Anybody else worried we're going to come straight back down?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hi Stegosaurus here,

Tyrannosaurus Rex lived in a different time period to Stegosaurus. Fun dinosaur fact, T Rex lived closer to us than it did Stegosaurus.
Hi Allosaurus here,

Yes and no.

The genus stegosaurus, which is probably the most well known stegosaurian was around in the late Jurassic period, around 155-145 million years ago. Indeed that was further away than T. rex was to humans, as T. rex is in the very late Cretaceous period- 68-66 million years ago.

However, stegosauria as a group was around up until the early Cretaceous period, around 100 million years ago. So the time between T. rex and stegosaurs would have been 42 million years, compared to the 66 million years between T. rex and humans.

The tyrannosaurid family is even closer still, with there being 18 million years between the end of stegosaurids and the first tyrannosaurs.

Now fuck off back to porktalk.

Hi Allosaurus here,

Yes and no.

The genus stegosaurus, which is probably the most well known stegosaurian was around in the late Jurassic period, around 155-145 million years ago. Indeed that was further away than T. rex was to humans, as T. rex is in the very late Cretaceous period- 68-66 million years ago.

However, stegosauria as a group was around up until the early Cretaceous period, around 100 million years ago. So the time between T. rex and stegosaurs would have been 42 million years, compared to the 66 million years between T. rex and humans.

The tyrannosaurid family is even closer still, with there being 18 million years between the end of stegosaurids and the first tyrannosaurs.

Now fuck off back to porktalk.
Hi Stegosaurus here,

We are talking about Stegosaurus and Tyrannosaurus Rex. Not Stegosaurians and tyrannosaurs.

Fun dinosaur fact. Stegosaurus teeth and fossils are extremely rare, with very few arriving for sale on the commercial market. Whereas Tyrannosaurus teeth are extremely common and yet still cost approximately $1,000 USD an inch purely because it is the most famous dinosaur.

At some point I would suspect we will come back down, unless we get a billionaire owner we’re always susceptible - potentially Everton who have been in prem for 70 odd years, Leicester who won it less than a decade ago and Southampton could go down, so no one should be confident/arrogant

However the financial reward is the difference between a sustainable club or going bankrupt and ending up in L1 for years🐷

Better to have loved and lost than never loved at all
Exactly. Every team in the PL apart from about 5 will get relegated at some point. That's the nature of the system.

I want to see us have a plan and stick to it. Try and invest what money we do have thinking beyond 1 season only and I’ll be happy. If we stay up, that’ll be a bonus. Given the state we’re in off the pitch, the aim has to be long term stability and growth not just 1 season staying up at any cost. I think Hecky is the man to do it too.

I want to see us have a plan and stick to it. Try and invest what money we do have thinking beyond 1 season only and I’ll be happy. If we stay up, that’ll be a bonus. Given the state we’re in off the pitch, the aim has to be long term stability and growth not just 1 season staying up at any cost. I think Hecky is the man to do it too.

We got 23 points with a dire, lacklustre team. A manager who was beyond obstinate and more baggage than a jumbo jet going to The Bahamas. Tbis squad is better than last time we went up, we are 3 or 4 good recruits from being mid table. Stop the negativity, jeez
Bladey bladeness mate

Hi Stegosaurus here,

We are talking about Stegosaurus and Tyrannosaurus Rex. Not Stegosaurians and tyrannosaurs.

Fun dinosaur fact. Stegosaurus teeth and fossils are extremely rare, with very few arriving for sale on the commercial market. Whereas Tyrannosaurus teeth are extremely common and yet still cost approximately $1,000 USD an inch purely because it is the most famous dinosaur.
How do you explain a T-Rex killing a Stegosaurus on Fantasia then?

Valid comment.

It would be good to have stated plan from the CEO.

One that’s tangible to fans.

i.e. we intend to spend 1 in every 5 seasons in the Premiership for an undefined interim period.

For the interim, we are a yo-yo club until we have the resources and stability to re-establish ourselves as a Top Tier club permanently.

Not worried in the slightest. I expect it to happen as the most likely outcome, but with the thought that it does not need too many bad teams in the league to sneak 17th

I'm not worried about us coming back down, I think we will though.

I am worried about us being in a worse position next season than we were the last time we came down.
All this talk about using the loan market again is worrying, we have signed 1 permanent player in 5 windows. The squad needs desperate attention and investment. As does the infrastructure (training ground, stadium). I want this promotion to set us up for the future in some way. I don't want there to be zero legacy.
We need the ownership sorting out quickly, the Prince needs to go.

I'm not worried about us coming back down, I think we will though.

I am worried about us being in a worse position next season than we were the last time we came down.
All this talk about using the loan market again is worrying, we have signed 1 permanent player in 5 windows. The squad needs desperate attention and investment. As does the infrastructure (training ground, stadium). I want this promotion to set us up for the future in some way. I don't want there to be zero legacy.
We need the ownership sorting out quickly, the Prince needs to go.
weve a chance if a takeover goes through but if the prince stays there will be no investment and i think we come straight back down

This is the 5th time I have seen us reach the top flight. Each time we are always the least ambitious club with the smallest budget & lowest wage bill. Thus time I fear it will be even more embarrassing.

Hmm … probably to the same degree as you will do in League 1 next season after dipping in the play offs to everyone’s delight on here .
Reduced budget , players off loaded , other clubs going in an upward direction , anynomous chairmen , ground falling to bits & not forgetting the departing part timing oinks.

Meanwhile over in S2 the cities premier club will be locking horns with the best in the country in front of packed houses & even if they don’t survive will have a share of £120M & parachute payments , to reinvest in itself.

Now here’s a couple of FO 💊💊 to be taken twice a day for you on your way back on Pork Talk … good night , farewell , auf wiedersein , good bye ……. Oh … not forgetting

1683489592514.jpeg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom