Baxter

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

In an attempted light hearted comment, I thought it was a suitable expression given that his appearance in our midfield seemingly wasn't noticed by Smirth (or he'd got our formation wrong, but he's explained what he meant.).

I can think of a few words I'd call his performance, but quiet is one of the lesser thought of ones!
That formation would be okay with JCR or Adams instead of Woolford.

I like how you substitute a loss for "last minute goal" to suit your agenda.

I don't think Baxter's absence has magically made us any less shite than we were.

We're largely shameful whoever we put out.

And I love how you don’t even know how the team you pretend to support got on. We drew at Barnsley when we conceded the last minute goal Barney. We haven’t lost since Baxter has been out.

And to accuse others of misrepresenting facts to suit their agenda in the same post? Fantastic.

Keep em coming Barn, I don’t care what the others say, I find you extremely entertaining.

Ps. What was the last game you went to before selling your season ticket?

Interesting but not convinced. Che was immaturity (understandable given his age) after being would up by their player.

Baxter a little bit extreme although of course it still could earn him Christmas off with free board in a rather small single room.

McEverley maybe, but believe it or not I have watched it back and it's not quite as bad as I thought. He was looking at the ball and got the faintest of touches (maybe). But, didn't appear to be intent on scything the player down.

It looked more dramatic than it was .... happened right in front of us.

Their player made a real meal by play acting, looked at referee as he was rolling around like a pole-axed piggy and as soon as McEveley was getting carded he "miraculously" recovered sufficiently to take the free kick himself and then continue without the decency to at least have a limp !!

It was a yellow but nowhere near a red, and for the record ...... I don't like McEvely and wouldn't have him in the team whilst the tea-lady can manage a gentle canter !! :rolleyes:

UTB & FTP

It looked more dramatic than it was .... happened right in front of us.

Their player made a real meal by play acting, looked at referee as he was rolling around like a pole-axed piggy and as soon as McEveley was getting carded he "miraculously" recovered sufficiently to take the free kick himself and then continue without the decency to at least have a limp !!

It was a yellow but nowhere near a red, and for the record ...... I don't like McEvely and wouldn't have him in the team whilst the tea-lady can manage a gentle canter !! :rolleyes:

UTB & FTP
I agree ,big fuss over nowt ,mistimed ,over enthusiastic ,slippery surface ,but not malicious like the assaults on Scougall.

I agree ,big fuss over nowt ,mistimed ,over enthusiastic ,slippery surface ,but not malicious like the assaults on Scougall.

Bloody hell yes ..... I don't recall Sky sounding air raid sirens over the brutal challenge that took Scougal out across his rib cage. Admitted he's only a short-arse but it was a wild high challenge and seemed to be acceptable as a Lower League "occupational hazard" !!

UTB & FTP

All you Baxter lovers must now realise he brings nowt to the team, except misplaced or sideways passes, feeble tackling and a crap attitude.We need strength of character to get out of Div 3 not the likes of Baxter, GET RID, I hear a Columbian outfit are interested.

I agree with you ,the 4th man is the vital one ,a floater who can link attack and midfield or go wide. Adams JCR Baxter could trial and error for the role ,JCR did well at Barnsley. All were unavailable on Sunday but Flynn would have been a much better option than Woolford.

I think Adkins will give Woolford a run because of his experience and he trusts him, despite his current form. I don't think the manager has seen the best of Flynn while he's been here.

Woolford has been a good player; Millwall fans spoke well of him in Roybgiv's post and he was very good at Scunny.

One factor we have not seen yet is that Woolford has a goal or two in him.

In his career he has scored in 17% of games he has played in ( 66 in 391 games) and that's good for a winger. ( Sammon 11% in games in England! ) At present his goal attempts keep hitting the keeper e.g. at Scunny, but his luck will change.

I think Adkins will give Woolford a run because of his experience and he trusts him, despite his current form. I don't think the manager has seen the best of Flynn while he's been here.

Woolford has been a good player; Millwall fans spoke well of him in Roybgiv's post and he was very good at Scunny.

