Bring Back Warnock?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

and that post all started so sensibly too.

I know it's one of the unwritten rules of the forum (No 16: Lose at home in third tier. Call for Warnock to return) but how old will he have to be before we can just remember him as a former manager rather than a potential new one?
Maybe cos former managers are or have been more succesful than present ones but i do agree with you on that comment we cant keep living in the past

Isnt that a rushed .panic choice bringing warnock back at last minute maybe bring him back at sometime early next season if n/c doesnt get us promoted

I purposely suggested to bring him back to make sure that the players were suitably motivated to get the promotion, but only contracted to the end of this season. If we do go up we may need a different kind manager to if we stay in this one. By giving Neil a large inventive bonus if we get promoted, it might just tempt him before he finally retires.

I agree - but as posted before - if we "try" 2 other choices and spend another bucket load of wasted money and are STILL in this division in 4 years time, the whole club could be in meltdown.

Football finances do not allow many to go on the way we are going and to still be trying the same "failures" in years to come.

Clough should have been the savior, if he does not get us up, then the shit will just hit the fan again.

The prospects if he does not are unimaginable.

UTB

just read your 2 posts and tend to agree with you . I do think Clough has totally misjudged and misread the league and teams in it , to provide a side that is capable of achieving automatic promotion , with a contingency of doing it via the play offs .

McCabe and sons / Prince have kept a low profile which is a credit to them , after past escapades . The board and there advisors will be a concerned as us fans , of how the season is panning out . The positive is that our destiny is still in our own hands , if this changes and then have to rely on other clubs results , then i don't think we have the players or managerial nounce / skill to bring this season to a success . Failure is unimaginable , and i don't think that is a word used out of context for us , as this season was the season to get promotion , and move this club out of first gear , get into a roll , to bring back the good times .

The financial implications will hit us hard , and i am still unsure about the prince , his commitment and legal / contractural obligations if we fail , and walks away , using his other commitments as the big excuse , as he thinks he was sold a pup.

Neil would be the man if asked . First met him when he was at Burton and was supposed to run him and his ex mrs to a dinner at the club in his honour . He didn't go because he fell out with the chairman , like he fell out with McCabe over a gentleman's agreement .

After the SUFC dinner , i feel they may have kissed and he did try to help the club with the CH loan signing from palace , which turned out another disaster . If asked i am sure he would come , and with Morgan under him , we would IMO have a winning formula . Morgan as No1on his own would be a failure , as he is a completely different character managing , than he was playing.

If Clough does fail , the shit will hit the fan , but i can see shit falling heavily if we lose at Barnsley . The outcome and ultimate decisions to be made , i am glad i am just a terrace fan , because the board must be as split / confused / pissed off as us.

UTB

To my mind HRH has only dipped his toe in so far and if we begin to look like a really bad investment could well decide to cut his losses..

Let us pray.........

Bring back Nade too, while we're at it. He doing a good job in Scotland and needs the money.

Are you saying he is on Nade not of money up there? ......................:eek:)

I purposely suggested to bring him back to make sure that the players were suitably motivated to get the promotion, but only contracted to the end of this season. If we do go up we may need a different kind manager to if we stay in this one. By giving Neil a large inventive bonus if we get promoted, it might just tempt him before he finally retires.
Point taken it just seems high risk to me at this stage if it didnt work we would be back to square one but if it did work fantastic just thought it might be a little late and cant see it happening

First met him when he was at Burton and was supposed to run him and his ex mrs to a dinner at the club in his honour . He didn't go because he fell out with the chairman , like he fell out with McCabe over a gentleman's agreement .

Crikey you drop more names than England Cricket team dropped catches during the World Cup. :) Problem with Warnock is as above. He fell out with.....etc etc, but it wasn't his fault. Then he falls out with xxxx and it wasn't his fault. xxxx is a wanker but that's not Warnocks doing. He fell out with Windass but guess what.

