Adkins Interview Ahead of Donny (A)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I agree it does come across as very clichéd. But to be fair to WHF, when you strip out the cliché's and bullet point it, there's a fair bit of meat to it.

Of course, people don't want to hear it, or don't believe it - but that says more about results. The fact is, when you stuck in the middle of the third division and not winning matches, there's nothing that can be said to make people think "ah, that's alright then", so he's just on to a loser.

I remember everyone getting so wound up about Warnock's interviews. He was a clown and everyone knew better then. Half of the fans wanted him out, based enormously on his perception from interviews in the media. We let him go, and everything worked out so well...............

UTB

I think his interviews couldn't be better. Especially when Rob Staton is asking the questions.

But a lot of the meaningful stuff as with any conversation anywhere is in tone of voice and all the non-verbals which is why I post the link.

The label of cliche (not aimed at you btw) is derogatory - it could just as easily be labelled consistency eg I wouldn't want anyone interviews to say anything other than we're taking each game as it comes, or some variant of that.

You have to say the same thing week in week out - it's not a weakness, it's a strength. Which is why Adkins bingo is a nonsense imo.

I thought this week was particularly interesting as it was an insight into the conflict of short term v long term.

I think his interviews couldn't be better. Especially when Rob Staton is asking the questions.

But a lot of the meaningful stuff as with any conversation anywhere is in tone of voice and all the non-verbals which is why I post the link.

The label of cliche (not aimed at you btw) is derogatory - it could just as easily be labelled consistency eg I wouldn't want anyone interviews to say anything other than we're taking each game as it comes, or some variant of that.

You have to say the same thing week in week out - it's not a weakness, it's a strength. Which is why Adkins bingo is a nonsense imo.

I thought this week was particularly interesting as it was an insight into the conflict of short term v long term.
Well, speaking as an Adkins fan I do recognise he uses several phrases that are stock phrases, and lead to the impression that it's too pre prepared. I wish he wouldn't do it.

But I wished Warnock didn't blame the ref every week. I also understood, and evidence backs it up, that there's just no correlation between what a manager says in public and the success they achieve on the field.

To that end, and quite inderstandably, many of our fans have just lost the plot with the situation, hanging on to and analysing hid every word.

It doesn't take away from the fact that there's a lot wrong with the club elsewhere, and I think a bit more recognition of that would greatly increase the credibility of your posts. I like them, but many don't. I'm sure you don't care either way, the ignore button having done the job you wanted. :)

UTB

Yes but Fatty he talks like that all the time, even to his missus, keep it out of one end and put it in the other! :eek:

Right......, ticket - check, money - check, big coat-check, bag to carry home 3 points - check.

See you all at Donny! UTB :) (check)

Well, speaking as an Adkins fan I do recognise he uses several phrases that are stock phrases, and lead to the impression that it's too pre prepared. I wish he wouldn't do it.

But I wished Warnock didn't blame the ref every week. I also understood, and evidence backs it up, that there's just no correlation between what a manager says in public and the success they achieve on the field.

To that end, and quite inderstandably, many of our fans have just lost the plot with the situation, hanging on to and analysing hid every word.

It doesn't take away from the fact that there's a lot wrong with the club elsewhere, and I think a bit more recognition of that would greatly increase the credibility of your posts. I like them, but many don't. I'm sure you don't care either way, the ignore button having done the job you wanted. :)

UTB

Off topic but fwiw I don't recognise this picture of uncritical adoration of all things Bladey. It keeps cropping up.

I think there's plenty wrong, but a lot of what's posted is imo miles wide of the mark, and, eg, proposed "fixes" would make the situation worse not better.

"I think this criticism is invalid" does not equate to (or even imply) "I think all criticism is invalid."

Mentioned it already but Bergen's post on the Wigan game was outstanding.

UTMB

Off topic but fwiw I don't recognise this picture of uncritical adoration of all things Bladey. It keeps cropping up.

I think there's plenty wrong, but a lot of what's posted is imo miles wide of the mark, and, eg, proposed "fixes" would make the situation worse not better.

"I think this criticism is invalid" does not equate to (or even imply) "I think all criticism is invalid."

Mentioned it already but Bergen's post on the Wigan game was outstanding.

UTMB
I don't think you are ridiculously positive, but it seems many do. I like the fact you argue alternative views too. But many seem to, and you'll literally not be seeing that :)

UTB

The 50% academy line is extremely worrying in it's naivety. It seems the top brass are genuinely thinking this is an option. Ridiculous

What is wrong with it as an objective? The players have got to develop somewhere, why not from within?

I have rarely learned anything useful from Adkins press conferences, although it is apparent from his recent utterances that the board will not spend money.

I have rarely learned anything useful from Adkins press conferences, although it is apparent from his recent utterances that the board will not spend money.
Can you remember a manager when you did?

Clough was a straight talker. That allowed us to work out that it was all McNulty's fault.

UTB

Aiming for 50% of the team to come through the Accademy...

Translation: We're potless, there's no serious money for transfers.

Any club is lucky if they get maybe three or four players in five years come through the Accademy to make it as a first teamer.

Statements saying we want half the team to come through that route are deeply worrying.
TBF hes practically got 1/2 a team from the acedemy today

Long, Reed and DCL are 3 of 11 and Che Adams was signed as a youth player, so it's only stretching matters a little to argue 4 of 11

Only needs to find 2 more and he's there

TBF hes practically got 1/2 a team from the acedemy today

Long, Reed and DCL are 3 of 11 and Che Adams was signed as a youth player, so it's only stretching matters a little to argue 4 of 11

Only needs to find 2 more and he's there

If only Kennedy wasn't perenially injured and Kieron Wallace hadn't been lost down the back of the sofa or wherever he is now

Back
Top Bottom