Back to back 5 goals

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We talked about this in the pub last night and no-one could remember.

Also when did we last concede 13 goals in 7 days.

Wow, 1978, I was living in the Hope Valley, and I’ve been in the US since 1981… a long time ago!!!

January 1978.

7 January 1978 Blades 0 Arsenal 5 FA Cup
14 January 1978 Blades1 Bolton 5 League

Then just to add to our how bad we were;

21 January 1978 Sunderland 5 Blades 1 League.

So 3 consecutive games where conceded 5. Got sick of Pigs telling the joke "whats the telephone number for SUFC 505151"

It got even worse after that caretaker manager Cec Coldwell was sacked and we appointed Harry Haslam on 26 January and we all know how that worked out. So no its not the most embarrassing time to be a Blade.

Also when did we last concede 13 goals in 7 days.
No idea if it's the last time but we did let in 13 in 3 games between March 1st and 8th 1930.

3-2 defeats against Bolton and Sunderland either side of a 7-5 defeat to Blackburn.

Our 10-3 defeat at Middlesbrough (our worst League defeat before Newcastle this season) came in the middle of a 1-0 win and 1-1 draw, so it's not that.

Last edited:
I was at the arsenal game having travelled over with a couple of friends, non Blades,, think we were 4-0 down at half time in that game as well , painful to say the least.

No idea if it's the last time but we did let in 13 in 3 games between March 1st and 8th 1930.

3-2 defeats against Bolton and Sunderland either side of a 7-5 defeat to Blackburn.

Our 10-3 defeat at Middlesbrough (our worst League defeat before Newcastle this season) came in the middle of a 1-0 win and 1-1 draw, so it's not that.

I remember that 10-3 defeat at Middlesbrough.

We had some 'big moments' in that match, scoreline could have been a whole lot different.

Luton have just put 4 past both Brighton and Newcastle. Teams who put 5 and 8 past us.

Next two games might add to those scary figures,Morris' Luton away and Pedro's Brighton home.

January 1978.

So 3 consecutive games where conceded 5. Got sick of Pigs telling the joke "whats the telephone number for SUFC 505151"

It got even worse after that caretaker manager Cec Coldwell was sacked and we appointed Harry Haslam on 26 January and we all know how that worked out. So no its not the most embarrassing time to be a Blade.
Coldwell wasnt sacked. He was the caretaker manager and remained at the club as one of the coaches until Porterfield didnt want him

With the lack of any leadership or bottle running through the team (they have a collective yellow streak longer than a whale with diarrhea) then who fucking knows how many more gangbangs we are going to suffer this season.

All I know is that I can't wait for this seasons shit show to end and then I want most of the fuckers to be driven out of Sheffield. They won't be welcomed back. Gutless fuckers.

With the lack of any leadership or bottle running through the team (they have a collective yellow streak longer than a whale with diarrhea) then who fucking knows how many more gangbangs we are going to suffer this season.

All I know is that I can't wait for this seasons shit show to end and then I want most of the fuckers to be driven out of Sheffield. They won't be welcomed back. Gutless fuckers.
Be nice if the usual suspects didn't win the play in a Premier league game competition everytime.

To be fair once you go down to 10 at this level, you’re cooked.

Doing it with about 90 minutes including stoppages to play is simply irresponsible to be kind.

January 1978.

Wasn't that when Owls fans idea of a joke was "What's the time?" "Five past Brown". 🙄

15 goals conceded in 3 home games!!!
And these fucking clowns are still getting paid!!😂

Remember the posh bloke who read the full time scores on BBC?

He always used to sound surprised and go higher pitched whenever he said a high score of like 5 or above.

He would probably just say our results with no expression nowadays as it's not suprising anymore.

Back
Top Bottom