2022/2023 Match Thread Bristol City v. Sheffield United - 1st November 2022

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BRIS
BRIS
BRIS

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Banned
1667325692201.png vs. 1667325698520.png

Championship Week 19 - Tuesday 1st November 2022 - 20:00 - Ashton Gate
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/bristol-city-vs-sheffield-united.623/

Officials:

Referee: Stephen Martin
Assistant Referee: Adam Crysell
Assistant Referee: Mark Stevens
Fourth Official: James Linington

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

1667325784440.png

📺
Live TV Coverage (to be updated):

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Screenshot 2022-11-01 at 18.03.37.png

Original content from robbiez666 below:

As there's no match thread yet (I assume Dempsey & Makepeace are busy childing) putting this here.

Going to be a tough game. I fancied City at the start of the season but they've been inconsistent. They certainly have the attacking players to hurt us.

If everyone was fit enough to play, I'd go:

----------------------Wes

Baldock - Basham - Egan - Robinson - Osborn

--------Doyle----Norwood-----Fleck

-------------Sharp--- Ndiaye

Anel suspended and giving McBurnie a rest.

I reckon we're going to get a few surprises though listening to the press conference.

Sachdev and Arblaster not travelled with the U-21s so likely in the squad.

I reckon McAtee or Khadra will start. I have a feeling Ndiaye might not.

I reckon a draw might be the likely outcome.

Last edited by a moderator:

What a 3 points that is. Shocking performance but dug in deep, that’s what promotion looks like to me. Get to the World Cup, get players back fit, a couple of additions January and we will be firing for autos.

Wow it’s a long time since we stole the points….I almost feel dirty ha ha.
Feels really satisfying when I think back to the matches at the Lane where we’ve totally dominated but somehow managed to lose with very late goals.

Hopefully this gives an extra boost to our confidence and yet another clean sheet.

Great win

But you don’t get much luckier than that

Dog awful in the first half scored a goal a yard offside and Norwood didn’t get a straight red after a leg breaker

Win of a Promoted team that win tho 😳

Thank fuck for that…… 7 points from Norwich, WBA, and Bristol, with 2 of those away…. Would have took that, not quite making up for the shit show of the the previous 6 games.

Horrid performance. how the hell we got 3 points I have no idea.

I would rather lose playing well and trying than that eye sore. Personally I would be embarrassed to put in that performance regardless of the win.

Bristol City deserved the 3 points IMO. Very worried for Burnley at the weekend, think I will give that game a miss.

Amazing how badly we can play and get three points and how well we can play and get fuck all.

More injuries to pile on top as some of our players have had to do about 3 hours actual work this week

Dont play well, get 3 points, get a clean sheet, not much to complain about really.
Let's be honest the objective at the moment is to be in contention when the world cup break comes, and considering we're getting to the bare bones of a squad, hopefully players get a rest players come back and then kick on.

Ugly, ugly win in horrible conditions.

Second half we were horrible, physical bastards. Scored a questionable goal and rode our luck at times. That’s a massive win.

Can’t wait for Roy’s View From. We’re going to get slagged off by their lot big time. 😍😍

If he comes on air for the interview and praises that fucking horrific excuse for a performance the man is deluded.

I’m also not taken with the idea of keeping g injured players in the pitch risking worse injury.

Happy with that.. Fair play to City who mostly outplayed us... more energy and legs on us, but big result with a patched up line up...Well done lads.

Hecky wants to sort this rabble out, he sends the player off and United players want to fight again! Fucking idiot, Baldock yellow for what!
You want the players to go in after a tackle like that, it's shows team spirit and aggression

What a bruising game that was
Rode our luck at times
Need NDiaye and Doyle fit for Satdi
Anel back
Hopefully we have a team out Satdi to give Burnley a game and get a result

Back
Top Bottom