Best player at the club?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

For now and the rest of the season, who's the best Premier League player at the club

• Foderingham

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • Baldock

Votes: 64 23.4%
  • Ahmedhodzic

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • Egan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Robinson/JLT

Votes: 18 6.6%
  • Trusty

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Thomas

• Souza

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Norwood

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Hamer

Votes: 46 16.8%
  • Davies (Tom)

• McAtee

Votes: 62 22.6%
  • McBurnie

Votes: 54 19.7%
  • Brewster

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Traore

• Slimane

• Archer

• Osula

• Jebbison

• Larouchi

• Seriki

• Brooks

• Lowe

• Osborn

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • Fleck

• Total voters

Carlton Blade

Reaction score
Not potential, not best career. For now and the rest of the season, who's the best Premier League player at the club?

Based on the season so far (and with the previous prem seasons in the back of my mind) I’ve gone with Baldock. Probably the most consistently decent at this level.

How McBurnie has votes is a bit strange. I see him more as a talismanic figure amongst a pretty rubbish group, rather than being anywhere near the best/most talented player. Sad indictment really.

What a good question

The best PL player at the club ….

That’s tough for so many reasons

I’ll go for …..

There isn’t one

Baldock is the one who I have most faith/confidence in, and its not even close. I rate him very highly and always have done.

I’ve gone for Baldock confidently but the potential of Trusty could be very high, the lad has a lot of potential to do well here for the rest of the season now he’s fortunately for us got a place in the team due to so many injuries.

Voted McAtee myself, I see him as a match winner who could get us some vital goals, assists, and points. But, we are playing him in the wrong position, he’s absolutely wasted playing as a right winger.

Gone with McB think he links the game well and keeps defenders busy and puts a full shift in

I love Baldock and he gets my vote, but for him to be the clear leader shows how we've decimated the squad and not replaced the ageing players since that 2019/20 season. He wouldn't have been in the top 6 or 7 at that time, and he was already 26 years old.

That was such a chance to kick on as a club (and it looked like that was happening until covid hit), but we've clearly gone backwards in terms of players, and I can't really think of another aspect where we've progressed.

I love Baldock and he gets my vote, but for him to be the clear leader shows how we've decimated the squad and not replaced the ageing players since that 2019/20 season. He wouldn't have been in the top 6 or 7 at that time, and he was already 26 years old.

That was such a chance to kick on as a club (and it looked like that was happening until covid hit), but we've clearly gone backwards in terms of players, and I can't really think of another aspect where we've progressed.
Agree with that, not only that, we do things at a snails pace all the way through the club and it gets infectious, something desperately needs to change at the top of the club, a relegation with the same leadership, with roughly the same set of players solves absolutely nothing.

I went for Baldock, but the word 'best' is open for interpretation.

Most technically gifted? Most important player to have on the pitch? Everything combined?

Wes is holding himself up pretty so far with the 71 shots on target he's faced! Quite a few teams with underwhelming goalkeepers so far in the league, whereas it hasn't been an obvious weakness for us so far. Think Onana at Manu, Turner being pretty poor at Forest, Steele, Trafford etc.

Agree with that, not only that, we do things at a snails pace all the way through the club and it gets infectious, something desperately needs to change at the top of the club, a relegation with the same leadership, with roughly the same set of players solves absolutely nothing.
I reckon it solves what gets £400+ of people's money next season. Curry's are going to see some Sheffield profits

Gone for archer, he's clearly gonna have a career with or without us.. He's a finisher..

Back
Top Bottom