2 games in, and since selling N’Diaye

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We are where we are. Nobody wanted to see us put that team out at the weekend and I’m paying good money to likely go and see a similar team with a similar outcome tomorrow night. It’s frustrating but the club are obviously still trying to sign players. Unfortunately the players we want and selling clubs know we are desperate.

We as fans have no idea what is going on behind the scenes yet some still pretend they do.
Agreed CrookesBlade. Usual barmpots sat on the sidelines shouting the odds about the running of a multi-million pound football club when they themselves couldn't run a whelk stall....

Are there another set of clowns responsible for signing Anel, Doyle and McAtee?

This is the problem with transfer windows that run into the season. If you’ve cash then you can bring in what you need early doors or spend enough towards the end of the window in the knowledge that whoever you bring in will likely be a success and cancel out any poor results early on.

If you are skint you either bring in any old cunt or you have to wait til later in the window either negotiating or hoping previously unattainable players suddenly become available.

The financial situation we are in is down to 2 things. Owner isn’t rich enough, nobody richer wants to buy us. Also we spent loads 3 years ago on players who who were either shite or spent ages out injured.

We are where we are. Nobody wanted to see us put that team out at the weekend and I’m paying good money to likely go and see a similar team with a similar outcome tomorrow night. It’s frustrating but the club are obviously still trying to sign players. Unfortunately the players we want and selling clubs know we are desperate.

We as fans have no idea what is going on behind the scenes yet some still pretend they do.
You've literally just painted the whole picture as you see it, it can't work both ways.

..and your suggestion is ?
Let’s see who arrives in the next two weeks. If none then your criticisms will be much stronger, but if three good players arrive then perhaps you were a little over eager.
Or maybe, if at the end of the season we go down by 1,2 or three points, one of these first games with a full side would have been critical and made the difference perhaps?

I'm pretty sure Hecky, recruitment and the board know how badly we need attackers. I'm sure they're working on it.

It's shite, yes, as we need them for Friday, but I've pretty much written it off this week. Next week we'll know the situation we're in for the season

We're still in wait and see territory but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't underwhelmed, concerned, and losing a bit of faith.

I knew we wouldn't be spending like last time and I was all for going down the young up and coming route and utilising foreign markets.

But I also expected a few more players either proven in the PL or top Champ quality.

So far, outside of Hamer, every player is not only a gamble, but someone who needs time to get up to speed and in fairness to them all, patience.

Even if we come up with Doyle and Archer, we're far more undercooked at this point than I expected.
Here, here...

Or maybe, if at the end of the season we go down by 1,2 or three points, one of these first games with a full side would have been critical and made the difference perhaps?
It might but if we get the right players in rather than rushing and getting poorer ones then we may survive by a couple of points.
Either way none of us can do anything about it.

It might but if we get the right players in rather than rushing and getting poorer ones then we may survive by a couple of points.
Either way none of us can do anything about it.
True, frustrating though. We were promoted in April.

We didnt have targets to replace N'Diaye because at the last minute he changed his mind and left. Hence the signing video he made. He would be difficult to replace.

We won, I've just landed in my TARDIS to let you know. Where we are now at Xmas you wouldnt believe !
I'm guessing bottom?

I think we've got a reyt player on our hands with Osula!

Would rather roll the dice and persist with him than spunk another £20m on a Brewster/McBurnie type with one good season in the Championship.
I think with Osula, he’s raw. Which means that he’s a gamble, potentially a big gamble. But he’s got something, I agree.

Jebbison, for me shows very small glimpses in certain games that suggest he’s anything more than league 1. For now at least. He showed some more last season, but not every game.

I think the basis for McBurnie and Brewster, was “successful over a season in the championship” and “within our budget”. So I’d go with such a gamble again, we kind of have to.

For these reasons, I see a bigger gamble in not doing anything. Archer looks a player. For the right price. That has to be the approach, unfortunately as the preparation we’ve made is pretty much for next season in the championship rather than this season at premier league

I’d also go as far to say that we’ve signed some of the players this summer with a view to increasing their value over a season and sell when we go down.

I think we’ll see a loan striker come in late, probably young and hungry like Brewster was, but with lower risk. It doesn’t make sense to loan for a season and sign permanently next summer if we have to tighten our belts again. A loan to buy only works if we stay up

I'm pretty sure Hecky, recruitment and the board know how badly we need attackers. I'm sure they're working on it.

