A couple of positives from today

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Isn't that also one day closer to the next guy lucky enough to be the one people want out?

It's one day closer to everything that's going to happen in the future...

Look at this picture of me when I was younger.
Every picture of you is of you when you were younger.
Mitch Hedberg :)

Can someone tell me when uniteds ever romped home in a promotion chase from this division
we once sat at home praying hull wouldnt score a third
here we are a shoe in with 2 to go , been some dull displays , but no one can tell me we entertained and enthralled in every game in previous seasons , we never have , not while Ive been watchiong

Negative Nigel at his worst today. Bored shitless as usual in the 1st half. Scored and then we just sat back. Even at the end against 10 men we pulled every single man back. Shocking.
Loud boos at HT and FT.

Who were those two blokes on the sidelines, sorry "technical areas", energetically waving the players forwards?

Adams came on with 10 minutes left and actually penetrated down our left. Promising.

We heard some boos. At half time we figured it was for the ref.

At full-time it was thankfully short-lived - and then there was applause.

been to watch Chelsea win 1-0 v man utd
now some say we dont entertain
yet heres a side thats as dull as fucking dull can be winning the league
I dare anyone to explain how that constitutes entertainment ,

if thats acceptable as the gold standards , footballs zenith , we aint got a prayer of seeing entertainment at the Lane

We've been and Yes we've really enjoyed it - with the odd exception.
As I've said before, fair play to you. If that's how you like it then there's nothing wrong with that.

I make the point to give context to the negativity. People ask why so negative when we are in the play offs. For many, including me, it's the style if play that's so draining.

UTB

been to watch Chelsea win 1-0 v man utd
now some say we dont entertain
yet heres a side thats as dull as fucking dull can be winning the league
I dare anyone to explain how that constitutes entertainment ,

if thats acceptable as the gold standards , footballs zenith , we aint got a prayer of seeing entertainment at the Lane
We have seen entertainment at The Lane. Stop making excuses.

UTB

Isn't that also one day closer to the next guy lucky enough to be the one people want out?

That's a very negative way to think about it. We could look at it as a day closer to finding a man to get us out of this division. I hope it's Nigel as I don't want change, but this division is killing us slowly.

That's a very negative way to think about it. We could look at it as a day closer to finding a man to get us out of this division. I hope it's Nigel as I don't want change, but this division is killing us slowly.

Merely realistic, when did we last have a manager without a pathetic nickname or without a section baying for him to be sacked?

Merely realistic, when did we last have a manager without a pathetic nickname or without a section baying for him to be sacked?

When did any club. I have a manure supporting brother who wanted fergie sacked every season they didn't win anything.Comes with the territory, and Negative Nigel is probably the easiest nickname to get rid of out them all.

Yes you are, I,expect you think it has been a terrific season and that was another thrilling hard earned point today. Clough is driving fans away, see posts on this thread for confirmation, the sooner the über clappers realise this the sooner the board might and we may not waste another season going nowhere next year.
Can I ask where are these fans that Clough is driving away ? 21,000 at the Lane today sort of fucks that point up a bit.

I'm already working on the new shit nickname for our next manager, just to save us all some time that can be better spent working out if they're a racist or not based on poorly-researched opinions. Even before his pretty style of football doesn't get us the points we need, he will simply be known as the soporous "Uwe the Duvet".

After that, it's "Snore Lambert", followed by a return to "Colin", which because he'll have already passed through us once we'll rename "Colon". That doesn't sound too funny now, but it'll be hilarious in 2020, trust me.

They are obviously not at the Lane :rolleyes:

The people not at the Lane are not at the Lane.

This does not establish that they were driven away by Clough and his allegedly single-minded quest to destroy football for all time.

For instance Nepalese goatherds, Space Station astronauts, or the Queen of Denmark all had other engagements and were not influenced by the Nonsensical Notion of Negative Nigel.

The people not at the Lane are not at the Lane.

This does not establish that they were driven away by Clough and his allegedly single-minded quest to destroy football for all time.

For instance Nepalese goatherds, Space Station astronauts, or the Queen of Denmark all had other engagements and were not influenced by the Nonsensical Notion of Negative Nigel.

Nevermind :rolleyes:

Can I ask where are these fans that Clough is driving away ? 21,000 at the Lane today sort of fucks that point up a bit.
Yeah? see how many are there next season if Clough is still our manager in this League. The bottom has fallen out of the Season ticket renewals, 16k average next season.

Can someone tell me when uniteds ever romped home in a promotion chase from this division
we once sat at home praying hull wouldnt score a third
here we are a shoe in with 2 to go , been some dull displays , but no one can tell me we entertained and enthralled in every game in previous seasons , we never have , not while Ive been watchiong

Exactly! Great point. Very few teams ever do romp to a promotion - only the champions tend to do that, 2nd place is usually a nervous scrap i.e. 1990 / 2006 (2006 was pretty awful post February - on the field and in the stands), and the play offs is just a free for all to get there and then it's whoever is the best over 3 games.

Look at Preston faultering now - even if we were in their position some of our fans would be losing their minds, saying the manager had no bottle and wouldn't be good enough even if we did go up. Happened under Bassett and warnock. Will happen under the next manager that gets us near a promotion.

Last edited:
Nevermind :rolleyes:

Part timers. The lot of em.

margrethe.jpg
getImageBin.asp
article106489302d853f900000578504468x343_1.jpg

I must admit, though I really, really take no pleasure or self-righteousness in saying it, but my loyalty to Clough is wearing thin especially from the stories i hear before/after matches. And if IF we don't get promotion and are indeed not playing in the Championship next season then my loyalty may cave in like that dugout, who the NAC Breda coach punched through, unless if I'm extremely convinced by something in the last few games. Though that's not looking likely.

John Harris ?
In the 1963-64 season (we were at the top of the league in October), the Lane crowd moaned about us playing "the offside trap" too often and captain Joe Shaw made a statement in the Morning Telegraph explaining that playing the offside trap is quite efficient. Shareholders in the 1965 AGM were critical of Harris for relying too much on youth players rather than go into the transfer market. In the 1969-70 season there were letters to the Green Un by angry Blades fans criticising Harris for not picking John Tudor in the team ( reporter Peter Howard defended Harris decision to play Colin Addison cos he was good at holding the ball up) and many were resigned to losing Alan Woodward (probably that was his best season in his 14 years as a 1st teamer) saying that it was inevitable a 1st division club would be signing him

Based on the appointment of any manager since Warnock why do people think that the board will get the next appointment correct? Clough is as good (or bad) as Wilson or Blackwell were. We will not get Manuel Pellegrini next despite how much a section of our fans believe we are by rights a Premier League club. I'm sorry but keep sacking people and we'll remain a league one side with Morgan picking up more caretaker jobs than are healthy.

If the board want a promotion then they need to get hands in pockets sharpish for more than a gesture of a right back. We need a keeper/defender/midfielder and forward of quality or we'll become a league 1 perennial pretty soon.

Back
Top Bottom