Club Statement?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Who are the shareholders?? Prince
I have shares. Obviously how our shares work in terms of the floatation on the stock market and how shares work in terms of ownership are different, but given they run shareholder forums and send out accounts to shareholders I'd assume the need to keep shareholders informed is still there.

I have shares. Obviously how our shares work in terms of the floatation on the stock market and how shares work in terms of ownership are different, but given they run shareholder forums and send out accounts to shareholders I'd assume the need to keep shareholders informed is still there.
Are those shares even still valid? I was under the impression prince or his companies were the sole shareholder

If we carry on doing well on the pitch it won’t matter, we’ll have a few £M to pay for Anel. If not it will be doom and gloom.

A loss tonight and I might have to become a hermit for a few weeks. Lot will go up.
Probably, knowing a few on this forum it will be link we’ve gone bust overnight

What would a club statement tell us that is not already in the public domain ?
In the interest of PR with the fans they could come out and say something. Not commenting points more at guilt.

If it were an admin error or an oversight you’d think they’d just say that.

Are those shares even still valid? I was under the impression prince or his companies were the sole shareholder
I have absolutely no idea. I've actually just inherited two other lots as well.

I assume they can't just cancel shares. I know they're next to worthless, both financially and in terms of influence but the fact they still send stuff out to shareholders would suggest they are.

Exactly. There's also no guarantee of promotion with 19 games to go, a mounting injury list and no opportunity to bring in players because we can't pay our debts...
There's also no guarantee that the takeover will go through (as per last time).
But you're not allowed to discuss these thoughts, or you're "a bedwetter."
Let's all clap like seals. The Prince is the best owner we've ever had. Everything is fine....
You've got it
Although I'm not particularly worried about it at the moment

The time to worry is if this takeover falls through with a week of the transfer market left open.

Because if that happens, Berge, Ndiaye, Egan, Anel, and anybody else that there is an enquiry about is gone for next to nothing

Oh, you’ve done it now. Put your tin hat on, I’m going to make a brew and settle in for the afternoon.

They have failed to make a payment on an agreed liability.
Or more likely not made it on purpose, while the new ownership goes through.
Part of the sale, new owner picks up at a pre determined financial status.

Not as exciting as a financial disaster / prince fuck up.

Or more likely not made it on purpose, while the new ownership goes through.
Part of the sale, new owner picks up at a pre determined financial status.

Not as exciting as a financial disaster / prince fuck up.
There's a thread been posted which suggested refused to pay which is probably worse than can't pay (in terms of reputation as a club and how the EFL respond).

Presumably, we could have spoken to the clubs we owe money to and sorted something out. But then again, given it's a transfer window they probably want the money now,

In the interest of PR with the fans they could come out and say something. Not commenting points more at guilt.

If it were an admin error or an oversight you’d think they’d just say that.
We now have the statement and I am none the wiser !
Roll on next week !

Read elsewhere this is from financial report dated April 2022 but the accounts are from June 2021 that we owe around £26 million in unpaid fees.
Hope someone can clarify and dismiss this as that would mean,non payment before takeover talks so nothing to do with that.
But falls in the time of parachute payments so really is a little mystifying.

We now have the statement and I am none the wiser !
Roll on next week !

Agree, sometimes that's the sign of a professionally written statement, short and sweet temporarily pouring cold water over the excitement of a hot news story.
It's not going into any detail, no hole digging, nothing controversial but inferring it's a minor issue that should be sorted within a few days.

We needed to release something before tonights match, could have been tricky for Hecky answering some of the media questions.
so at least it's good we've bought some time and Hecky can now just say " read the statement from the club, I've got nothing else to say about it".

Last edited:
Agree, sometimes that's the sign of a professionally written statement, short and sweet temporarily pouring cold water over the excitement of a hot news story.
It's not going into any detail, no hole digging, nothing controversial but inferring it's a minor issue that should be sorted within a few days.

We needed to release something before tonights match, could have been tricky for Hecky answering some of the media questions.
so at least it's good we've bought some time and Hecky can now just say " read the statement from the club, I've got nothing else to say about it".
It's a decent statement. Short, woolly, says we're actively trying to resolve and gives an eta. Which is more than I expected.

Cheers HH. They could have easily had this ready to go to publish this morning when it went public. Piss poor way to run any business, let alone a football club.
Calm down mate , you seem all in a tizzy

Glad everyone's got something to focus their neurotic psychosis on and now we can carry on supporting the team as normal

Nice to get that things are going too well shit out of the way

That is the main part of the statement and infers to me it’s due to the takeover
Exactly, all it says to me is that we'll have news on the takeover early next week as its 2 full working days. Would have been advised this morning so suspect we will hear something by the end of the day on Monday or early Tuesday.

Calm down mate , you seem all in a tizzy
Not in a tizz mate, just hacked off with the unprofessional and amateurish way the club has handled this. Should have been a statement out straight away when the news broke but instead just let the rumour mill, news outlets and social media run with it all day before releasing something which is fine but must have taken 15 minutes to write. Terrible communications. Easily solved.

I don't expect anything other than "this has happened and we're working to resolve it" but I don't think it's anything other than standard practice for a business with shareholders to keep those shareholders informed if something like this happens which is an indication of potential financial difficulties.

Isn't this standard business practice. Especially considering there's a home game in a few hours. Do they want a ground full of anxious people not really focusing on the game? Because most fans don't use forums like this. No doubt many have no idea this has happened yet.

Not that the club has been very good at communicating about important things of late.

The FC is owned by Blades Leisure Ltd. HRH owns BL
There are no other relevant shareholders.

Any shares in Sheffield United, the old Plc ( Now called Cutlers Holdings or something) are nothing to do with United or the Prince.

Back
Top Bottom