It's shite, yes, as we need them for Friday, but I've pretty much written it off this week. Next week we'll know the situation we're in for the season
We have a little longer than next week, fortunately !

I think with Osula, he’s raw. Which means that he’s a gamble, potentially a big gamble. But he’s got something, I agree.

Jebbison, for me shows very small glimpses in certain games that suggest he’s anything more than league 1. For now at least. He showed some more last season, but not every game.

I think the basis for McBurnie and Brewster, was “successful over a season in the championship” and “within our budget”. So I’d go with such a gamble again, we kind of have to.

For these reasons, I see a bigger gamble in not doing anything. Archer looks a player. For the right price. That has to be the approach, unfortunately as the preparation we’ve made is pretty much for next season in the championship rather than this season at premier league

I’d also go as far to say that we’ve signed some of the players this summer with a view to increasing their value over a season and sell when we go down.

I think we’ll see a loan striker come in late, probably young and hungry like Brewster was, but with lower risk. It doesn’t make sense to loan for a season and sign permanently next summer if we have to tighten our belts again. A loan to buy only works if we stay up
Have to agree. Take Jebbison's goal against Everton in the Covid season away, and i'm not sure he has half the hype he's had.

Osula on the other hand looks to have much more in his locker. As it's my favourite saying at the moment, the best kind of ability is avail-ability, then Osula faces a run of games that could define his career. Play like he did on Saturday and grab a couple of goals, and he won't be out of the side for a long time. Sometimes sport throws you these kind of opportunities (ask Andy Ruiz!!) And it's all down to whether you take them!

Get your point re: Archer, but without wanting to be too defeatist, I'm not sure he'll want to come here!

We haven’t signed a single attacker. Not one. Not a centre forward, not a winger come attacking midfielder, a number 10. Nothing

Sincerely. Are they taking the fucking piss?

Was Saturday not shambolic enough? We had the worst midfield and attack in the top two leagues ffs

Paul Mitchell, Bettis, whoever is responsible for this circus, this transfer window best turn round for the better and quick.

Getting to the point where no one should want the same clowns responsible for bringing in the likes of Oliver Burke, Brewster, Ampadu and Luke Freeman to have anything to do with the club.

Shite.
Grow up

Have to agree. Take Jebbison's goal against Everton in the Covid season away, and i'm not sure he has half the hype he's had.

Osula on the other hand looks to have much more in his locker. As it's my favourite saying at the moment, the best kind of ability is avail-ability, then Osula faces a run of games that could define his career. Play like he did on Saturday and grab a couple of goals, and he won't be out of the side for a long time. Sometimes sport throws you these kind of opportunities (ask Andy Ruiz!!) And it's all down to whether you take them!

Get your point re: Archer, but without wanting to be too defeatist, I'm not sure he'll want to come here!
Osula, yeah, don’t disagree that he could indeed take his opportunity. And of course everyone needs a chance for that break. We’ve seen it before when a player at the club steps up.

But I think whilst we have the chance to get someone in, then we should.

As for Archer, his options are limited at his current club, was on loan to the championship last season so isn’t afraid to drop to play games. After that it’s about money I guess

Does nobody ever pay any attention to what PA says?

"We like to do our bussiness toward the end of the window, we get better players, I get better deals doing this"

I'm aware he's shit his pants with the "they try harder in the last year" comment.. But he's said stuff and done exactly what he's said all the time he's been here BTW.

My thoughts are "let's wait and see"

Might be too late, for this season (fucking sad to write that but a good start is essential, bottom three is hard to break out of after 5 games) but we'd have a reyt championship team, again.

No we didn’t have a contingency plan, how can you plan for our best striker leaving when he was an inch away from re-signing with a signing on video completed??
I have a crazy idea: don't sell him. He wasn't out of contract. We weren't forced to sell him. WE decided to cash in.

Absolutely crazy decision - especially when we were already losing our 2 star loanees from last season.

At the start of this season, we needed to strengthen our squad with at least 4 or 5 players who could come in and improve the starting XI. After selling Ndiaye and Berge, that made it 6 or 7 new first teamers required. We have given ourselves an absolute mountain to climb for the sake of what - £15m? Compared to a total PL windfall of £170m.

