Are we really that skint?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Well they don’t need private contracts as according to you they don’t mean anything anyway. If they’re sacked they just get a years salary according to one of your earlier posts which is demonstrably wrong. Also your grasp on how managers and staff operate is almost like you’ve never experienced it. Of course managers know what the players are on and yes the players will tell each other to some extent or another what they’re getting. They always do.
When I posted suggests and stuff I was only asking not knowing. I don’t claim to be sure what any of these get but I think people do throw figures around that they’ve heard a lot etc. As for Slav and Wilder only they and the Prince know and if we are in the shit maybe he could say however x mill he paid out. I don’t know players but guess agents know and players are their clients yet we are still none the wiser apart from conjecture. Just read something on managers contracts and it’s not always about getting years of contract paid up but negotiating between agent of manager and owner of club.

I can only go on official figures where do you get unofficial ones from? Have you seen them? Players don’t have to tell each other as they are private. Managers might not know contracts.
You aren’t looking at official figures because official figures aren’t published. I have seen the same figures as you. They won’t be accurate but will be vaguely close to BASIC wages.

You will note that I haven’t quoted any figures. But I know how footballers contracts work because I deal with them as part of my job.

Why can't we be run like say Brentford or Brighton for example...serious question ??
In their 21/22 Accounts, released in March 2023, Brighton owed over £500 million. Essentially they owed that to Tony Bloom, their owner.

A simplistic way of viewing that is - their owner has bankrolled them to the tune of £500 million.

So, in current circumstances, we can't be run like Brighton ... serious answer.

In their 21/22 Accounts, released in March 2023, Brighton owed over £500 million. Essentially they owed that to Tony Bloom, their owner.

A simplistic way of viewing that is - their owner has bankrolled them to the tune of £500 million.

So, in current circumstances, we can't be run like Brighton ... serious answer.
I think we currently run at an annual shortfall of £20m.

Until we get a big time player investor who is willing to commit to massive sustained investment in the club YOY, unfortunately we will never be sustainable in the PL, with a massive risk of over spending and committing to expenditure over future years , it becomes a shit or bust affair like last season, clearly if we had not got promoted we would have now been in meltdown financially
Fire sale of players, no incoming signings or contract offered, would be trying to stay in the championship with what we have in the academy etc

Until we get a big time player investor who is willing to commit to massive sustained investment in the club YOY, unfortunately we will never be sustainable in the PL, with a massive risk of over spending and committing to expenditure over future years , it becomes a shit or bust affair like last season, clearly if we had not got promoted we would have now been in meltdown financially
Fire sale of players, no incoming signings or contract offered, would be trying to stay in the championship with what we have in the academy etc
There is, of course, an alternative view. Because we "can't" commit to that "massive sustained investment" you describe (actually that should be UNsustained) we will continue to be a sustainable club. That's an ambitious club, right there, sustainability is ambitious.

Why can't we be run like say Brentford or Brighton for example...serious question ??
Did someone in here say that he was talking to a Southampton fan who said that Brighton are now doing the same as Southampton did a few years ago. Like Leicester and Everton, their debts are increasing fast.

Did someone in here say that he was talking to a Southampton fan who said that Brighton are now doing the same as Southampton did a few years ago. Like Leicester and Everton, their debts are increasing fast.
I listened to a podcast with the Brighton CEO who basically admitted that they consider themselves ‘well run’, however they are a shit season away from financial turmoil. As are 75% of PL clubs.

You aren’t looking at official figures because official figures aren’t published. I have seen the same figures as you. They won’t be accurate but will be vaguely close to BASIC wages.

You will note that I haven’t quoted any figures. But I know how footballers contracts work because I deal with them as part of my job.
fair enough but you don’t know the details of theirs. What footballers do you work with? Please tell more 😂 yeah I know you can’t.

They'd probably have to sell players and scale down wages if they suddenly got relegated, but Bloom won't call in the debts, luckily for them.

I'm surprised the debts haven't been written off somehow if he's essentially giving them the money, but I'm not sure how that all works.

If all the money from the last Premier League stint went on wages and ground upgrades, that's fine, but haven't we just guaranteed another £170m? There must be sumat left over from that! There is for every other club that gets promoted.
I've said this again and again, that Prince is taking around 150m for us going up and giving the club/team 15m for transfer chest.

I listened to a podcast with the Brighton CEO who basically admitted that they consider themselves ‘well run’, however they are a shit season away from financial turmoil. As are 75% of PL clubs.
No they are NOT. They're run very well. They have a brilliant system of scouting players on stats. Next year they've grabbed the most promising Polish player in years-, Kacper Kozlowski, and that's not coincidence

No they are NOT. They're run very well. They have a brilliant system of scouting players on stats. Next year they've grabbed the most promising Polish player in years-, Kacper Kozlowski, and that's not coincidence
They recruit well, it doesn't mean that they wouldn't be in the shit financially if the worst was to happen.

The fact that Leicester were relegated this season shows that it can happen to anyone, Southampton were also a reasonably established club.

I've said this again and again, that Prince is taking around 150m for us going up and giving the club/team 15m for transfer chest.

How's he taking the £150m?

For me, the biggest mistake we made last time was where we invested. We gambled on players and made huge losses on them, investing little in the infrastructure. If we want to set our club up for sustained success, it's not about Having £75m+ to spend on transfers. It's about developing Premier League standard scouting and analysis teams and having competitive facilities. This is where the likes of Brighton and Brentford have been smart.

I can live with coming straight back down, if we come down stronger and having invested in the right place.

Don't forget we were the only club ever in the World to build a new stand in the 70's which we're still paying off!!!

For me, the biggest mistake we made last time was where we invested. We gambled on players and made huge losses on them, investing little in the infrastructure. If we want to set our club up for sustained success, it's not about Having £75m+ to spend on transfers. It's about developing Premier League standard scouting and analysis teams and having competitive facilities. This is where the likes of Brighton and Brentford have been smart.

I can live with coming straight back down, if we come down stronger and having invested in the right place.

We spent over £50m on the infrastructure.

We spent over £50m on the infrastructure.

Which begs the question, how do we not have more to show for it? The training ground seems to have had a lick of paint and a new pitch, but otherwise is a dated mess that's barely championship standard. If we have invested in recruitment, it's difficult to say, due to the distinct lack of signings.

Back
Top Bottom