Bring Back Warnock?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I take it that you don't agree then. Are you happy enough the way things are or can you suggest alternatives?
No I'm not happy at how this season has gone. Complete balls up just like Danny Wilson's second season. I seem to recall we sacked him whilst 5th with a few games to go. Didn't go so well did it?

Anyway, I'm not going to argue that has any bearing whatsoever on the current situation because it doesn't, but for what it's worth I think our best chance of promotion this season is to stick with Clough. If come the end of May we're still a league one club then fire him.

Reappointing CW would be a massive backwards step. However, as DKC says, there is (thankfully) 0% chance of it happening as long as Kev Mc has a say.

If a change is to happen, they should avoid making the mistake made repeatedly before in going for name and/or ability as a player. Adkins would be a no-brainer if he could be persuaded given his track record in L1 (& above). If not, I'd go with Paul Cook - a progressive manager who appears able to handle pressure well, although the Utd job would of course be another step-up for him.

I don't think we've a prayer of getting Warburton - his stake is far too high and he'll no doubt get better and more lucrative offers than the Utd job.

Similar for Lambert - I can't see him settling for the £250k/year on offer

I'd stay well clear of Rosler (totally found out at Wigan).

Sorry but every name you mention is another gamble. Adkins got binned at Southampton for whatever reason and look at them ever since he left. Then look at Reading. He got "found out" to use your words. Rosler got "found out" at Wigan? How so? You judge every manager on one appointment but ignore the previous one where he did well? How odd.

Fact is there is no gamble free way forward but in my opinion we aren't far away from where we want to be. Consistency is missing but the fact we can do it in glimpses tells me we have the players. Oh and the pitch us woeful which utterly hinders us at home. Be better just rolling it flat.

Colin wanker AGAIN. Took him 8 seasons to get us up, and made a total bollocks of it when he did.

2.5 seasons to build his first great team. 2 more seasons to build his promotion team.

Warnock is the reason why Clough needs time.
Time is what he needs, at his appointment we were told it would take three years, trouble is Macadees have stopped a generation or two from knowing what waiting means.

Sorry but every name you mention is another gamble. Adkins got binned at Southampton for whatever reason and look at them ever since he left. Then look at Reading. He got "found out" to use your words. Rosler got "found out" at Wigan? How so? You judge every manager on one appointment but ignore the previous one where he did well? How odd.

Fact is there is no gamble free way forward but in my opinion we aren't far away from where we want to be. Consistency is missing but the fact we can do it in glimpses tells me we have the players. Oh and the pitch us woeful which utterly hinders us at home. Be better just rolling it flat.

Think we'll need to agree to disagree then Bladesway.
Of course, every appointment is a gamble to some extent. However, Adkins record of getting sides out of L1 (3 times!) on smaller budgets than Utd's surely reduces the risk of yet another failure. He got "binned" at Southampton as they felt he'd taken them as far as he could (out of the relegation places in the Prem!) and they had an opportunity to appoint Pochettino. His tenure at Reading was massively impacted by their failed takeover and resulting impact on playing budget. I'm not saying he did a particularly good job there and perhaps should have jumped before he was pushed but there were obvious mitigating circumstances. In the time he has been out of work, he has proactively visited multiple clubs across Europe to broaden his knowledge and completed professional qualifications - it is certainly worth reading about if you're not already aware.
Rosler whilst doing a decent job at Brentford (albeit one without a promotion), he had an excellent backroom staff (inc. his successor) and ambitious chairman and was understandably poached. Under no circumstances though could have been judged to have done a good job at Wigan and was sacked with them under real threat of relegation.
One thing missing from your critique of my post is detail of what you'd do - please enlighten us. By the sounds of it you'd perhaps like NC to be given more time and budget. I'm sorry but the recruitment, performances, negative approach and results inc. us being ~30 points from the top, have convinced me that he's not the right man to take us up and onwards.
I don't disagree with your point that we are missing consistency but feel the reason for that is that we don't have the players. We are totally missing a spine to the side - no natural CBs, no size, physicality or presence in midfield and we are still missing that elusive prolific striker - it appears the extremely limited network from which he recruits doesn't contain any that would be available. Only 1 person can be held responsible for that especially when you consider the budget he’s been given this season.

I'm sure every blades fan will remember last season NC could do no wrong, we had the cup runs, we had the best run without loosing, and we were all happy with how things were going, this season as you know we had another great cup run but league not so good and yes most fans are disgruntled, we should not be talking about replacing manager we shoul be backing what we have now, yes results have been inconsistent but hey all things in life are like that, good times bad times, we just need to pick our selfs up and carry on, I'm sure the manager and team will do this. UTB

I was quite surprised to read yesterday on another thread that Clough doesn't really mix with the players day to day. It made me think of Warnock in that documentary and how close he was to his squad, especially at the end where he was pissed off and said something like "I'd die for you fuckers". He meant it as well.

