Chances of beating LiverpooL?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It's a funny old game football, if we start on the front foot, play to our strengths, fine margins and a stitch in time saves nine who knows what can happen?

Match what Luton did v Arsenal and you never know.
Luton are poor but with one big difference to us: their players are fast and strong. Being rubbish, slow and weak is what makes us stand out.
Burnley’s performance against Wolves shows how bad they actually are, and in turn how awful we are to have been smashed by them. Wilder really has his work cut out here.

I’d take a good performance. I’d say let’s err on the side of caution and not even expect one of these later. He’s had one day or so with the players and we all know how many issues we have.

If we play terrible tonight, let’s bear this in mind and also take into account, it’s Liverpool.

Like I said when Hecky was manager I tend not to judge us too much on results I’ll be looking at the performance, the effort and character regards how we react to conceding.

I’m expecting a 0-2 defeat and a battling display where we have 2 or 3 decent shots and if this happens I’ll be pleased.

If we can string two passes together, retain some possession, occasionally venture into Liverpool's half with some meaningful attacking intent but lose 2 or 3-0 then I'd take that. At least there'd be some signs of some improvement over what we've been getting recently.

Before Hecky was sacked I was ready to take up the Paddy Power bet of 200/1 for us to lose 8-0. Now I've no idea, other than I know we'll lose.

I've said this so many times, we will win 1-0. A shithouse win. We WILL win.

Will we pick a line up with one eye on Saturday? I initially thought so, but I reckon CW will want to lay down a marker with an improved performance/style/energy.

It will be a miracle if we get anything from this game. If we do get owt from it, I may start believing Wilder is really the messiah!

Like I said when Hecky was manager I tend not to judge us too much on results I’ll be looking at the performance, the effort and character regards how we react to conceding.

I’m expecting a 0-2 defeat and a battling display where we have 2 or 3 decent shots and if this happens I’ll be pleased.
2 or 3 decent shots against Kelleher and we might score. He aint Alison

Pros;
New manager will give players a lift
Liverpool have injuries
Cold Bramall Lane night, fans up for it etc
Nothing to lose, 'free hit'
Liverpool are dangerous but dodgy at the back
Possible new formation taking them unawares

Cons;
We're shit

Their front 6 is very likely going to be too much for United to cope with. They are very, very good

Szoboslai MaCallister Gravenberch

Salah Nunez Diaz

Back
Top Bottom