Anybody else worried we're going to come straight back down?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Stegosaurus

Reaction score
Hi, Stegosaurass here,

Let's face the facts. Last season in the prem, we finished rock bottom with just 23 points.

We have, more or less, the same squad as we had that season .... only a good number of them, Fleck, Sharp, Norwood, Basham, Enda Stevens, Egan are now older and shitter than they were. If they couldn't perform in the Premier League two seasons ago, they're going to be even worse now they're older. Not to mention JOC, arguably our best player, is effectively finished because of that injury.

On top of that, the Prince is potless, so it's not like we can add enough new blood to replace them.

Even if we sign Doyle and McAtee, that's two good players to replace to make up for 6 has--beings. Plus, we need a good striker--we can't rely on McBurnie or Brewster because they're shit. And League 1 Wes just isn't good enough for the Premier League. So that's two major weak links. Really--the only Premier League quality players we have are Ndiaye, Baldock, Anel and Berge. And because the Prince is potless, we don't have the funds to strengthen.

On the plus side, we've got rid of Burke, Lundtstram and Mousett.

Hi, Stegosaurass here,

Let's face the facts. Last season in the prem, we finished rock bottom with just 23 points.

We have, more or less, the same squad as we had that season .... only a good number of them, Fleck, Sharp, Norwood, Basham, Enda Stevens, Egan are now older and shitter than they were. If they couldn't perform in the Premier League two seasons ago, they're going to be even worse now they're older. Not to mention JOC, arguably our best player, is effectively finished because of that injury.

On top of that, the Prince is potless, so it's not like we can add enough new blood to replace them.

Even if we sign Doyle and McAtee, that's two good players to replace to make up for 6 has--beings. Plus, we need a good striker--we can't rely on McBurnie or Brewster because they're shit. And League 1 Wes just isn't good enough for the Premier League. So that's two major weak links. Really--the only Premier League quality players we have are Ndiaye, Baldock, Anel and Berge. And because the Prince is potless, we don't have the funds to strengthen.

Just a rumour,Conor Cody is just the kind of player we should be looking at.

Hi, Stegosaurass here,

Do you think we should sign Barry Bannon (if we can afford him of course) and would he keep us up?

Hi, Stegosaurass here,

I don't think you'll go up to the Championship anyway, so I wouldn't worry about it 😃

Hi, Stegosaurass here,

1683363824752.gif

I'll say the same thing I say to everyone.

It's entirely possible, but I don't care :)

Hi, Stegosaurass here,

We have the Premiership money in July,I understand,or so I've been told,we can borrow money on the strength of that but who is going to borrow it? Princey won't,he wants out,if there's no new owner........

At some point I would suspect we will come back down, unless we get a billionaire owner we’re always susceptible - potentially Everton who have been in prem for 70 odd years, Leicester who won it less than a decade ago and Southampton could go down, so no one should be confident/arrogant

However the financial reward is the difference between a sustainable club or going bankrupt and ending up in L1 for years🐷

Better to have loved and lost than never loved at all

Hi, Tyrannosaurus Rex here

I'm absolutely sick to death of your shit. Meet me round the back of the Argos in Jurassic Park at 1pm and we'll have a right old sort out.

Mark my words, I will bite your fucking face off.

Peace out.

Hi Stegosaurus here,

Tyrannosaurus Rex lived in a different time period to Stegosaurus. Fun dinosaur fact, T Rex lived closer to us than it did Stegosaurus.

Hi, Stegosaurass here,
Hi Mister Sore Ass

Given the utter anti-football VAR Sports Entertainment WWE Drama shitshow that the Premier League is at the moment (and will be for the foreseeable future) then I'd settle for alternating an enjoyable exciting season in the Championship chasing promotion to a Division I don't want to be in, followed by a relegation season with zero points. That way I get to really enjoy half my football.

22-23 Great we've been promoted.
23-24 Fuck me this is shit I really don't want to be here. Still it's Christmas and we've not got any points so relegation looks likely. Thank fuck I can watch some actual football next season.
24-25 Great let's get promotion, nearly there, nearly there, made it.
25-26 Fuck me this is shit I really don't want to be here. Still it's Christmas and we've not got any points so relegation looks likely. Thank fuck I can watch some actual football next season.
26-27 Great let's get promotion, nearly there nearly there, made it.

etc

What a crazy mixed-up world we live in.

Hi Stegosaurus here,

Tyrannosaurus Rex lived in a different time period to Stegosaurus. Fun dinosaur fact, T Rex lived closer to us than it did Stegosaurus.
...and Stegosaurus was born on the other side of the galaxy.

Responding to the headline. I'm not at all worried.
I'm more worried that the slugs are going to eat the lettuce I pricked out yesterday

I only worry about how many we take to Fulham or Brentford and if we have a bigger league attendance against Newcastle than Wednesday did, only then will I be happy and truly feel we have made it
These are the true barometers we need to look at.

We may well be straight back down.

But few decent signings and keeping N'Diaye and Sander who knows....

Come August depending on outgoings Id be happy to see Wes, Baldock, Anel, Egan, RND, Berge, Berge, N'Diaye and McBurnie starting matches.

I'd hope to see better competition for Wes, then new signings across defence midfield and strikers.
Ideally Doyle and Macatee as they will be clued up with us.

Despite hecky saying 5 or 6 new signings I think it will be closer to 8 or 9. The pot we are fishing in though might be a small set funds wise. (For the PL)

Hi Stegosaurus here,

Don't get clever with me, spiny tits.

22 minutes and counting. I'm here already. Jeff Goldblum is reffing.

Back
Top Bottom