2 new rule changes that have increased our chance of promotion

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Pundits are a huge part as to why the diving and play acting got so bad. Like you pointed out saying players should have gone down, saying players had "won" a free kick by being "clever" all gives positive reinforcement that this is the way to play.

Pundits ought to call out diving and play acting, say it's shameful and get some media storm going against it. But they don't. Prime example at the weekend in the Birmingham vs Wigan match the Wigan defender gets sent off for "fouling" as the last man. In fairness to the ref in real-time it looks like a foul but replays show there is no contact and it is a clear dive but instead of calling it out Jobi McAnuff says that it's the ref's decision that's disgraceful!!

Absolutely does my head in. Call it out, make it shameful and embarrassing, put pressure on for retrospective bans and actually make a difference! Don't just allow it to happen and ignore it!

You're right - a media storm is also what's needed. Shame and embarrassment to the clubs/players involved. It's one of the few things Soccer AM used to do back in the day, laughing at divers.

I’m actually glad that Lowe got a yellow for picking the ball up and taking it 20m away. I was also glad that the referee was consistent (with the help of Norwood) to book B-D when he did the same.
There should be a rule, as in handball, that after the referee has blown the opposition can’t touch the ball, or the free kick is moved forward 10 meters
That is a very good idea ! .......... so its unlikely to ever be considered by the EFL/FA!!

You're right - a media storm is also what's needed. Shame and embarrassment to the clubs/players involved. It's one of the few things Soccer AM used to do back in the day, laughing at divers.

If they still did it, it would just be the Bruno Fernandes show. Elite level cunt that bloke.

If they still did it, it would just be the Bruno Fernandes show. Elite level cunt that bloke.

How he wasn't sent off yesterday I don't know. Anyone else in the world would have got a yellow card for his antics after the Liverpool goal. I can only assume the ref saw he already had one, and was bent enough not to be consistent in application of the rules

Back
Top Bottom