2022/2023 Match Thread Bristol City v. Sheffield United - 1st November 2022

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BRIS
BRIS
BRIS

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Banned
1667325692201.png vs. 1667325698520.png

Championship Week 19 - Tuesday 1st November 2022 - 20:00 - Ashton Gate
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/bristol-city-vs-sheffield-united.623/

Officials:

Referee: Stephen Martin
Assistant Referee: Adam Crysell
Assistant Referee: Mark Stevens
Fourth Official: James Linington

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

1667325784440.png

📺
Live TV Coverage (to be updated):

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Screenshot 2022-11-01 at 18.03.37.png

Original content from robbiez666 below:

As there's no match thread yet (I assume Dempsey & Makepeace are busy childing) putting this here.

Going to be a tough game. I fancied City at the start of the season but they've been inconsistent. They certainly have the attacking players to hurt us.

If everyone was fit enough to play, I'd go:

----------------------Wes

Baldock - Basham - Egan - Robinson - Osborn

--------Doyle----Norwood-----Fleck

-------------Sharp--- Ndiaye

Anel suspended and giving McBurnie a rest.

I reckon we're going to get a few surprises though listening to the press conference.

Sachdev and Arblaster not travelled with the U-21s so likely in the squad.

I reckon McAtee or Khadra will start. I have a feeling Ndiaye might not.

I reckon a draw might be the likely outcome.

Last edited by a moderator:

Good 3 points, battled hard for 90 minute, not a clue how we won that! Bristol best team but that’s how it goes! A battling win well done Blades!

Great win

But you don’t get much luckier than that

Dog awful in the first half scored a goal a yard offside and Norwood didn’t get a straight red after a leg breaker

Win of a Promoted team that win tho 😳
Or a yellow, he's OK now for Burnley

If he comes on air for the interview and praises that fucking horrific excuse for a performance the man is deluded.

I’m also not taken with the idea of keeping g injured players in the pitch risking worse injury.
I agree, especially with mcatee, absolutely poor management that, illiman hopefully just cramp

Horrid performance. how the hell we got 3 points I have no idea.

I would rather lose playing well and trying than that eye sore. Personally I would be embarrassed to put in that performance regardless of the win.

Bristol City deserved the 3 points IMO. Very worried for Burnley at the weekend, think I will give that game a miss.
Not sure if you’re being serious or not. You can’t always play well and on those occasions where you don’t getting three points is a massive plus.

I would rather lose playing well and trying than that eye sore. Personally I would be embarrassed to put in that performance regardless of the win.

Bristol City deserved the 3 points IMO. Very worried for Burnley at the weekend, think I will give that game a miss.
Jesus, thought I was a pessimist, can’t play like barca every week 😂

Reyt result, can ignore the performance. We did what was necessary.

Hope we get some ice baths and theraguns for the weekend or we’re fucked.

1667340443486.png
Be good tomorrow night if Canaries draw with QPR & Utd then stay 3rd with game in hand over BB Rovers. BIG MATCH now on Saturday @ BDTBL

Battled hard against the conditions and the opposition. Maybe a couple of strokes of luck but sometimes that's how it goes. If I was a Bristol City fan I'd be fuming.

Clear red card, credit to McAtee for carrying on.

Awful, awful match all ends up in my opinion, but I'm delighted with the 3 points and another clean sheet.

I'm going to do a heckky, listen, Robinson looked ok, Clarke coming back so LCB looks better, anel has served his ban so the back 3 is looking better. Hopefully Tommy Doyle isnt too bad and can come back Saturday, so little steps to get a better squad

Not sure if you’re being serious or not. You can’t always play well and on those occasions getting three points is a massive plus.
Serious. I agree with that statement if we put in a good performance every now and again. Trying to think of the last time we last played well. 3 points is definitely a positive. But its not pretty or entertaining in anyway, quite the opposite.

delighted with the points. & they could be huge come what may & these last 2 games for me have righted the 6 game blip as we probally expected about 8pts from last 5 games & we have that now

but im sick of injuries. we shouldn't be losing 2 players to injury every time we play. its ridiculous everytime 1 comes back another goes

Not sure if you’re being serious or not. You can’t always play well and on those occasions where you don’t getting three points is a massive plus.

You can’t always play well

We haven’t played well in the last 8 games bar beating the worst team we’ve played all season WBA

I totally give in.

Haven’t got a clue how this season will pan out!

Humble Pie shop’s totally sold out too!

UTB

Could look like an almost new team on Saturday...

---------------Wes--------------------
--------Anel--Egan--Clark------------
Baldock--Doyle--Norwood--Stevens
---McAtee--McBurnie--Ndiaye-------

Only four of that starting line-up would get in our best team. No wonder it wasn't the most enjoyable game, given the conditions and we're nearly playing the reserves.

Sometimes you have to win badly.

I'm so looking forward to hearing from Pearson, hes a miserable twat at the best of times so his interview is going to be hilarious

Only four of that starting line-up would get in our best team. No wonder it wasn't the most enjoyable game, given the conditions and we're nearly playing the reserves.

Sometimes you have to win badly.

We havent won convincingly well since august.

Seriously??

We got mullered at times, especially in the 1st half, so, gotta be (even more!) happy with that scoreline. Well done lads 👏👏👏👏👏

Back
Top Bottom