One factor we have not seen yet is that Woolford has a goal or two in him.

In his career he has scored in 17% of games he has played in ( 66 in 391 games) and that's good for a winger. ( Sammon 11% in games in England! ) At present his goal attempts keep hitting the keeper e.g. at Scunny, but his luck will change.

I'm not convinced it's bad luck if your shots keep hitting the keeper.

All you Baxter lovers must now realise he brings nowt to the team, except misplaced or sideways passes, feeble tackling and a crap attitude.

I see the Baxter haters have come out of the woodwork again - little objectivity or sense. The above describes most of our players let alone the midfielders. Baxter was the most technically able of them and I think its sad that he lacked the self-discipline to apply it effectively or to conduct himself appropriately. I doubt we will see him in a Blades shirt again and we have reverted to the uninspiring donkeys in midfield. We have turned things round a bit but we won't be as lucky as we have been in those 1-0's all the time. Need to get the cheque book out in January, but I doubt it will come out somehow.

I see the Baxter haters have come out of the woodwork again - little objectivity or sense. The above describes most of our players let alone the midfielders. Baxter was the most technically able of them and I think its sad that he lacked the self-discipline to apply it effectively or to conduct himself appropriately. I doubt we will see him in a Blades shirt again and we have reverted to the uninspiring donkeys in midfield. We have turned things round a bit but we won't be as lucky as we have been in those 1-0's all the time. Need to get the cheque book out in January, but I doubt it will come out somehow.
The harder the midfield work the luckier we get ,funny that.

All you Baxter lovers must now realise he brings nowt to the team, except misplaced or sideways passes, feeble tackling and a crap attitude.We need strength of character to get out of Div 3 not the likes of Baxter, GET RID, I hear a Columbian outfit are interested.

Sorry, but to say he "brings nowt to the team" is a ridiculous thing to say. 7 goals and 7 assists so far - what have the rest of the midfielders done? While I agree that you do need muscle to get out of this league, you also need a bit of quality - which Baxter has.

I'm sure you are delighted he isnt going to play for us again.

I really don't get the need for 'told you so posts' such as Captain

Yes the midfield looks stronger defensively and Baxter's omission has probably helped that. It's also worth noting that we are creating less without him in the side but Adkins has decided this is how he wants to play for now to get the results and I don't blame him.

It's ridiculous to say he offers nothing though, and plainly just incorrect. He's contributed directly to 14 goals this season, that's a healthy amount. With each game that passes it is becoming increasingly likely that we have seen the last of him which I find sad as I like him as a player, but ultimately I support Adkins decision. That doesn't mean I'll pretend he hasn't been contributing to the team so far this season, arguably he's made one of the biggest contributions up to now.

I thought the same about Never Again, but he has put in an appearance in some of the club's recent community efforts so he's not been totally marginalised.

Can't link from my phone but it was on the official site about these workshy wage-stealing lightweights (or whatever the currently preferred form of derision is) visiting a children's hospice, for instance, and Baxter was there.

So not totally persona non grata just yet?

Modern football: maybe he's at an Anger Management and Impulse Control workshop for a couple of weeks. :)

Or maybe they'll get a priest to exorcise his personal demons.

UTMB

We can reduce our playing staff AND raise some money by selling Baxter - THE UNITED WAY. I am pretty sure there would be decent interest in him from leading League One teams.

It's a shame things haven't worked out with Baxter his omission from the team coinsided with probably his most consistent run in the side.
Good passer, good finisher but goes missing for long periods and weak in the tackle to summarise he's a luxury.
He'd probably walk in most L1 sides but whoever takes him on good luck to you he comes with plenty of baggage

It's a shame things haven't worked out with Baxter his omission from the team coinsided with probably his most consistent run in the side.
Good passer, good finisher but goes missing for long periods and weak in the tackle to summarise he's a luxury.
He'd probably walk in most L1 sides but whoever takes him on good luck to you he comes with plenty of baggage

You have to be *that* much better when you're a luxury player and Baxter is not. That said I wouldn't rule him out as a second striker, threading the ball through to Billy.

Back
Top Bottom