I hope we can pull off some miracles in the transfer window in the coming weeks. I really do. But I trust this owner about as far as I can throw him. I imagine we'll end up with the top scorer in the Icelandic league, along with a bunch of sorry tales from Official Club Spokesperson Darren about how we tried for so many but the clubs just didn't want to sell. And there was nothing we could do. And he understands this better than any of us so we should shut up and listen or else he might stop tweeting.

I have a crazy idea: don't sell him. He wasn't out of contract. We weren't forced to sell him. WE decided to cash in.

Absolutely crazy decision - especially when we were already losing our 2 star loanees from last season.

At the start of this season, we needed to strengthen our squad with at least 4 or 5 players who could come in and improve the starting XI. After selling Ndiaye and Berge, that made it 6 or 7 new first teamers required. We have given ourselves an absolute mountain to climb for the sake of what - £15m? Compared to a total PL windfall of £170m.

I hope we can pull off some miracles in the transfer window in the coming weeks. I really do. But I trust this owner about as far as I can throw him. I imagine we'll end up with the top scorer in the Icelandic league, along with a bunch of sorry tales from Official Club Spokesperson Darren about how we tried for so many but the clubs just didn't want to sell. And there was nothing we could do. And he understands this better than any of us so we should shut up and listen or else he might stop tweeting.

He was out contract at the end of this season, that’s as good as being out of contract this season from a business and profitability perspective as he would’ve gone for nothing to Marseille anyway barring some miracle and he wanted to resign with us.

So, I don’t blame the owners for selling him for £15m plus add ons plus a sell-on fee. That’s pure profit and enabled Hamer and possibly another player if the £10-15m bids we’ve been putting in elsewhere are to be believed.

Here we go again…..

Do you simply want us to sign anyone? Just any old fucker?

We’ve got targets. We’re working on it, how many times do I have repeat this: YOU CANT JUST GO AND SIGN SOMEONE. There’s processes, protocols, legalities, a wish for the other club to talk to you, a wish for the agent and player to talk to you, negotiation….all sorts of factors.

Do you think you just ring a club and put your order in?
Umm Burnley did, OM did, seems a lot of clubs can get they’re shit together a lot quicker than we can, I do think deals can be done easily within 3 weeks just depends on the player and club’s urgency, hammer came quickly, we have had since we were promoted to get better players over the line by now it’s disgraceful we haven’t

Tbh, now that the deadline to get an attacker for the forest match has come and gone, I’m happy for the club to hold their nerve and take it to the last day of the transfer window.

Makes absolutely not difference who we sign before the City match, might as well just push it and get the very best value for money they can.

We didn't need to sell Ndiaye when we did, we chose to. Other clubs would have made Marseille wait until replacements were in or at least lined up. With our two other senior strikers injured, it's an embarrassing way to run a club.

We haven’t signed a single attacker. Not one. Not a centre forward, not a winger come attacking midfielder, a number 10. Nothing

Sincerely. Are they taking the fucking piss?

Was Saturday not shambolic enough? We had the worst midfield and attack in the top two leagues ffs

Paul Mitchell, Bettis, whoever is responsible for this circus, this transfer window best turn round for the better and quick.

Getting to the point where no one should want the same clowns responsible for bringing in the likes of Oliver Burke, Brewster, Ampadu and Luke Freeman to have anything to do with the club.

Shite.

So are you suggesting we just buy any striker just for the sake of it.

I’d rather us stay patient and target the best striker we can. Couldn’t care less if we lose our first 5 matches.

The only important fact relates to staying up. Also the problem is if clubs think we’re desperate they’ll take the piss, fellow PL rivals will keep us weak as long as possible right up to the transfer window.

We’re under prepared and late to the party but the owner would say 3 months ago he was selling the club so why would he prepare anything, it would be disrespectful to the new owner who would want to make alll the important decisions.

Agree it’s a mess, almost a joke and I find it weird how they’re so little mention in the media. No one seems to realise this current team is far weaker than the promotion team. The defence is decent but doubt we’ll create any chances never mind score. At least Haner is a big positive but we need 2 more Hamers and a goal scorer to even have a chance.

Im very confident we’ll make several more signings but looks like we might be going for 2nd choice and even 3rd choice targets but at least we’ll be financially secure if we’re relegated and that’s the most important.

Shite.
I’ve got to say, by the looks of it they’ve made a right find with Benie Traore. Vini looks like he’ll be the tits once he’s fit as well.

More than happy to eat my words if they can keep finding talent like that.

Back
Top Bottom