Attendance

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Who are you kidding ,its football we are on about. You actually think by boycotting a game you will have any effect whatsoever on the game ? Give me a few beers and a good Utd game any day of the week. Who are you concerned for anyway ?

Are you really this simple?

If this competition falls flat on it's arse they aren't going to progress to bringing B teams into the league, if it's a success then that will be the progression.

It's not just boycotting a game, its every game, by fans of every club in every round.

But hey, you be selfish, enjoy your fucking game of football, fuck the the importance of the issue here, yeah?

If this competition falls flat on it's arse they aren't going to progress to bringing B teams into the league, if it's a success then that will be the progression.

It's not just boycotting a game, its every game, by fans of every club in every round.

But hey, you be selfish, enjoy your fucking game of football, fuck the the importance of the issue here, yeah?
I'll gladly discuss this with you but so far , Im simple ,thick ,selfish and non caring for going to a football match. Ive told you what I think of the issue Im for the change ,you've avoided the question btw ,who are you worried for ?

Im off now ,not avoiding you, back later x

So how would the integration of B teams into the league structure work in reality? Would the Football League just announce that it is what they have decided to do without any consultation with FL clubs or would there be a vote by FL club members? I would imagine that most FL clubs would be against it and would vote that way.

Again, you are unable to see the bigger picture. It's not about preferring a good match or being a Unitedite it's about saving the integrity of the English game, a far more important issue than a few fucking beers and a game of football.

Email Greg Dyke not us . Were just pawns . Swearing just lost the argument. Sorry

And what happens when we get into a situation of Sheffield United v Sheffield Wednesday B

Will that be all about a few beers and a game of football? No it will be the biggest embarrassment the club has ever had and would never be lived down.

And if we get to that, which we could next season, just remember that your attendance last night endorsed it.

Think you will find its a cup competition ,just don't get it do you.
He is right ,it's testing the water, they will have B teams at a heartbeat if they sniff out an opportunity, then they will suck more lifeblood out of us , more DKL going to feed their accadamies

And what happens when we get into a situation of Sheffield United v Sheffield Wednesday B

Will that be all about a few beers and a game of football? No it will be the biggest embarrassment the club has ever had and would never be lived down.

And if we get to that, which we could next season, just remember that your attendance last night endorsed it.

And here is the final fuck you to Sheffield United should this happen, a point well made and an issue rammed home with style, we would never live it down, sadly mcabe would just see the potential big crowd and be happy with us getting humiliated.. Dark days when we want to watch a 0/0 draw with a B team playing our first team, then defend the debacle... We're loosing the plot..

He is right ,it's testing the water, they will have B teams at a heartbeat if they sniff out an opportunity, then they will suck more lifeblood out of us , more DKL going to feed their accadamies
It would have to be voted in by the clubs in the FL. Only a vote would allowfor such a thing to happen.
More worrying is the extra point penalty kick system.
That's an American idea because a contest HAS to have a winner.
Complain about this more!

So how would the integration of B teams into the league structure work in reality? Would the Football League just announce that it is what they have decided to do without any consultation with FL clubs or would there be a vote by FL club members? I would imagine that most FL clubs would be against it and would vote that way.

This is how they will get in...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36335384

You could use the same argument about going to BL keeps McCabe in place. Which one day someone will come up with no doubt.

The competition falling flat on its arse - which I hope it does - won't stop the PL pushing their agenda.

It would have to be voted in by the clubs in the FL. Only a vote would allowfor such a thing to happen.

Same as everything else "gets in". Bribery or threats. There are enough corrupt fuckers at the top of our game to come up with one or both. Either a promise of more dosh to allow it or a threat of losing some existing cash should they vote against.

They would really like to stop relegation/promotion to protect their status, but as that is highly unlikely in the present format (that really would be turkeys voting for Christmas) a way of sliding their B teams into the lower leagues (allowing them to rise up the leagues and dominate the higher reaches of the Football League) would be a good starting point for reaching the final goal.

