of ours. They should be confident. This is why football is so good.

50 years ago September 1973 was an excellent month for the Blades in Division 1 :-

1st September Chelsea away won 2-1 Currie & Woodward scored
4th September Arsenal home won 5-0 Dearden, Woodward, Currie 2 & Bone scored (Currie sat on the ball)
15th September Spurs away won 2-1 Woodward & Bone scored
22nd September Norwich City home won 1-0 Flynn scored

Fortunately I was working in London at the time & I attended all the matches & I was only talking about them to Tony Currie in the John Street International Bar at the last home match.

Happy days & let's hope for a similar result today.

50 years ago September 1973 was an excellent month for the Blades in Division 1 :-

1st September Chelsea away won 2-1 Currie & Woodward scored
4th September Arsenal home won 5-0 Dearden, Woodward, Currie 2 & Bone scored (Currie sat on the ball)
15th September Spurs away won 2-1 Woodward & Bone scored
22nd September Norwich City home won 1-0 Flynn scored

Fortunately I was working in London at the time & I attended all the matches & I was only talking about them to Tony Currie in the John Street International Bar at the last home match.

Happy days & let's hope for a similar result today.
Reports and photos in the 1973-74 thread

They are very confident on their forums!

“Instead I’m going for a record breaking double figures thrashing on Saturday. 10-0 and 10-1 both 200-1. Easy money.
Bet the next 3 months mortgage money and wait for your other half to thank you for that month long 5star holiday.“

”Whatever the side though, I'm going 4 or 5 nil to the Mighty Spurs😁

”been a while since we can start looking forward to our games again.
let's keep the positivity going and put on another display the fans can get behind.

4-0.”

”If you think Sheffield United thought the best way to play Man City was to attack them from the start you may need to watch a bit more football.

They played like a turtle living under a nuclear bunker and should have been spanked.

10-0 Spurs. Bet your house on it. ”

View attachment 171021

”They got absolutely battered. Another day would have been 5. Mixture of great goalkeeping and bad finishing.

Haaland missed a penalty too.

Anything less than 6 goals at the weekend and I’m writing a letter of complaint to customer services.

If we can score 5 at Burnley it’s the least we can expect at the Stadium of the Hotspurs.”

”I think for 3 seasons our players dreaded coming back from international duty.
Got a sneaky feeling its tge other esy round now.
4-0
And give Richhi the most support he has ever heard.”

“Only one this is happening this weekend.

So I hope SUFC are ready and prepared for a fun afternoon.

7yqexj.jpg

Back
Top Bottom