Bénie Traoré

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He might be worth a shot in the championship. He needs bulk up but he's got pace and might be a decent goalscorer in the championship. Unless we can offload him and take a small loss. Could be a super sub to run at tired defenders and cause problems. Or he might be gash! 😂
I'm on record on this forum (somewhere) saying that we should have used Oli Burke as a starter just to knacker defenders. Sure the bloke doesn't know how to kick a ball, but he is rapid and would have tired out some poor fuckers.

I'm on record on this forum (somewhere) saying that we should have used Oli Burke as a starter just to knacker defenders. Sure the bloke doesn't know how to kick a ball, but he is rapid and would have tired out some poor fuckers.
Had you been drinking?

If Nantes don't sign him permanently (unlikely) I think he deserves a preseason with us.

I know different levels but he's scared fairly comfortably in Swedish league, international youth level and our U21s this year alone.

If we do decide to play with wide forwards next season then I think there could be some use for him.

If Nantes don't sign him permanently (unlikely) I think he deserves a preseason with us.

I know different levels but he's scared fairly comfortably in Swedish league, international youth level and our U21s this year alone.

If we do decide to play with wide forwards next season then I think there could be some use for him.
There’s a possibility that players don’t hit the ground running.

In no way am I talking about ability but Thierry Henry took half a season to get going if I recall correctly.

It may be that dropping down a level and having a Wilder pre-season is what is needed for Slimane and Traore.

Never seen a £5m player look more out of depth in English football. As you said what scouting went into it? He’s not quick, strong or skillful. The first game we all saw he you could tell he was miles off it.

I’d have rather us spent that money on a above average championship striker or a Conor Chaplin type
Wilder got criticised for Brexit football.

So the club decided to go down another path of signing from abroad. With out an extensive overseas recruitment team it’s always massively risky.

The signings that have worked like Anel at least had played in England before and had the likes of Jack Lester saying… had in him academy etc etc.

You’re right we should have taken gambles on players from championship / league one. Then when we go down we at least know they are capable.

We know Traore is absolutely terrible and we don’t know if it’s league one or league two level.

I'm willing to give Slimane and Traore a clean slate in the Championship. Souza can do one. I can handle players who are just not good enough, but might be for the division below. I can't abide laziness. De Souza is a toxic presence on the pitch and I can't wait to see the back of him.

im not sure either will be good enough or strong enough for the championship but we might have no option but to keep em and see what happens

I think the speed he was moved out and with a buy out included suggests his future here isn't going to be long. I suspect another loan with view to buy

I agree ☝️

He's clearly an awful footballer but I've always thought there's a space in a squad for ridiculous pace.

Considering we start sitting really deep after about 20 minutes, going even deeper if we take the lead, while the opposition defence sit comfortably on the half way line, at least someone like Burke would force them to move back 10-20 yards opening up space in our half and giving our players an extra second or two.

The premier league is full of strong fast athletic players. Most of them can even play football too. We probably have a couple of athletes and a couple of footballers in the squad and that's it. Another athlete wouldn't have gone amiss.

Wilder got criticised for Brexit football.

So the club decided to go down another path of signing from abroad. With out an extensive overseas recruitment team it’s always massively risky.

The signings that have worked like Anel at least had played in England before and had the likes of Jack Lester saying… had in him academy etc etc.

You’re right we should have taken gambles on players from championship / league one. Then when we go down we at least know they are capable.

We know Traore is absolutely terrible and we don’t know if it’s league one or league two level.
After watching football for 60 odd years, I think i can tell a good un from a bad un, ( no I'm not the biggest blade or the most knowledgeable) I can only say what I see. And from that poor old Beni would struggle to get in Barnets team, not his fault, its the stupid bastards what scouted and eventually signed him!!

After watching football for 60 odd years, I think i can tell a good un from a bad un, ( no I'm not the biggest blade or the most knowledgeable) I can only say what I see. And from that poor old Beni would struggle to get in Barnets team, not his fault, its the stupid bastards what scouted and eventually signed him!!
Agreed.

Scoring goals in some random league and ends up in the PL is amazing. Bet the lad cannot believe his luck.

If he's here, he needs to start with a L1 loan, along with Osula.

Arblaster took a few Port Vale games for it to be clear he was miles too good for that level. If either of them bangs goals in, they come back in January, full of confidence.