Now if someone came up with a credible European Super League and the big 4/5/6 even 8 all fucked off (and took the Old Firm with them) then that's a change I'm more than happy with. Let them wallow in their vats of money and TV coverage, just leave the rest of us to watch football every Saturday in a proper competition.

I've heard some shite spouted in my time but to now be critisized for going to watch your chosen team by supporters of the same club is stoopin to a new low. To those that went last night it was about watching our team. It was fuck all to do with the competition we were playing in. It was our choice and should have been respected but to be slated for it just doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Did anyone slag the missing fans for not going? No. It was your choice which you were perfectly entitled to for whatever your reason. Just like it was ours

I've heard some shite spouted in my time but to now be critisized for going to watch your chosen team by supporters of the same club is stoopin to a new low. To those that went last night it was about watching our team. It was fuck all to do with the competition we were playing in. It was our choice and should have been respected but to be slated for it just doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Did anyone slag the missing fans for not going? No. It was your choice which you were perfectly entitled to for whatever your reason. Just like it was ours

Your attendance was a two fingers up to everyone up and down the country trying to save the game.

Your attendance was a two fingers up to everyone up and down the country trying to save the game.

My attendance was to watch and support the team I love. It was fuck all to do with sticking two fingers up to anyone. Saving the game? Really? Your entitled to your opinion. I'm entitled to watch my team regardless of that

My attendance was to watch and support the team I love. It was fuck all to do with sticking two fingers up to anyone. Saving the game? Really? Your entitled to your opinion. I'm entitled to watch my team regardless of that

So you are in favour of B teams? You will be happy if we draw pigs B next season?

So you are in favour of B teams? You will be happy if we draw pigs B next season?
Do you think the death of last nights competition will "save football?"
No matter what I do, the powers that be will do exactly what they want, as they always have done. It's only a matter of time before the competition dies anyway. I'm in favour of going to support MY team regardless of what anyone else wants to do including you. You should respect that

I still don't know the result yet, and can't be arsed to find out.
Ignorance is truly bliss. . . . Don't spoil it for me.

Quite insulting really when its only someones opinion..... You dont f and blind at anyone especially when its supposed to be an open constuctive debate about a sensitive subject. I think you have lost the plot and have totally lost the argument by your abrasive matter and gutter language. Ive read your other posts.......You obviously know best. But not when it comes to debating...Mmm
You wouldnt talk to someone like that and use offensive language outside of a safe haven of a forum would you.... Come back and post when youve grown up.
Language Timothy

Attachments

• sorry-ronnie-corbett.jpg
    sorry-ronnie-corbett.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 0
No I'm not in favour of B teams. Now you answer mine.
Do you think the death of last nights competition will "save the game"? Your words
Do you think it's more likely that the PL clubs will push their agenda to have B teams in the league if 15,000 had turned up on Tuesday night? Or that low attendances may cause them to think again?

I'm not going to criticise people for going to the game, it's their choice but if we get stuck in L1 again in ten years time because the championship consists of ten clubs on parachute payments and ten B teams from the big clubs then maybe some people might wish they'd resisted a bit more when the thin end of the wedge was driven in.

Do you think it's more likely that the PL clubs will push their agenda to have B teams in the league if 15,000 had turned up on Tuesday night? Or that low attendances may cause them to think again?

I'm not going to criticise people for going to the game, it's their choice but if we get stuck in L1 again in ten years time because the championship consists of ten clubs on parachute payments and ten B teams from the big clubs then maybe some people might wish they'd resisted a bit more when the thin end of the wedge was driven in.

