Blades footage Archives.. Share a video

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Glory Days...

Or not, as it happens.

Easily the best side we've had in my lifetime. Great idea selling Deane and Fjortoft on the same day :mad:

ended up 6th and losing play off semi finalists.

We ended up playing 4 games in 8 days at the end of the season.

That clip of Cantona... cameras on John Street?

Cheers Bianca some good memries there - and some not so good ;)

Those two Cov fans! What a pair of fucking Bell-ends they were! Arrogant tossers.

Wonder if that old feller is still around who went to Wembley for our last FA Cup triumph - given his age then it's a bit of a long shot.

Bobby Ford - the powerhouse in midfield eh? Wow!

We did used to have a special media section/feature precisely for this.... That no bugger other than me used :)

Glory Days...

I was only 8 at the time but that p/o final is still the worst one of the lot. Ipswich away, their player trying to push Walker out of the way and it looks like their player spat at Fjortoff and someone else at the end.

Just been on youtube and found this clip from our 97/98 FA Cup Run

Please share yours...

Doesn't have to be of the Blades doing the good stuff, for example. Step up Sir Eric of Cantona

How have I never seen the FA Cup video?? Absolutely fantastic!! Best day of my footballing life that Coventry game, and like the t'old lad said at the end "we won't stop dreaming"
UTB

Ipswich away... One of best games ever...

Everyone expected them to do us after the draw at the lane.. Katchuro put paid to that early doors and then the early summer sun started setting over their stand just to the left of where we were and added such atmosphere. A corrugated iron stand that worked for noise levels and great Blades fans chomping for a trip to wembley..

Other memories..

Some scrapping after the game as they got cross with our incredulous celebrations as we walked to the station. Swiftly dealt with.

Put a bet on in some pokey corner bookies in their tea stand and couldn't find the bookie after. So had to cash it in at Baker Street on the way to wembley and blame that as a jinx.

The spitter was that Argie tarrichio who I think as gone on to coach somewhere and an absolute git. Distasteful coward.

Best moment walkers goal apart from the extremely attractive MILF ( before anyone knew what that meant) behind me and yes when we scored I got a reight cuddle.. If that were you and you're on here then please know you've featured regularly in my dreams...

Vass Borbokis debut and the second coming of Deano.

And you wont find 5 better penalties that these...

Last edited:
Whenever people slag Warnock off ,remember who put Brown and McCall together ,Brown should never have left he was never as good again ,but would always make my all time Utd X1 with Currie in midfield.

Think he'd ditched them to sign for us at the time so he was pretty much hated down there!

He was. But that match - speaking with a lot of Mushers afterward and loads who watched it on Sky (including massive Blades, of course) they told me what a quality player Brownie was. He tore that midfield apart, popped up in the box, made chances, got stuck in and scored the winner. Brilliant player in his time.

pommpey

I was at that match. Browny ran them ragged. He was superb, even all the Pompey fans agreed.

pommpey

I heard the commentary on Radio 5 live on my way to a night shift. I think the summariser was Ray Houghton and he said it was the best away performance he'd seen that season .... great tribute !

A few years after Bobby Robson took over at Ipswich we gave them a 7 nil tonking at the Lane. Yorkshire TV showed highlights of it the next day. Does footage of that still exist?

A few years after Bobby Robson took over at Ipswich we gave them a 7 nil tonking at the Lane. Yorkshire TV showed highlights of it the next day. Does footage of that still exist?
when I wrote to YTV in 1993 asking for them to produce a video of Blades goals on YTV from 1968 (also wrote to Andy Daykin at SUFC) and then in the end YTV produced a video of Blades goals on YTV from 1968 to 1981 and I was surprised that the 7 goals against Ipswich were not in it so I wrote to YTV asking why the 7 goals werent included, they wrote back saying that the footage of the Ipswich game (think the 1st half was in colour but the poor floodlighting gave probs to the picture quality and the 2nd half was in B & W- saw Woody's 3rd and 4th goal in Saint and Greavsie programme in Nov 1991) were of poor quality so they decided not to include the goals against Ipswich. I wouldnt have been bothered about the picture quality as it would have been great to see all the 7 goals again!

Posted this on another thread as well. Poor quality, but funny. I think it's from the FA-cup match at Norwich in January 1997, lost 0-1.

Watching that video just sums up the 23/24 season in a nutshell.

Back
Top Bottom