Clough's cronies

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Good call and I appreciate your opinion but maybe Done is just the player to 'back Davies up' and 'look for anything off him'? Especially when Flynn (sorely missed when he went off) left us pitifully short of options in attack. The times the ball was put into the left-hand channel (JSS side) in the second half. This is Done's 'hunting ground' and he would have pressured back-passes to their goalie much more than we did.
I would agree but are our midfielders up to just having 2 in there ? You certainly couldn't perm 2 from Holt ,Baxter and Coutts. Maybe Doyle or Basham plus one of them ,but would still be risky.

I would also like to add that Anthony Grant is the best holding player I have seen in this league as I said when we played them before and he would be top of my shopping list this summer which ever league we are in.

Hes a kid ,his time will come ,but hes not ready to step from Northern Counties to 3rd division yet. Only my opinion of course ,I do think he has loads of potential though.
I think he's up to it, but he's a risk. It's a big step up and he's shown his talent when we've needed that gung-ho approach to rescue a cup tie. No denying he was the perfect impact player that night.

However, cloughs idea is to play him down the left and with murphy in form there's been no slot for him. Thought today might've been ideal for him late on, but it seems injuries forced the changes.

I also think that clough likes to build the work ethic into his wingers/ strikers, even v Spurs in the last few minutes he was being dragged back to sit into the formation

His time will come soon enough. Think Murphys legs need a rest so we may see more of him

Done will be much more valuable away from home ,Adams in my opinion isn't up to it yet ,unless we are on top in a game. We didn't back Davies up enough today ,only Flynn looked for anything off him ,Murphy ,Holt ,Baxter and Coutts didn't put enough in for me ,either physically or mentally ,as individuals they were disappointing. We have to leave JCR out of it atm although I would love to see him back.

So if Adams isn't up to it yet, why have him as an unused sub every match?

Why not send out Adams on loan instead of JCR? I know who would be most likely to come on if they were sat on the bench together.

So if Adams isn't up to it yet, why have him as an unused sub every match?

Why not send out Adams on loan instead of JCR? I know who would be most likely to come on if they were sat on the bench together.
Because most probably JCR wants to play week in week out and Adams is waiting for that chance

I would also like to add that Anthony Grant is the best holding player I have seen in this league as I said when we played them before and he would be top of my shopping list this summer which ever league we are in.

I thought Crewe had more than a couple of tidy players and Grant was one of them. When the dust has settled, we'll realise that Crewe 'did a job on us'. They never let us settle and were relentless in their pressing throughout. More importantly, they sliced through our midfield and defence with frightening ease (could have had 3 in the first half) and this made us naturally cautious about going 'shit or bust'.

So we'll agree on this, sitter. We both thought Grant was good. We both think we should sign him in the summer and, if he excels, we can expect Clough to quickly fall out with him!

I thought Crewe had more than a couple of tidy players and Grant was one of them. When the dust has settled, we'll realise that Crewe 'did a job on us'. They never let us settle and were relentless in their pressing throughout. More importantly, they sliced through our midfield and defence with frightening ease (could have had 3 in the first half) and this made us naturally cautious about going 'shit or bust'.

So we'll agree on this, sitter. We both thought Grant was good. We both think we should sign him in the summer and, if he excels, we can expect Clough to quickly fall out with him!
2 out of 3 aint bad :)

So what? He's contracted to play for United and we need him to be used in squad rotation and impact from the bench.
So if he wants to go and play football elsewhere then that's his choice...

You asked the question, I offered an answer. I'm not saying I agree with him going necessarily, but the two players are at opposite ends of their careers

I'm also guessing that JCR will be available and fit for the play offs if he's getting good game time at Notts co

So you would have carried on with Baxter who hadn't moved in 20 minutes ,was clearly knackered (apparently injured) ,talk sense.

If Baxter wasn't moving, fuck knows what Coutts was doing. Dead fish impression? It's ok to knock Baxter every 5 minutes but Coutts was alot worse. A sub was wasted by bringing on Ben Davies. Done should have come on and played off the right? Why because he would have come on sooner rather than later anyway. Next people will say that Doyle came on to solidify things, but then we lost.

If Baxter wasn't moving, fuck knows what Coutts was doing. Dead fish impression? It's ok to knock Baxter every 5 minutes but Coutts was alot worse. A sub was wasted by bringing on Ben Davies. Done should have come on and played off the right? Why because he would have come on sooner rather than later anyway. Next people will say that Doyle came on to solidify things, but then we lost.
Baxter was injured.

Team mentally and physically tired is the excuse along with a bobbly pitch, perhaps we need a bigger squad and a new groundsman.Same old crap week after week.

not to mention Butler, Collins and Diego.. what happened to Scouggs.. Reed will be next..
Diego is a prime example of what a modern footballer is, believes in his own self importance when in actual fact he's never proved fuck all. If his name was Dave digbert and not Diego nobody would give a shit about him !

Done will be much more valuable away from home ,Adams in my opinion isn't up to it yet ,unless we are on top in a game. We didn't back Davies up enough today ,only Flynn looked for anything off him ,Murphy ,Holt ,Baxter and Coutts didn't put enough in for me ,either physically or mentally ,as individuals they were disappointing. We have to leave JCR out of it atm although I would love to see him back.

According to Dowie, United weren't up for it. Murphy was the best player. For me Clough is becoming the wrong man. He seems to be inapable of getting consistent results and for United at the moment that is all that matters.

If we don't go up (and I don't expect we will because our home form is so bad with no sign of it improving) I expect Murphy to leave.

knackered ;)
bring Adams on .. roll the dice by playing two.. yes two up at home..
ooh controversial.. sorry foxy

Having managed a crawl into fifth position in the third division no fucker should be knackered.

Team mentally and physically tired is the excuse along with a bobbly pitch, perhaps we need a bigger squad and a new groundsman.Same old crap week after week.
Absolute horsesh*t Nigel. Players should have been on a high after a 4-0 win (on the same "bobbly" pitch). Poor things can't play Tuesday & Saturday? Well we have the biggest squad in the league, so rotate 'em if they're tired. Coutts for one needs to be "rested" because I don't see what value he currently adds to the team.

Flynn injury - ankle
Baxter - ankle/ knackered
Davies - several knocks

Collins 3 months out with a ''calf injury'' which has miraculously responded to no treatment and yet plays today.

I gave up believing anything that Chough says on injuries and fall outs with players an awful long time ago.

Collins 3 months out with a ''calf injury'' which has miraculously responded to no treatment and yet plays today.

I gave up believing anything that Chough says on injuries and fall outs with players an awful long time ago.
Clough made no bones about Collins spitting the dummy months ago.

I might be wrong but don't think Clough said anything about a calf injury. He said recently he wasn't fit...

I love it how it's always Clough blamed for these little spats.

Clough made no bones about Collins spitting the dummy months ago.

I might be wrong but don't think Clough said anything about a calf injury. He said recently he wasn't fit...

I love it how it's always Clough blamed for these little spats.

You are indeed wrong Swiss. NC was directly asked on RS about Collins said Collins had a calf injury and hadn't been near the place or trained for over 3 months.

If it had been one or two players over a a couple of years, I could live with it, but it isn't.
These are far more serious than ''little spats,'' they rob the club of players, waste wages. waste potential, damage team morale, impact on the FFP, and reflect the colossal man management failures on Chough's part.

Even the most myopic Cloughfanboy can surely see a massive pattern of freezing out of certain players.

I thought Ben Davies was awful when he came, wasted free kicks and hopeless crosses. Coutts was anonymous.

Back
Top Bottom