Billy and Daniel

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

if we don't sort out midfield, no one will score next season no matter how many strikers we've got!

Before that we need a new manager and coaches

It was better yesterday, but primarily Everton didn't close us down - which other teams in the prem have done very successfully this season.

We have to lose some players to reduce costs and bring some cash in and therein lies the problem.

Which other clubs want which players - it will be out of the clubs hands IF we have to raise money as the prince has said

Sales have to be made and wages reduced...............first job = new manager.

UTB

Unless we start playing with wingers we should offload Burke, no idea why we signed him, he's clearly not a striker and that's not his fault. I think he could be an excellent winger in the Championship or an awful striker in any league.

Unless we start playing with wingers we should offload Burke, no idea why we signed him, he's clearly not a striker and that's not his fault. I think he could be an excellent winger in the Championship or an awful striker in any league.
I think he'd struggle to be an excellent doorstop going off what we've already seen!

I'm not saying it's going to happen but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he suddenly retired, he looks like being on a football pitch is actually stealing the life out of him.

Facial expression, body language etc are all awful!

If we get a decent offer we probably should accept it. Although I’d be surprised if we did. The new manager might want him as an option, so we can change formation, depending on the opponents and the situation. Same with Freeman, assuming Forest don’t want him. They may both have a role to play next season, depending on how the new bloke sees it.

Now that’s an interesting strike pair for next season with Didsy patrolling all over like he did last night
Jeb is unlikely to be a starter next season, and out of all our options, him an Billy are the two you'd say are similar in style. Both play essentially as No 9's.
McBurnie, Brewster, and Dids all prefer to drop deeper.

Maybe McBurnie and Brewster have had their chance

If we were playing Championship Manager, maybe...

However, in the real world, they're assets we've got £millions tied up in, so any new manager will be under pressure to get them playing...

Tin hat time, but I think there's a player in McBurnie... Old 50p feet though? We've had our pants pulled down with him...

However, in the real world, they're assets we've got £millions tied up in, so any new manager will be under pressure to get them playing...

Tin hat time, but I think there's a player in McBurnie... Old 50p feet though? We've had our pants pulled down with him...
Don’t think either are going to shine

Agree - we cant just take a £10m hit on Brewster & McB, and to be fair we may struggle to move them anyway - even if we took the hit on value, would they find someone who paid them the wages?

Burke - now here lies a different proposition

CW always maintained recruitment was as much about research into the player as whats on the pitch - how the fuck did he get a contract?

Record
Forest - 25 appearances, 6 goals
Leipzig- 25 - 1
WBA - 20 - 0
Celtic - 14 - 4
Alves - 31 - 1
SUFC - 25 - 1
total - 161 - 13

Comment made by RB Liepzig - Despite this early impact, Burke was regularly used as a substitute by Leipzig.[33] Their coaching staff praised his physical attributes, but questioned his tactical awareness.[34]

Combined transfer value of almost £40m

On this one, I would get him out, even if its a couple of mil to clear off the wage bill

Agree - we cant just take a £10m hit on Brewster & McB, and to be fair we may struggle to move them anyway - even if we took the hit on value, would they find someone who paid them the wages?

Burke - now here lies a different proposition

CW always maintained recruitment was as much about research into the player as whats on the pitch - how the fuck did he get a contract?

Record
Forest - 25 appearances, 6 goals
Leipzig- 25 - 1
WBA - 20 - 0
Celtic - 14 - 4
Alves - 31 - 1
SUFC - 25 - 1
total - 161 - 13

Comment made by RB Liepzig - Despite this early impact, Burke was regularly used as a substitute by Leipzig.[33] Their coaching staff praised his physical attributes, but questioned his tactical awareness.[34]

Combined transfer value of almost £40m

On this one, I would get him out, even if its a couple of mil to clear off the wage bill

Being honest, the only way I can see there's potentially a role for him is as an impact sub - especially at Championship level. If it's a cold Tuesday in the rain at BDTBL sticking him on to run at a tired defence.

However, other than that, I'm really struggling to see how he gets a game ahead of the 6/7 forwards we already have.

As has been done to death, Tufty had some real brain farts the past 12 months when it came to transfers and him and Brewster are the ones that ultimately stand out like a pair of Tom Cat's bollocks...

I would be happy with Sharp, Mcgoldrick, Jebison, and, tin hat on, burke!
Sell the rest, get what we can, build a foundation.
With all due respect, talking about keeping Sharp and Didz while selling the rest of our strikers (mostly under 25s), and talking about building a foundation is quite the juxtaposition!

I’d like to think Billy could brought into the coaching setup and not simply cut adrift in the summer. He should know more than any other player, what makes this club tick.
I want him as assistant to Hecky in the under 23s, with a view to becoming manager one day

Maybe McBurnie and Brewster have had their chance
Congratulations, you've completed failed to grasp the point being made. Aside from the nonsense that you've got a 17 year old starting next season, him and Billy are both the same type of player. They've both number 9's they'd get in each others way. They need someone to come deep or wide, to create the space for them.

With all due respect, talking about keeping Sharp and Didz while selling the rest of our strikers (mostly under 25s), and talking about building a foundation is quite the juxtaposition!

Good point, not a great idea to build foundations on crumbling bones - maybe keep Brewster, McB, Jebbi and build on that would have made more sense

And take a 'like' for introducing the word 'juxtaposition' to this forum - to save time Googling = talkin' bollox.

Good point, not a great idea to build foundations on crumbling bones - maybe keep Brewster, McB, Jebbi and build on that would have made more sense

And take a 'like' for introducing the word 'juxtaposition' to this forum - to save time Googling = talkin' bollox.
It's a bloody tough dilemma though! Kids v Proven...

Didzy is by far our best striker, so i'm not saying scrapheap him, we may well need him! In the end, I feel like we might keep them all as we'll struggle to ship them out for the right fees... but i would imagine sharp will take a captain/mentor/coaching role.. didzy will be used more sparingly or as a CAM, and we will trust more in the big money players/Jebbo as 1st team forwards

The word was first used on the forum in 2010 - mind you, some of the spelling in the post was a bit dodgy ;)

"Favourite Cover Songs

...he was probably too addled by that stage to have much control over anything) strips out the nuance, replaces it with naughty words and coupules the punkish remaining lyrics with punk music losing the juxtaposition of content and context which is, for me, one of the selling points of the original."

I’d like to think Billy could brought into the coaching setup and not simply cut adrift in the summer. He should know more than any other player, what makes this club tick.

Sharp the new Player Manager.

Back
Top Bottom