Adkins watch....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Deadbat

Reaction score
Today:

Our manager was at the EIS to see the British Basketball Play off semi final today.

Sheffield Sharks v Glasgow Rocks. Saw his name on the courtside seats. Reserved for Nigel and Angie Adkins.

He turned up late (sums up his/our season) but was getting into the game - to be fair he has been a few times when I have been down there and seems to like his 'American' sports - didn't he go and watch loads of NFL/NBA teams train - not that it has helped him in any way?

He seemed well into it and was punching the air when key shots dropped (maybe a few ooooss and aaaaasss) - and seemed more energetic than on the sideline at the Lane.

The Sharks nearly threw it away but won on aggregate despite losing on the night (2 legged affair) and Adkins shook hands with the Sharks coach at the end. Maybe he said something about their resilience. They now play the final at the o2 in London next week but will be big underdogs versus Leicester Riders - tempted to go there instead of Blades v Scunny but it is on the BBc red button from 3.45pm if people want to see a Sheffield team in a final.

I walked right past him. In my head I muttered something about him being a complete let down and his awful tactics, team selections, signings and obsession with former players that are now has beens. In reality I said nothing. My son asked if he could have a selfie with him. I said no and dragged him out of the arena (he'd had one earlier in the season).

That's it.

Tomorrow: My face off with Nige on the stepping stones in Endcliffe Park.

I've always appreciated and admired your objective and fair-minded reports DB.

Let's not lose sight of the fact that Adkins is a decent bloke doing his best in a very difficult and stressful job.

It would be a sad day if he wasn't allowed to enjoy a night out with his missus without having the piss taken out of him or even getting verbal abuse so I'm pleased to hear you kept your thoughts to yourself.

I presume he was out supporting the Sheffield Sharks? Good for him for getting involved in the local community.

Today:

Our manager was at the EIS to see the British Basketball Play off semi final today.

Sheffield Sharks v Glasgow Rocks. Saw his name on the courtside seats. Reserved for Nigel and Angie Adkins.

He turned up late (sums up his/our season) but was getting into the game - to be fair he has been a few times when I have been down there and seems to like his 'American' sports - didn't he go and watch loads of NFL/NBA teams train - not that it has helped him in any way?

He seemed well into it and was punching the air when key shots dropped (maybe a few ooooss and aaaaasss) - and seemed more energetic than on the sideline at the Lane.

The Sharks nearly threw it away but won on aggregate despite losing on the night (2 legged affair) and Adkins shook hands with the Sharks coach at the end. Maybe he said something about their resilience. They now play the final at the o2 in London next week but will be big underdogs versus Leicester Riders - tempted to go there instead of Blades v Scunny but it is on the BBc red button from 3.45pm if people want to see a Sheffield team in a final.

I walked right past him. In my head I muttered something about him being a complete let down and his awful tactics, team selections, signings and obsession with former players that are now has beens. In reality I said nothing. My son asked if he could have a selfie with him. I said no and dragged him out of the arena (he'd had one earlier in the season).

That's it.

I often pass him and angie walking through the park and occasionally on a Saturday night in the pointing dog. It's been hard not to say anything to him, but might son must grow to be better than me!

I've always appreciated and admired your objective and fair-minded reports DB.

Let's not lose sight of the fact that Adkins is a decent bloke doing his best in a very difficult and stressful job.

It would be a sad day if he wasn't allowed to enjoy a night out with his missus without having the piss taken out of him or even getting verbal abuse so I'm pleased to hear you kept your thoughts to yourself.

I presume he was out supporting the Sheffield Sharks? Good for him for getting involved in the local community.

Totally agree. My post was very much tongue in cheek. He seems to have got into the community since he came here and has been to the boxing to sell Kell Brook, has been to the Steelers and the Sharks. My wife even saw him at the One Direction gig.

He posed for photos with a few kids/fans.

He actually is a really decent bloke. I wanted it to work and still do but lets not lose sight of the fact he has been very poor this season. Is his job any more difficult than the other 9 clubs above us?

Seems a nice guy. Think we sometimes confuse poor results with cuntishness ( not you Deadbat ) I've noticed him being called a tosser and stuff in other threads. He clearly isn't and wants to do well. Robson was a wanker.
Great to read all these comments on what a decent guy he is.
Why not leave him alone to get on with the job of putting a team together so we get up next season
He had the best cv available and we were all wetting ourselves in anticipation. He didn't get it right initially but hopefully have turned the corner.I remember Sir Alex struggling in his first season,good job for man utd, they stuck with him
and prospered.

British Basketball Play Off .......was there plenty of Ooooooohhhhhhssss and Aaaaaaahhhhsss?

Decent guy my arse. He likes to hide behind a nicey nicey mask and by the looks of it it's worked a treat for him. He's had a few obvious digs at the supporters now, something even Clough didn't do. He's tried to keep it up as long as possible but his natural personality is gradually seeping through.

Decent guy my arse. He likes to hide behind a nicey nicey mask and by the looks of it it's worked a treat for him. He's had a few obvious digs at the supporters now, something even Clough didn't do. He's tried to keep it up as long as possible but his natural personality is gradually seeping through.

What complete and unadulterated horseshit.

Your obsession is pathetic.

You must know him really well in order to form such an opinion.

I've never met the bloke so have no idea if his nicey nicey persona is the real him or not. So probably best not to cast aspersions about the bloke.

I've never met you either Barney - you're probably a really nice bloke.

It's not surprising to note that sly digs to the paying fans don't harm your admiration.

I notice that it's not below you to make up a lot of personal bullshit about a man you don't know and will never have met to further your pathetic and childish agenda.

And these so called sly digs at the paying fans shouldn't offend you, because you aren't one.

I notice that it's not below you to make up a lot of personal bullshit about a man you don't know and will never have met to further your pathetic and childish agenda.

And these so called sly digs at the paying fans shouldn't offend you, because you aren't one.
Apart from the fact that it's quite clear it isn't bullshit. Go back and listen to the interviews.

Today:

That's it.

I can get a like off Barney with a lot fewer words than that....

;)

Apart from the fact that it's quite clear it isn't bullshit. Go back and listen to the interviews.

You are so full of shit.
What's this "natural personality seeping through" that you made up?
You don't enjoy the style of football so you invent crap about him as a person from behind your keyboard and sat in your comfy armchair.

The definition of pathetic.

You are so full of shit.
What's this "natural personality seeping through" that you made up?
You don't enjoy the style of football so you invent crap about him as a person from behind your keyboard and sat in your comfy armchair.

The definition of pathetic.
Style of football? What I don't enjoy is having a manager making digs at the supporters. That might be something you don't mind accepting and forgetting about, who knows.

Style of football? What I don't enjoy is having a manager making digs at the supporters. That might be something you don't mind accepting and forgetting about, who knows.

You've found something insignificant to obsess over in armchair land, well done.
I'm done with this. And you.
You are a truly pathetic little boy.

First we hear that Ched was driving an expensive car mere hours after his rape conviction was quashed. Now we hear that Adkins was watching basketball mere hours after United's play off dream ended. The world is going crazy, I tell you/

Great to read all these comments on what a decent guy he is.
Why not leave him alone to get on with the job of putting a team together so we get up next season
He had the best cv available and we were all wetting ourselves in anticipation. He didn't get it right initially but hopefully have turned the corner.I remember Sir Alex struggling in his first season,good job for man utd, they stuck with him
and prospered.
Perhaps part of the problem is that Adkins is too nice and thats why several members of the squad dont respect/fear him. I suspect that players such as Adams see him as weak and a soft touch and they believe they can get away with things, that Clough would not have tolerated.
I really dont care if he's a decent guy or not. What matters is how he performs a a manager and so far he's been a disaster. He's tried to convince everyone that three wins and two draws means everythings sorted for the future and some fans have actually swallowed his spin. Hopefully yesterday has brought people back to their senses.
His CV was good, however his last two appointments have lowered his standing considerably. These two appointments have a resulted in relegation for Reading and then the sack and at the Blades he has turned a play off team into a mid table team. People who rave about his CV conveniantly overlook his last two jobs. Dont fancy his chances of getting much of a job when he gets the sack (sooner rather than later hopefully).

Back
Top Bottom