Back To Three At The Back?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

idleurchin

International Arm Stealer
Reaction score
Assuming he’s fit and that he starts, will the arrival of Holgate mean CW goes with 3 CB’s and 2 WB’s on Saturday?

That obviously has a knock on effect In terms of the MF and attacking formations.

Assuming he’s fit and that he starts, will the arrival of Holgate mean CW goes with 3 CB’s and 2 WB’s on Saturday?

That obviously has a knock on effect In terms of the MF and attacking formations.

I'm assuming he's been bought so that we don't have to switch formations if Anel gets injured/suspended/gets worse than he's been recently

The last time we were any good (defensively) in the PL, was when we were originally promoted under CW, playing 3 CB’s.

We’re now creating chances again, but we’re still susceptible at the back.

The fact we haven’t signed an actual out and out centre half is baffling

I'd be all for that this season. Try to solidify the defence to keep you in games, frustrate the opposition and try and nick a goal on the break. Try and be more difficult to score against and pick up some points.

The trick is to adapt to to 4 at the back again next season when hopefully we are the hunters rather than the hunted.

The fact we haven’t signed an actual out and out centre half is baffling

I thought (more hoped) that we would have been in for Worrall yesterday too (permanent) so that we were starting to build for next seasons Championship push (rather than signing another temporary stop gap who isn't exactly in form or noted for being an out and out defender who will kick and clear). Oh well...never mind.

Stick him at RB... be better than Bogle defensively. 4 CBs across the back

Back
Top Bottom