I'm of the opinion that the PL will push there agenda no matter what the attendances were the other night or will be in the future. They have such scant regard for clubs outside of the PL and unfortunately money talks. It's becoming a little bit like the rest of the country where there are far larger sums of money being distributed amongst so few people. Nothing will make me regret going to watch my team play and unlike some I'm glad you respect the decisions of those who went. I agree in general about B teams but think it would take an awful lot more than a boycott to make them change there mind. For them it's about having suitable opposition for there academy/ fringe players, not attendances. The likes of Richard Scudamore are a stain on our modern game and represent everything that's wrong with it. Yet we all strive to be part of it

I'm of the opinion that the PL will push there agenda no matter what the attendances were the other night or will be in the future. They have such scant regard for clubs outside of the PL and unfortunately money talks. It's becoming a little bit like the rest of the country where there are far larger sums of money being distributed amongst so few people. Nothing will make me regret going to watch my team play and unlike some I'm glad you respect the decisions of those who went. I agree in general about B teams but think it would take an awful lot more than a boycott to make them change there mind. For them it's about having suitable opposition for there academy/ fringe players, not attendances. The likes of Richard Scudamore are a stain on our modern game and represent everything that's wrong with it. Yet we all strive to be part of it

I think that those in charge of the game are focused upon money, but they also recognise that they can't just get away with anything they want. They can do things which are unpopular, but if there's too much noise and visible discontent about a proposed change then the clubs will start to take fright and won't support it - and the EFL and PL are nowhere without the support of the clubs.

For me, the point of the boycott is to generate that 'noise' and visible discontent. Just expressing views on forums etc isn't enough. There has to be something real for the papers to write about, and there has to be something to make the clubs believe that this is a bit more than the usual grumbles. Boycotts aren't easy to achieve, because people love their clubs and it's painful not to be there supporting them. So if the majority of fans join in with a boycott - as happened in this case - that's a real statement. It captures the imagination of the press, generates more noise, and forces the clubs to take notice.

The EFL's hope now will be that last week was it. That people will drift back to the games over the remainder of the competition, and by the time they come to time to make the decision about B Teams entering the lower divisions, the boycott and protests will be largely forgotten. They will be able to say that, generally speaking, after some initial concerns by a minority, B Teams have been accepted by fans, and that the majority will welcome this exciting opportunity to see their clubs play against the future stars within the B Teams of major clubs, on a regular basis.

It's really in our hands.

I think that those in charge of the game are focused upon money, but they also recognise that they can't just get away with anything they want. They can do things which are unpopular, but if there's too much noise and visible discontent about a proposed change then the clubs will start to take fright and won't support it - and the EFL and PL are nowhere without the support of the clubs.

For me, the point of the boycott is to generate that 'noise' and visible discontent. Just expressing views on forums etc isn't enough. There has to be something real for the papers to write about, and there has to be something to make the clubs believe that this is a bit more than the usual grumbles. Boycotts aren't easy to achieve, because people love their clubs and it's painful not to be there supporting them. So if the majority of fans join in with a boycott - as happened in this case - that's a real statement. It captures the imagination of the press, generates more noise, and forces the clubs to take notice.

The EFL's hope now will be that last week was it. That people will drift back to the games over the remainder of the competition, and by the time they come to time to make the decision about B Teams entering the lower divisions, the boycott and protests will be largely forgotten. They will be able to say that, generally speaking, after some initial concerns by a minority, B Teams have been accepted by fans, and that the majority will welcome this exciting opportunity to see their clubs play against the future stars within the B Teams of major clubs, on a regular basis.

It's really in our hands.
I take your point and admire your stance but the PL are with supporters like the government are with its people. If they really want something they will aim for it and usually get it.m with scant regard for anyone. It's not that long since they talked of a European league etc and were prepared to ditch the "average" PL team. The problem is money breeds greed and instead of being satisfied with a huge chunk of it they want it all. If the trophy was popular and the attendances plummeted it might cause a murmur. One way it would gain attention is if one U23 team reached the final and the other teams fans boycotted on mass or if 2 U23 teams reached the final which totally defeats the object of the tournament. That's when you would get your biggest outcry and people may listen but would you boycott a Wembley final? The majority wouldn't I suspect.
You say it's in our hands but I disagree. That's not to say I don't agree with you in the principal of the arguement though

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom