Cocky Spurs?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

derfblade.3

Reaction score
Heard a few of their fans on Talksport over the last few days and you would think that they're the new Man City. I know they have had a good start and are playing more adventurous football and i can understand them getting the feel good factor but some of the comments were a bit over the top.
Reckon we could stop them in their tracks, especially if their players are a bit over confident.
A draw would be great but i really fancy a sneaky win.

Ange had Celtic playing some lovely, relentless attacking football.
If you sit in against it you're generally stuffed. I'd like to see us play with aggression, don't try and sit in. High tempo.
They don't like it up em.Id

If you sit in against it you're generally stuffed. I'd like to see us play with aggression, don't try and sit in. High tempo.
They don't like it up em.
I’d fancy us to play lovely relentless attacking football against St Mirren & Ross County.

Blades win nailed on. Textbook football narrative stuff, from all angles.

Heard a few of their fans on Talksport over the last few days and you would think that they're the new Man City. I know they have had a good start and are playing more adventurous football and i can understand them getting the feel good factor but some of the comments were a bit over the top.
Reckon we could stop them in their tracks, especially if their players are a bit over confident.
A draw would be great but i really fancy a sneaky win.
Not a chance

We will get hammered

Paisley and Wizard, spot on. If we play a defensive formation and try and hold on we will lose. If we have a go at them we may sneak something and even if we don't I'd rather lose trying to win than trying not to lose.
Isn’t that just what a Hecky indicated in his presser ?

They’ll see us as an easy 3 points and understandably

We just have to set up for the counter and be physical. We’ve had more time to get players fitter and challenging. Plus McAtee available

They are very confident on their forums!

“Instead I’m going for a record breaking double figures thrashing on Saturday. 10-0 and 10-1 both 200-1. Easy money.
Bet the next 3 months mortgage money and wait for your other half to thank you for that month long 5star holiday.“

”Whatever the side though, I'm going 4 or 5 nil to the Mighty Spurs😁

”been a while since we can start looking forward to our games again.
let's keep the positivity going and put on another display the fans can get behind.

4-0.”

”If you think Sheffield United thought the best way to play Man City was to attack them from the start you may need to watch a bit more football.

They played like a turtle living under a nuclear bunker and should have been spanked.

10-0 Spurs. Bet your house on it. ”

1694731876151.png

”They got absolutely battered. Another day would have been 5. Mixture of great goalkeeping and bad finishing.

Haaland missed a penalty too.

Anything less than 6 goals at the weekend and I’m writing a letter of complaint to customer services.

If we can score 5 at Burnley it’s the least we can expect at the Stadium of the Hotspurs.”

”I think for 3 seasons our players dreaded coming back from international duty.
Got a sneaky feeling its tge other esy round now.
4-0
And give Richhi the most support he has ever heard.”

“Only one this is happening this weekend.

So I hope SUFC are ready and prepared for a fun afternoon.

7yqexj.jpg

No, I think we’ll get beaten. Not battered, just beaten.

Big Ange has them playing some lovely stuff.

They’ll finish top 4 this season.
Realistically they will probably get the win, especially with the form they're in. There's always a chance though! Suspect we will play for the draw, and coming away with a point I'd be more than happy. Their creativity all comes from Maddison - and their attacking play all stems from him. If we can stop him then we stand a chance. Maybe get Vini to shadow him all game 😂

It's looking like it will probably be at the expense of Man U, unless they get their act together. It's a shame we aren't playing them sooner as I'd really fancy us to get the 3 points off them at home right now.

I don't think Macca will start, Hecky will go for a midfield 3 of Norwood, Hamer and Vini. I could see Davies getting some minutes and even having an outside chance of starting.

Last edited:
Cocky Spurs?
Not wrong, has anybody else seen the twitter message where they 'can't wait to meet Wrexham'?

I don't see us getting anything tomorrow I'd be very happy with a point. Some saying spurs top 4? Not a chance there lack of a goal scorer and the inevitable injury to maddison or son for a month or 2 will seriously hinder them, no team especially spurs can lose 30 goals a season and expect to finish top 4. Anyway 2-1 Blades 😉

They are very confident on their forums!

“Instead I’m going for a record breaking double figures thrashing on Saturday. 10-0 and 10-1 both 200-1. Easy money.
Bet the next 3 months mortgage money and wait for your other half to thank you for that month long 5star holiday.“

”Whatever the side though, I'm going 4 or 5 nil to the Mighty Spurs😁

”been a while since we can start looking forward to our games again.
let's keep the positivity going and put on another display the fans can get behind.

4-0.”

”If you think Sheffield United thought the best way to play Man City was to attack them from the start you may need to watch a bit more football.

They played like a turtle living under a nuclear bunker and should have been spanked.

10-0 Spurs. Bet your house on it. ”

View attachment 171021

”They got absolutely battered. Another day would have been 5. Mixture of great goalkeeping and bad finishing.

Haaland missed a penalty too.

Anything less than 6 goals at the weekend and I’m writing a letter of complaint to customer services.

If we can score 5 at Burnley it’s the least we can expect at the Stadium of the Hotspurs.”

”I think for 3 seasons our players dreaded coming back from international duty.
Got a sneaky feeling its tge other esy round now.
4-0
And give Richhi the most support he has ever heard.”

“Only one this is happening this weekend.

So I hope SUFC are ready and prepared for a fun afternoon.

7yqexj.jpg

I must have dozed off during the attacking Man City right from the start part and woke up during the under seige part.

We haven't won a game and they are 2nd in the league playing nice attractive football and are at home why wouldn't they be confident of winning

We would need to be as hard to break down as we were against Manchester City, which was a one sided game for the most part, to stand a chance.

We haven't won a game and they are 2nd in the league playing nice attractive football and are at home why wouldn't they be confident of winning

We would need to be as hard to break down as we were against Manchester City, which was a one sided game for the most part, to stand a chance.
I suspect that's how we will set up.
We won't be open unless we are chasing.

I hope though that with McBurnie and archer up top our rare forays forward might stick too.

We have to play well and catch em on and off day basically.

They don't like it up em.

If you try and press them, you generally get stuffed. I can't see us pressing with midfielders, but I expect our forwards will try and stop the outball to Bissouma (and get knackered in the process and need subbing off around 65). That's why I think we might start without McAtee and bring him and Traore on in the second half.

They’ll see us as an easy 3 points and understandably

We just have to set up for the counter and be physical. We’ve had more time to get players fitter and challenging. Plus McAtee available

Agree with this ^... we've basically got a blue-print from against City for attempting to nick a point against an attacking threat like these pose. They aren't as good as City, but they are at home, and they've not scored fewer than 2-goals-a-game all season. Ominous.

I wouldn't say cocky. After the crap we endured under Mourinho and particularly Conte, we are just pleased to have our spirits lifted and have a bit of optimism.

Obviously some of our lot will get carried away, that's natural.

We will be more than happy if we are in the 4th-6th area come the end of the season. Any talk of title challenges is wayyyyyy premature.

Back
Top Bottom