Club Statement?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Official statement : Were absoloutely f@@ked cause Poundland prince has run off back to Riyadh with everything

And now we have to sell every saleable player to pay for the Reda khadra loan
9474C541-11C4-436F-85E2-C5D57C36B7A4.jpeg

I’m not sure why we’re all shitting ourselves. We’re 2nd in the league 11 points clear with a brilliant squad & a takeover on the horizon.

Of course this was going to happen because the prince self admittedly can’t afford to run the club hence why he’s actively looking to sell.

We can’t sign anyone this month, so what? Chill out and get behind the team
But we could be selling by this time next week

Try sitting across from a gloating fat piggy gunter then tell me it doesn't matter.... Literally spunked himself when he mentioned it to me ever so casually.....

Remember when they got relegated for being a fucking basket case club. I do.

Club Statement

”The club are aware of the recent press attention and fan concern over the revelation of the club being in a Transfer embargo. In a effort to resolve this matter the EFL board have been invited round to the Saudi Embassy for a friendly chat to discuss these and other outstanding matters”

I’m not suggesting that they are, but what I have seen is a lot of doom and gloom so what I’m trying to suggest is there’s reason to be optimistic despite the news
If we carry on doing well on the pitch it won’t matter, we’ll have a few £M to pay for Anel. If not it will be doom and gloom.

A loss tonight and I might have to become a hermit for a few weeks. Lot will go up.

What’s there to say? EFL have explained it. I’d rather they were working in the getting the payments made as per the agreement.

We need to get our house in order
How about they say that?? Or at least acknowledge and communicate to concerned supporters to tell a) either the truth or b) some form of reassurance?

Saying nothing is never a viable option, it offers no credibility and takes the piss out of everyone.

But the supporters haven’t, which is exactly why they should.
What do you want the club to say exactly that would appease you. I'm not sure they are in a position to say anything

What do you want the club to say exactly that would appease you. I'm not sure they are in a position to say anything
But even that would be a start. I want them to acknowledge that we’re in the news for the wrong reasons and that some fans are concerned.

They can go down the no comment route for now, but still say the matter will be resolved, we’re working hard to fix it, it related to x and y, please be reassured etc.

Literally anything. But don’t take your punters for mugs.

But even that would be a start. I want them to acknowledge that we’re in the news for the wrong reasons and that some fans are concerned.

They can go down the no comment route for now, but still say the matter will be resolved, we’re working hard to fix it, it related to x and y, please be reassured etc.

I don't expect anything other than "this has happened and we're working to resolve it" but I don't think it's anything other than standard practice for a business with shareholders to keep those shareholders informed if something like this happens which is an indication of potential financial difficulties.

Isn't this standard business practice. Especially considering there's a home game in a few hours. Do they want a ground full of anxious people not really focusing on the game? Because most fans don't use forums like this. No doubt many have no idea this has happened yet.

Not that the club has been very good at communicating about important things of late.

What would a club statement tell us that is not already in the public domain ?
I don’t know because they haven’t issued one. Or do we just accept everything in the public domain? Job done. Ta very much?

I don’t like coincidences. The PH stance on Khadra and a replacement striker. The initial delay in Khadra leaving, followed by him moving to Brum very quickly?

Read between the lines. We have jus been sanctioned in the middle of a prospective take over. Brighton might believe they hold all the cards and that they are due compensation.
Such is the complexity of the loan deal, the United owner or CEO thinks otherwise and they are reluctant to pay up!

EFL don’t want egg on their faces so they agree with Brighton and issue an embargo.

Why would we if a takeover is progressing? Prince is set to get over £100m from that deal & the new owner takes over the debt.

I’d be panicking if the sale fell through.
We do not know what is in the deal and what's been agreed or who its with, all speculation on our part. Whose not to say that the new owner may want to cash in early get some or a big chunk of his or her money back reduce the wage bill and start again. Or that the sale does not go through in the next few weeks and the existing owner has no choice, due to being skint or reluctant to subsidise the club, than to sell some assets.
All hypothetical but all possible added into this, this is Sheffield United we are talking about which does add some meat to any theory or conspiracy theories.

I don't expect anything other than "this has happened and we're working to resolve it" but I don't think it's anything other than standard practice for a business with shareholders to keep those shareholders informed if something like this happens which is an indication of potential financial difficulties.

Isn't this standard business practice. Especially considering there's a home game in a few hours. Do they want a ground full of anxious people not really focusing on the game? Because most fans don't use forums like this. No doubt many have no idea this has happened yet.

Not that the club has been very good at communicating about important things of late.
Who are the shareholders?? Prince

Surely we’ve got one last fax machine-related excuse that the EFL will buy?

How about they say that?? Or at least acknowledge and communicate to concerned supporters to tell a) either the truth or b) some form of reassurance?

Saying nothing is never a viable option, it offers no credibility and takes the piss out of everyone.
That would be correct In a business sense where there are shareholders, they will be informed. Certainly in a regulated industry

Football is governed but perhaps not regulated. So I’m guessing there is no obligation to make a statement.

On credibility, I think credibility is sufficiently damaged with the EFL statement and a statement from the club won’t change that.

I do think the club will make a statement which will be presumably along the lines of confirming what the EFL have stated without moving from a very neutral position of “we’re cooperating with the EFL enquiry” and “no further statement will be made at this time”

All of which seems very pointless to everyone.

I don’t know because they haven’t issued one. Or do we just accept everything in the public domain? Job done. Ta very much?
At present, yes.
When they have paid it or appealed then I would expect a statement to that effect.

Back
Top Bottom