Would he chuff. Old Neil was only ever looking out for one person.

Neil Warnock gets teams out of the division they are in.

We would not be where we are now, if we had kept NW.

NW & NC are not everyones cup of tea - Neil GETS RESULTS.

Perhaps some fans are not that desperate enough yet - how about another 2 managerial failures (after Clough) in this division, spread over the next 4 years and I bet you are all gagging to get NW back.

This is NOT is support of NW - it's in support of getting out of this shit division. No one and I really mean no one on here has the slightest inclination of picking an unemployed manager or employed (and available) and can categorically say he will get us promotion - one thing is certain, we would have more chance with Colin.

UTB

Neil Warnock gets teams out of the division they are in.

We would not be where we are now, if we had kept NW.

NW & NC are not everyones cup of tea - Neil GETS RESULTS.

Perhaps some fans are not that desperate enough yet - how about another 2 managerial failures (after Clough) in this division, spread over the next 4 years and I bet you are all gagging to get NW back.

This is NOT is support of NW - it's in support of getting out of this shit division. No one and I really mean no one on here has the slightest inclination of picking an unemployed manager or employed (and available) and can categorically say he will get us promotion - one thing is certain, we would have more chance with Colin.

UTB

Not sure I am sold that he is the way forward, however a Warnock and Morgan gives me more hope than the current set up.

Colin wanker AGAIN. Took him 8 seasons to get us up, and made a total bollocks of it when he did.

Getting relegated on goal diff on the last game of the season is hardly total bollocks, esp as our best striker broke his leg. Would he have been seen as the messiah if Danny Webber's shot had gone in off the post? Fine margins.

He's not the finest manager we've ever had but in my life time is the second most successful one we have had.

Not sure I am sold that he is the way forward, however a Warnock and Morgan gives me more hope than the current set up.

I agree - but as posted before - if we "try" 2 other choices and spend another bucket load of wasted money and are STILL in this division in 4 years time, the whole club could be in meltdown.

Football finances do not allow many to go on the way we are going and to still be trying the same "failures" in years to come.

Clough should have been the savior, if he does not get us up, then the shit will just hit the fan again.

The prospects if he does not are unimaginable.

UTB

To be fair all this thrashing about with sack cloth and ashes is because were in the third tier, Warnock was fortunate enough to catch us is in the second.
No new manager will be given the luxury of a second season by some fans, from now on it'll be either top two or fall on your sword ......
Oh dear .........:(

To be fair all this thrashing about with sack cloth and ashes is because were in the third tier, Warnock was fortunate enough to catch us is in the second.
No new manager will be given the luxury of a second season by some fans, from now on it'll be either top two or fall on your sword ......

I am sure they would if improvement was seen, however we seem to be going the other way. Let's hope Nige can pull something out of his backside.

I think that the board will give Clough next season unless we miss the play offs by a wide margin or get stuffed in the two legs.

Big problem for Clough would be being 2-0 down after 20 minutes in the first game of next season.

Getting relegated on goal diff on the last game of the season is hardly total bollocks, esp as our best striker broke his leg. Would he have been seen as the messiah if Danny Webber's shot had gone in off the post? Fine margins.

He's not the finest manager we've ever had but in my life time is the second most successful one we have had.
And who scored the goal who sent us down?? Oh yea, yet another player who warnock fell out with. What a master stroke that was.

And who scored the goal who sent us down?? Oh yea, yet another player who warnock fell out with. What a master stroke that was.

The same player that missed a penalty for us against Blackburn earlier in the same season you mean?

Jags should never have played volley ball in the box and Unsworth wouldn't have had a penalty to take.

How about bringing Neil home by giving him a contract until the end of the season with a substantial (retirement) bonus for getting us promoted?. This will give the team and hopefully a lift to get us up a division. We have enough players who can do the job for us if they are suitably motivated. Neil is as good as anyone at motivating and getting teams promoted.
Making the employment term until the end of season will also give the board time to get the next manager selected without having to make a rushed, panic choice to save the season.

I know that Neil is not every one's cup of tea but I recon that most of our fans wouldn't trust Nigel to put the kettle on these days!
Isnt that a rushed .panic choice bringing warnock back at last minute maybe bring him back at sometime early next season if n/c doesnt get us promoted

maybe bring him back at sometime early next season if n/c doesnt get us promoted

and that post all started so sensibly too.

I know it's one of the unwritten rules of the forum (No 16: Lose at home in third tier. Call for Warnock to return) but how old will he have to be before we can just remember him as a former manager rather than a potential new one?

Back
Top Bottom