Billy and Daniel

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Maybe McBurnie and Brewster have had their chance
Maybe Jeb was lucky enough to play in the only team of the season that was set up to attack and defend as a team. Maybe McB and Brewster would have had more success if they weren’t isolated up top, while we hoofed aimless balls up to them and then didn’t support them from midfield. Maybe maybe, we will never know now.
I can see Brewster dropping deep and threading through balls to Jeb, while McG buzzes around as a CAM.

Maybe Jeb was lucky enough to play in the only team of the season that was set up to attack and defend as a team. Maybe McB and Brewster would have had more success if they weren’t isolated up top, while we hoofed aimless balls up to them and then didn’t support them from midfield. Maybe maybe, we will never know now.
I can see Brewster dropping deep and threading through balls to Jeb, while McG buzzes around as a CAM.
Has it occurred to you, and others, that the reason some of our strikers are, as you say, isolated, is because the collective effort of certain members of our offensive line to break free is, technical term this, Bobbar 😀.

That they lack mobility. Of any kind !!

That they do not “offer” in to space to break free of marking opponents ?

If the answer to this is a big fat “NO not really”, I suggest you have another look 👀.

UTB

I think he'd struggle to be an excellent doorstop going off what we've already seen!

I'm not saying it's going to happen but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he suddenly retired, he looks like being on a football pitch is actually stealing the life out of him.

Facial expression, body language etc are all awful!

I've thought the same, he seems a bit autistic to me

With all due respect, talking about keeping Sharp and Didz while selling the rest of our strikers (mostly under 25s), and talking about building a foundation is quite the juxtaposition!
Hats off there, not seen that word used ever!
When I say build a foundation, i mean in general, we sell all our good young uns, it's what we have always done to balance the books. We are a business. Imagine if we said, hang on, let's keep all the young uns with potential for a few years and see what happens.
Keeping didzy and sharp was for the championship, Christ we can not rely on Mcburnie and Brewster can we?
Not sure they will give us much bouncebackability or confidencebuildism....
Anyway, that's why I love football, we all have different views but want he same outcome.
UTB

Next season we should stick with McG, Brewster and McB - all of these have have proven themselves in the Championship. And then Jebbinson off the bench and vying with the others for starts.

Sharp - player coaching role.

Sales - Burke and Mousset

McB - could be sold if a decent offer comes in from Swansea, Wolves. But I think next season with a new manager and a clean slate he can be a good player for us.

Jebbison needs to be handled carefully to ensure he doesn't burn himself out and to keep expectations in check.

I think we have great depth and quality in that position. Despite the common opinion here.. in Brester, McBurnie, Sharp, and McGoldrick in particular we have very cyber food championship strikers with the first two having potential to step back up and become premier league strikers

I think Mousset is a shoe in to leave with regard a to Burke it’s a interesting one. He’s not up to standard we all know that but depending on the new managers preferences he may be important unless we replace him..

the options are

343/433

I’m sure SJ if he’s appointed preferrers a front 3 which leaves us with an issue.. I don’t think we have those wide forwards bar Mousset or Burke..

I can see Didsy as a advanced midfielder so that’s him, then the No9 between Brewster, McBurnie and Sharp. DJ to go out on Loan to another Championship team?

Jeb is going to be the real deal ,18 in the summer if your good enough your old enough ,reaction of the players to him tells you all you need to know .

Congratulations, you've completed failed to grasp the point being made. Aside from the nonsense that you've got a 17 year old starting next season, him and Billy are both the same type of player. They've both number 9's they'd get in each others way. They need someone to come deep or wide, to create the space for them.
Getting in each other’s way I don’t think so they would cause mayhem with Didsy just behind them but congratulations for making your point

I can see Brewster sitting on the bench a lot more imho

Back
Top Bottom