Anybody else worried we're going to come straight back down?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hi Mister Sore Ass

Given the utter anti-football VAR Sports Entertainment WWE Drama shitshow that the Premier League is at the moment (and will be for the foreseeable future) then I'd settle for alternating an enjoyable exciting season in the Championship chasing promotion to a Division I don't want to be in, followed by a relegation season with zero points. That way I get to really enjoy half my football.

22-23 Great we've been promoted.
23-24 Fuck me this is shit I really don't want to be here. Still it's Christmas and we've not got any points so relegation looks likely. Thank fuck I can watch some actual football next season.
24-25 Great let's get promotion, nearly there, nearly there, made it.
25-26 Fuck me this is shit I really don't want to be here. Still it's Christmas and we've not got any points so relegation looks likely. Thank fuck I can watch some actual football next season.
26-27 Great let's get promotion, nearly there nearly there, made it.

etc

What a crazy mixed-up world we live in.
We achieved in our first season back we can do it again just enjoy the ride

5558722.jpg

Statistically we'll be favourites to go down, and yes we have a fair few players who got relegated last time now older. But you're forgetting that last time there were no fans in the stadium - with the fans we finished 9th so don't write us off just yet

Hi, Stegosaurass here,

Let's face the facts. Last season in the prem, we finished rock bottom with just 23 points.

We have, more or less, the same squad as we had that season .... only a good number of them, Fleck, Sharp, Norwood, Basham, Enda Stevens, Egan are now older and shitter than they were. If they couldn't perform in the Premier League two seasons ago, they're going to be even worse now they're older. Not to mention JOC, arguably our best player, is effectively finished because of that injury.

On top of that, the Prince is potless, so it's not like we can add enough new blood to replace them.

Even if we sign Doyle and McAtee, that's two good players to replace to make up for 6 has--beings. Plus, we need a good striker--we can't rely on McBurnie or Brewster because they're shit. And League 1 Wes just isn't good enough for the Premier League. So that's two major weak links. Really--the only Premier League quality players we have are Ndiaye, Baldock, Anel and Berge. And because the Prince is potless, we don't have the funds to strengthen.

On the plus side, we've got rid of Burke, Lundtstram and Mousett.
🥱

We may well be straight back down.

But few decent signings and keeping N'Diaye and Sander who knows....

Come August depending on outgoings Id be happy to see Wes, Baldock, Anel, Egan, RND, Berge, Berge, N'Diaye and McBurnie starting matches.

I'd hope to see better competition for Wes, then new signings across defence midfield and strikers.
Ideally Doyle and Macatee as they will be clued up with us.

Despite hecky saying 5 or 6 new signings I think it will be closer to 8 or 9. The pot we are fishing in though might be a small set funds wise. (For the PL)
i was with you all the way there cpb until the last one no way mcburnie is good enough to start in the premier league but do agree with you 8/9 new signings needed but thats gonna need all heckys creativity if as rumoured only a 30m budget if no new owner comes in 🙄

We got 23 points with a dire, lacklustre team. A manager who was beyond obstinate and more baggage than a jumbo jet going to The Bahamas. Tbis squad is better than last time we went up, we are 3 or 4 good recruits from being mid table. Stop the negativity, jeez

if we go down. worst case scenario we seem some world class players, 120m better off & in the shop window for an potential owner that has money he can prove they have

The primary objective is to arrive at the beginning of 24/25 with a rejuvenated squad of sufficient quality to win the Championship if we happen to get relegated.
Even being able to contemplate this first objective is something to celebrate because without getting promoted just now , we would have been on the slide to L1.
The secondary objective , intrinsically linked to the first , is to put our finances into good enough order to carry us through the medium term.
The third ranking objective is to enjoy doing our best in the extremely challenging PL , and , if we can actually avoid relegation , celebrate a terrific but unlikely achievement.
That's the realistic approach , unless we suddenly have a new owner with a fortune to invest.
Whatever miseries of VAR , top-six favouritism , injuries , etc might plague us next season , I shall be looking to the development of the squad towards August 2024 as my yardstick of success.
I await with anticipation the recruitment by Hecky of new players like Anel , McAtee & Doyle , with the right combination of skills & attitude , whether or not we can survive in the PL.
I refuse to go through next season with the avoidance of relegation as my main preoccupation because it will detract from the potential enjoyment of seeing what is currently an aging squad develop into one which is well equipped to start 24/25.
I trust that Hecky will have this longer-term view in mind.
I don't want him to suffer + fall apart (as Wilder did) when relegation loomed.

Worried? No.
Think it’s likely to happen? Yes.
Even if we spend £50/60m, we’re still more likely to get relegated than stay up.

What worries me is that people entertain the complete helmet that made the OP. Somethings wrong when a pig gets more than 1 very abrupt response. This ones close to 3 pages!

It’s the hope that kills you.

Without significant funds and purchases we may well be just trying to avoid that Derby relegation record again.

Not worried because:

A) we’ll be 2 divisions above the Pigs

B) we’ll be playing Arsenal, Liverpool, Man City etc. they’ll be playing Fleetwood Town, Shrewsbury Town, Exeter City etc.

It’s a self-respect thing

Hi, Stegosaurass here,

Let's face the facts. Last season in the prem, we finished rock bottom with just 23 points.

We have, more or less, the same squad as we had that season .... only a good number of them, Fleck, Sharp, Norwood, Basham, Enda Stevens, Egan are now older and shitter than they were. If they couldn't perform in the Premier League two seasons ago, they're going to be even worse now they're older. Not to mention JOC, arguably our best player, is effectively finished because of that injury.

On top of that, the Prince is potless, so it's not like we can add enough new blood to replace them.

Even if we sign Doyle and McAtee, that's two good players to replace to make up for 6 has--beings. Plus, we need a good striker--we can't rely on McBurnie or Brewster because they're shit. And League 1 Wes just isn't good enough for the Premier League. So that's two major weak links. Really--the only Premier League quality players we have are Ndiaye, Baldock, Anel and Berge. And because the Prince is potless, we don't have the funds to strengthen.

On the plus side, we've got rid of Burke, Lundtstram and Mousett.
You've not even won the 3rd division playoff semi finals yet. Get through that and the final, and you can start to worry about what a colossal dicking you'll get in the Championship next season.

Back
Top Bottom