Then theres the entire blade bladey bladeness of it all, then theres the fact that we have a manager already then theres the fact that Warnock is utterly divisive then there is the fact that McCabe wouldn't have him back then............

You get what I am saying?

Crikey you drop more names than England Cricket team dropped catches during the World Cup. :) Problem with Warnock is as above. He fell out with.....etc etc, but it wasn't his fault. Then he falls out with xxxx and it wasn't his fault. xxxx is a wanker but that's not Warnocks doing. He fell out with Windass but guess what.

Then theres the entire blade bladey bladeness of it all, then theres the fact that we have a manager already then theres the fact that Warnock is utterly divisive then there is the fact that McCabe wouldn't have him back then............

Not sure Nigel gets on with that many.

Would't want to see Clough go yet. Give him another season.

Promotion via Play Offs = Hero. Carry on Nigel..
Losing in Play Offs = See how we start next season. Need to be in and around the top two or a change may be required.
Fail to make Play Offs = With regret Nigel. Failed to meet minimum requirement. Time for a change.

Surely it's that simple?
Absolutely no point in changing or even thinking of changing manager at this point in the season.

Agree with you Bladesway , but desperate times sometimes mean desperate measures . All be it that this season , has been a little disappointing to say the least , if we sit back with a clear head , we are still in the mix for the play offs . After the Chesi game , if we are in the play offs , is this classed as a success or failure . Depends what side of the fence you sit on.

I am pro Clough , and the thought of a NW , CM management team is a nice dream , but in reality would we be better off . I don't think so.

NW and McCabe / Prince would not work , and IMO we stick with Clough . Its better the devil you know and Clough and the players know the score , of what has to be achieved this season.

Nerves , doubts and frustration is getting to us all , and this must be affecting the players . Just hope we do it , but if we do or don't , the circus starts all over again next season , either in this league or the championship.

Clear heads are required , and you are spot on regarding NW.

UTB

Promotion via Play Offs = Hero. Carry on Nigel..
Losing in Play Offs = See how we start next season. Need to be in and around the top two or a change may be required.
Fail to make Play Offs = With regret Nigel. Failed to meet minimum requirement. Time for a change.

Surely it's that simple?
Absolutely no point in changing or even thinking of changing manager at this point in the season.

Pretty much.

I'd maybe stop short of "Hero" and I think he'd have some difficult questions to answer in the middle scenario before carrying on but I'm with you on all of that.

Pretty much.

I'd maybe stop short of "Hero" and I think he'd have some difficult questions to answer in the middle scenario before carrying on but I'm with you on all of that.

Fair enough.

Two Semi Finals and a promotion in 18 months would qualify him for hero status in my eyes but still a lot to do to achieve that.

Agree with you Bladesway , but desperate times sometimes mean desperate measures . All be it that this season , has been a little disappointing to say the least , if we sit back with a clear head , we are still in the mix for the play offs . After the Chesi game , if we are in the play offs , is this classed as a success or failure . Depends what side of the fence you sit on.

I am pro Clough , and the thought of a NW , CM management team is a nice dreamB

I'd rather dream about beating myself off with a brillo pad dipped in liquid nitrogen than have Warnock back. Yes he could do a job but please god no, no,no.

Warnock and Morgan managing the Blades, eh?. If it were possible to get promotion by sheer will, they'd do it. "Get the ball in the box, win it and score" would be our philosophy.

It may well work, but the price may be taking the club backwards on a footballing level.

Warnock and Morgan managing the Blades, eh?. If it were possible to get promotion by sheer will, they'd do it. "Get the ball in the box, win it and score" would be our philosophy.

It may well work, but the price may be taking the club backwards on a footballing level.

Dkc , agree about the club going backwards on a football level . But on a football level perhaps we are nearly there . Just got to sort out the basics of defending , turning chances into scoring goals , and winning or playing football games , in a consistent way .

Sheer will does also play a part . Yet again come saturday , it will be either relief or melt down. Yes football philosophy , lets just get out of this league , even if the ball hits somebodies arse and goes in.

UTB

Back
Top Bottom