He might be worth a shot in the championship. He needs bulk up but he's got pace and might be a decent goalscorer in the championship. Unless we can offload him and take a small loss. Could be a super sub to run at tired defenders and cause problems. Or he might be gash! 😂
Yep he will be able to run between the big defenders legs I suppose?

This guy is miles off.

Doesn’t sound like Nantes will be taking up their option so we are stuck with him. Effectively swapping BBD place for him!

The difference is huge

Tin hat at the ready; I would give all the pre seasons signing a go in the Champ.
Tin hat on; I think Souza would be an asset if CW can get him fit and up for it (and note that is the problem).
I did say pre season, as there is an exception, Ivo, who is without doubt the worst ‘keeper‘ I have ever seen and must go…

At least he has has managed to keep himself fit this season, more than about half the squad, if he is playing regularly he might actually get better. You can’t develop as a player if you are always injured

Tin hat at the ready; I would give all the pre seasons signing a go in the Champ.
Tin hat on; I think Souza would be an asset if CW can get him fit and up for it (and note that is the problem).
I did say pre season, as there is an exception, Ivo, who is without doubt the worst ‘keeper‘ I have ever seen and must go…

Too many losers - ~I'd be up for a huge clearout. We did not do it last time and suffered a hangover. I'd transfer list about 4 or 5 players personally as well as all those out of contract/on loan. Last time I heard people say we cannot make so many changes/bring so many in/clear so many out. Well I'd argue after the stench of this season, we cannot afford not to do that this time.

I'd send all the loans back

I'd sell Anel, Souza (delighted if we get 10-15 million for the pair)

Out of all those who deals are up, would give Bogle a deal, probably Egan too, offer Osborn maybe a cheap deal and McBurnie on a pay and play deal. Baldock will move on as much as I love him - we will not keep him and Bogle and not sure I'd be fussed if Jebbison went (only reason to resign is so we can sell on for me). The rest will move on and rightly so.

I'd transfer list Grbic, Traore, Slimane and Trusty - if we get anything close to a million for any of them we have done well.

Means we are left with not a lot in terms of players who could be seen as first teamers or around the first team and mean we need to sign around 10 players (5 starters) to be even be contending for the top 6. As it stands I think it will be a huge season of rebuild and we will do well to stay away from the bottom reaches but depends on players we get in....

Starters

Bogle
Egan
Robinson
Arblaster
Hamer
McBurnie

Back ups

Osborn
Osula

Forgot Brewster - think there is a reason for that. Another I would move on - even if on loan. He is part of the losing/injury stench we are saddled with

Too many losers - ~I'd be up for a huge clearout. We did not do it last time and suffered a hangover. I'd transfer list about 4 or 5 players personally as well as all those out of contract/on loan. Last time I heard people say we cannot make so many changes/bring so many in/clear so many out. Well I'd argue after the stench of this season, we cannot afford not to do that this time.

I'd send all the loans back

I'd sell Anel, Souza (delighted if we get 10-15 million for the pair)

Out of all those who deals are up, would give Bogle a deal, probably Egan too, offer Osborn maybe a cheap deal and McBurnie on a pay and play deal. Baldock will move on as much as I love him - we will not keep him and Bogle and not sure I'd be fussed if Jebbison went (only reason to resign is so we can sell on for me). The rest will move on and rightly so.

I'd transfer list Grbic, Traore, Slimane and Trusty - if we get anything close to a million for any of them we have done well.

Means we are left with not a lot in terms of players who could be seen as first teamers or around the first team and mean we need to sign around 10 players (5 starters) to be even be contending for the top 6. As it stands I think it will be a huge season of rebuild and we will do well to stay away from the bottom reaches but depends on players we get in....

Starters

Bogle
Egan
Robinson
Arblaster
Hamer
McBurnie

Back ups

Osborn
Osula

needing two new keepers,
I think there's a lot of emotion in the prices you've said you'd take there.

Shows the size of the task when you've listed 6 starters and I'd say there's big question marks over whether 5 of them will be at the club next season.

I can see the first half of the season feeling like an early round League Cup tie with 11 players who aren't used to playing together struggling to gel. Having said that, I hope we don't use that as an excuse to keep more players than we should.

Back
Top Bottom