Best goals seen at bramall Lane

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Keith Edwards v Bristol Rovers

If they put him on Penn and Teller Fool Us they wouldn't be able to figure out how he did it.

One minute he's heading towards the corner flag with the keeper and a defender closing in, nowhere to go...the next minute he's vanished, defender and keeper are looking at each other trying to work out where he's gone, meanwhile he's appeared in front of the empty net with the ball at his feet.

I don't know if the tale has grown in the telling, but in my memory it's the only time I've ever seen a player punch the air before he put the ball in the net.

Magic. Possibly literally magic.

after Ndiaye stunning solo goal on Saturday. i was thinking putting it on here. what are the best goals we've seen in person. & it always good to reminisce & remember some crackers that we may have forgotten

ill start that goal on Saturday i havent seen a better individual goal of that type since Jamie Murphy took on 5 gillingham player. & scored the winner with what felt like final kick of the game in like the 95th minute

What was good out of any of those 😂

Shame it wasn't filmed ,but if you play the pele one it's virtually the same other than king keith stuck it in the onion bag .

In the interest of preserving harmony within the squad, may I nominate Norwood’s free-kick as my joint favourite goal last Saturday?🤣

If they put him on Penn and Teller Fool Us they wouldn't be able to figure out how he did it.

One minute he's heading towards the corner flag with the keeper and a defender closing in, nowhere to go...the next minute he's vanished, defender and keeper are looking at each other trying to work out where he's gone, meanwhile he's appeared in front of the empty net with the ball at his feet.

I don't know if the tale has grown in the telling, but in my memory it's the only time I've ever seen a player punch the air before he put the ball in the net.

One of my earliest Blades memories. I don’t quite remember the dummy, but I remember his standing on the goal line with both arms in the air before he tapped it in. My dad had to explain to me why he wasn’t offside (I didn’t realise that it was when the ball was played by someone else).

Duffield v Huddersfield (2nd not the penalty obviously).

Once saw Alan Young score a screamer of an overhead kick from (what I remember) as being way out.... mid 1980s. The other thing I remember about him was that he signed for (what was then) big money.... but spent loads of time out injured. Another goal I recall from that era was a mazy run and goal by Steve Wigley... seemed to start from the half way line and beat every opposition player (well maybe not every one!) before scoring at the Lane end. Can't remember the opposition on either occasion (although I'd have a guess that Young's goal might have been against Oxford....)
I was thinking about that Alan Young goal from the edge of area at Bramall Lane end. Pretty sure he got at least 2 that night

Furious for the team goal and the strike, the quality goal from a quality player for the skill, but the memorable one is Saunders as it makes me smile every time.

Dean Saunders
Jags v Leeds and Boro.
Brown v pigs tops the list though.

Jon Harley scored a good one against us at Lane.

Seem to recall Stainrod celebrating (a hat- trick ?) (v Oldham) in similar fashion until the ball stuck in the mud & was cleared ?

Sorry but you have to go back to Tony Fields goal , think it was against Ipswich, sure someone will remember date and time. Not the greatest player but a class above for the goal.

thanks for the video. i got to say i wasnt aware of this but its 15 before i was born 😉😄

Back
Top Bottom