Blades Jet Off to Spain.....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ryanair only have that statistic because they over estimate their flight times so much so that in the event of any delays at take off, they are able to still make it "on time" or if they take off on time then they arrive really early. For example They quote 3hr 10 mins from LBA to Malaga when in reality its 2hr 30 / 2hr 4tops.

All airlines do it, but ryanair does it to the extreme.

Reactions: Dkc
Ryanair only have that statistic because they over estimate their flight times so much so that in the event of any delays at take off, they are able to still make it "on time" or if they take off on time then they arrive really early. For example They quote 3hr 10 mins from LBA to Malaga when in reality its 2hr 30 / 2hr 4tops.

All airlines do it, but ryanair does it to the extreme.

its about arrival times , not length of flight
I fly regularly to Alicante and it can vary from 2 hours 15 with a tail wind to 2 hours 55 flying into the wind and dependant where traffic control send them

just checked jet 2 and they give 3 hours 5 minutes as the flight time from leaving to arriving from east midlands , so add on 5 for leeds so they give same window
http://www.jet2.com/en/cheap-flight...a?from=2016-07-16&adults=2&children&infants=0

so once again ryanair getting accused of doing something all the other operators do
be saying they are the only airline to charge for stowed luggage next , which was another myth

and its to allow more for getting a slot from being towed to taking off, which can vary wildly

Last edited:
Flown both, the seats aren't the greatest but better than the old reclining ones, especially Monarch (wouldn't reccommend comfort-wise for long haul though).
came back last week on one of the new jets which have really thin seats now adding 3 to 4 inches to leg room , was very nice

came back last week on one of the new jets which have really thin seats now adding 3 to 4 inches to leg room , was very nice

They are better in terms of leg room. Personally I'm not sure why anyone would feel the need to recline on a short haul flight, but thats just me. So ditching those sort of seats is a definate plus.

They are better in terms of leg room. Personally I'm not sure why anyone would feel the need to recline on a short haul flight, but thats just me. So ditching those sort of seats is a definate plus.
most of ryanairs flights are under 3 hours , so it less than a coach from sheffield to london
I can put up with them being practical rather than luxuriant for cheaper flights
once took me twice as long to get to birmingham airport due to the M42 than the flight took

most of ryanairs flights are under 3 hours , so it less than a coach from sheffield to london
I can put up with them being practical rather than luxuriant for cheaper flights
once took me twice as long to get to birmingham airport due to the M42 than the flight took

They're basically just a bus to get you to where you want to go aren't they? Some of the twats you get on the flights bother me a lot more than the quality of the planes themselves.

Funny you should mention delays. Normally we get a Taxi door to door. But we took an extra trip to Faro last November, so we decided to park at Manchester Airport, getting the shuttle bus into the airport itself. Going was fine, but coming back was a nightmare. The shuttle bus broke down on the way back to the car. The flight back from Faro was about two and three quarter hours, it took us almost that again to get back to the car!

Reactions: Dkc
easyJet rules!!!

(Am I allowed to actively promote my employer is that a banning offence?)
I used to fly Easyjet quite a lot and I can't remember ever having a problem; never late, never cancelled, unlike BA who've stitched me up and sent me to Gatwick instead of Heathrow and five hours late.

its about arrival times , not length of flight
I fly regularly to Alicante and it can vary from 2 hours 15 with a tail wind to 2 hours 55 flying into the wind and dependant where traffic control send them

just checked jet 2 and they give 3 hours 5 minutes as the flight time from leaving to arriving from east midlands , so add on 5 for leeds so they give same window
http://www.jet2.com/en/cheap-flight...a?from=2016-07-16&adults=2&children&infants=0

so once again ryanair getting accused of doing something all the other operators do
be saying they are the only airline to charge for stowed luggage next , which was another myth

and its to allow more for getting a slot from being towed to taking off, which can vary wildly

Well what a silly fucker I am eh? Who would have thought that length of time they allow for a flight has no direct correlation to the time you land at your destination eh.... thanks for pointing that out for me

They're basically just a bus to get you to where you want to go aren't they?!

best way to look at it, treat it like its a bus, ,
as to knobheads on flights my worst ever was on a british airways to las vegas , a stag do , that they had to land in newfoundland to throw them off

Well what a silly fucker I am eh? Who would have thought that length of time they allow for a flight has no direct correlation to the time you land at your destination eh.... thanks for pointing that out for me

you sdaid ryanair made up a flight time , I was pointing out its the same made up time jet 2 monarch and easyjet give
it allows for apron time too

best way to look at it, treat it like its a bus, ,
as to knobheads on flights my worst ever was on a british airways to las vegas , a stag do , that they had to land in newfoundland to throw them off

Ms Crab likes to fly Friday early and come back Sunday late, basically getting an extra day more or less. Unfortunately at least as far as Portugal flights go, these times I call Peak Knobhead, especially the Stags.

Bert once flew 450 miles in a 300 seat Airbus, he was one of only two passengers. With the lack of passengers and luggage it took off after about 100 yards down the runway.

Bert once flew 450 miles in a 300 seat Airbus, he was one of only two passengers. With the lack of passengers and luggage it took off after about 100 yards down the runway.

Weird, I was reading an article yesterday about an american who was the sole person on a flight in American from Atlanta to Somewhere or other - Apperently has only happened a handful of times in recorded history.

I would pass the time by changing seats every few monutes to discover which was the best :D

Weird, I was reading an article yesterday about an american who was the sole person on a flight in American from Atlanta to Somewhere or other - Apperently has only happened a handful of times in recorded history.

I would pass the time by changing seats every few monutes to discover which was the best :D

It was a Thomson flight inside Cuba from Holguin to Varadero, they had unexpectedly changed the schedules and mucked Bert around so Bert and his colleague got special permission to take the flight for free. The crew were off duty having just flown from Manchester, they were all sat with their feet up. They all were amazed when Bert and his mate boarded the plane as were the airport staff at Varadero.

I recently flew on an internal flight in the US with only seven people on the flight. The stewardess before take off, asked us all to move to the back of the plane to even the weight up. Couldn't quite work that out, unless the luggage was at the front of the plane, or the pilot and co-pilot were extremely obese :)
Talking about knob head passengers. Why do people have have to get so pissed prior/during flights? They just get louder and louder and the language gets worse. No regard for anyone else on the flight.

I once took a flight to Japan (with ANA) on a 747 as 1 of only 2 passengers, so we had 4 cabin crew each!
Sounds a ridiculous story but is true and the reason was due to the number of Japanese tourist travelling to the UK and apparently it was common to fly an (almost) empty aircraft back to Japan rather than parking it at Heathrow for a week or so!
It was all a bit surreal mind!
I also was 1 of only 15 passengers on a brand new Air China A340 on a flight to Taiwan a couple of years ago!

I once took a flight to Japan (with ANA) on a 747 as 1 of only 2 passengers, so we had 4 cabin crew each!
Sounds a ridiculous story but is true and the reason was due to the number of Japanese tourist travelling to the UK and apparently it was common to fly an (almost) empty aircraft back to Japan rather than parking it at Heathrow for a week or so!
It was all a bit surreal mind!
I also was 1 of only 15 passengers on a brand new Air China A340 on a flight to Taiwan a couple of years ago!

Bert was once the only passenger in a 1938 Tiger Moth.

JD is doomed to forever be on crowded planes with the morbidly obese and toddlers who urgently need Ritalin.

Back
Top Bottom