Careful Buying Kids Swimwear from SUFC

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

mattbianco1

Forum Royalty
Reaction score
Bought little lad some swimshorts yesterday for his holiday.
All the swimshorts are labelled up - XS, S, M, L, XL. They're not labelled in children's ages as you'd expect.

I picked up a large (he'd 8) and thought they looked about the size. Then i asked a staff member what size they corresponded to and was told that XL is 7-8. I thought they looked a bit big, but took his word for it and swapped them over.

Got them home and you could see they were massive compared to his other shorts... i think they're a 9-10.

I've gone back down today and asked to change them for the Large (which i was gonna get till i was told XL was 7-8).
No exchanges on Swimwear!!!

I questioned this and was told it's the company policy and "it tells you that on the receipt"... Well how am I meant to read the receipt BEFORE i've purchased them?
When i was being served yesterday - an adult, buying childrens swimshorts, without a child with me - you would think the staff should alert you to the no returns policy, but no.

So, just warning people in case they planned on buying anything for their kids holiday. Best to take the kid with you to the lane.

Anybody know the complaints email address?

All the swimshorts are labelled up - XS, S, M, L, XL. They're not labelled in children's ages as you'd expect.

I picked up a large (he'd 8) and thought they looked about the size. Then i asked a staff member what size they corresponded to and was told that XL is 7-8. I thought they looked a bit big, but took his word for it and swapped them over.

Got them home and you could see they were massive compared to his other shorts... i think they're a 9-10.

I've gone back down today and asked to change them for the Large (which i was gonna get till i was told XL was 7-8).

I questioned this and was told it's the company policy and "it tells you that on the receipt"... Well how am I meant to read the receipt BEFORE i've purchased them?
When i was being served yesterday - an adult, buying childrens swimshorts, without a child with me - you would think the staff should alert you to the no returns policy, but no.

So, just warning people in case they planned on buying anything for their kids holiday. Best to take the kid with you to the lane.

I think it's general policy in most stores that swimwear and underwear cannot be returned for obvious reasons.

That being said... if he gave you the incorrect information then they should at least give you a store credit if not a cash refund.

Keep them for 2 years, problem solved.

Look on the bright side, your lad’s got some swim shorts for the summer holidays in 2025.

I think it's general policy in most stores that swimwear and underwear cannot be returned for obvious reasons.

Tbf I thought it was common knowledge that they wouldn't swap them.

Get that. They usually have a little sticker inside for trying on in store etc. before purchase.

United don't have a changing room
I didn't have a kid with me
No staff member advised upon purchase that i needed to be sure they were the right size as "no refunds/exchanges" - they ALWAYS tell you this when printing shirts up

Size guide online don't even list those sizes 🤣
1689341121589.png

Just wear them yourself, maybe abit tight but if it's good enough for ze Germans why not English 👍

Attachments

• LRP-WEBUSE-073-2.jpg
    LRP-WEBUSE-073-2.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 12
Get that. They usually have a little sticker inside for trying on in store etc. before purchase.

United don't have a changing room
I didn't have a kid with me
No staff member advised upon purchase that i needed to be sure they were the right size as "no refunds/exchanges" - they ALWAYS tell you this when printing shirts up

Size guide online don't even list those sizes 🤣
View attachment 164680
I wouldn‘t necessarily condone this but if you had got them home and then found that they were defective in some way, you would have a statutory right to a full refund……

Relayed this story to the Scottish media and the
majority conclusion of responses on this matter is
'Penalty To Rangers'.
#PenaltyToRangers

That’s pretty much the standard policy anyway with swimwear and underwear

Just fyi to let everybody know that mattbianco1 doesn't actually have any children

S02E01-cs2S1iM8-subtitled.jpg

No exchanges in swimwear

Imagine the hoo harr if you worked for the BBC and it got out you bought kids swimming costumes!!!
Doesn't bare thinking about!
There's a lost episode of Are You Being Served where a woman's buying a cossie for her young lass and Mr. Grainger kindly informs her that it'll ride up with wear!

Filling him up with a few GCBs should do the trick…

Back
Top Bottom