All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

You'll end up being directly behind one of the two large pillars on the kop, being able to see sweet FA if left till last minute though.
His mates all stand to the side, right at the edge, so they will be OK.

12,500 seats sold out of 33,000 ought to leave the odd decent view :)

UTB

It would be great if the club did take note of what Bradford are doing. I suppose Bradford need the incentives more than we do to fill their ground, however United shouldn't be too complacent with regards to the fans. I'd suspect we'd have 22,000 + season tickets and flexi cards if they were on offer at a similar value.

And that's the problem....

You're probably about right in your estimate, so, with no sense in paying on the day, our crowds would be little better than they are now, and our revenue would be cut considerably.

I agree with fairly low prices to sustain the fan base for the future, but nobody should kid themselves that it can be done without a significant loss of revenue. That affects the club's turnover, and therefore the amount we can spend on players.

I think the current prices are a reasonably sensible balance.

So Bradford have sold 16k? Could they conceivably average more than us this season? If, say, they are challenging for automatic and we have a disappointing, mid-table season with Positive Nige?

Bradford aren't doing bad to say they're a one club city of very similar size to Sheffield. If we had £150 season tickets, we'd be sold out every week.

They can't keep that pricing up for long surely.

Does anyone know whether that Bradford City ownership takeover went ahead or not?

Actually, they've sold "16,000 season tickets and flexi-cards". A flexi-card is £50, then you pay £10 per match. That means a flexi-card is a better buy if you're only going to go to 10 matches or fewer.

They don't specify how many of the 16,000 are season tickets and how many flexi-cards. If - for the sake of argument - it's half-and-half, that would give them an average home attendance of about 11,000 (plus 500 or so away fans). There won't be many more season tickets or flexi-cards sold, because the prices go through the roof on 5th July - and there won't be many pay on the day, because that's £25. (sounds like that's just a way to fleece away fans, as they're pretty much the only ones who will pay on the day).

Less fair play to them...

All sounds a bit like Wendy to me. Practically give tickets away and it's 'look how massive we are...' I think United have it about right and ought to be grateful for the phenominal loyalty and patience the fans are showing. It's not all about size of crowds/cheapness of tickets. Who's going to pay the transfer fees/wages of these new players we all crave? Let's see how many of these new-found Bradford 'fans' turn up on a freezing Tuesday night against, say, Fleetwood.

They're experiencing an 'FA Cup bounce' similar to the one we had but I know who's crowds will be an higher average next season. And it won't be Bradford with the turgid Parkinson in charge.

Still a fair way to go. I reckon with 2 or 3 names coming in (lest I say it, Billy Sharp), we may touch 14k.

Bradford may end up pushing us for highest attendance this season given their season ticket offer.
this ls the bit i dont get houso( about sharp i mean) he didnt do much for us the 2 terms he was here, so what would be different this time. I dont know,im guessing you dont know, some think they do.
Is it a big enough gamble, that if we were to hit the ground running with him at the forefront, bladey bladeness or not hes paying back his wages with the extra income generated. As i say i dont know, people think we've got enough firepower any way.toughts, for this league im saying erm.. yes. Fuk it there ive said it.convince me otherwise anyone. And i promis im up on that fence again.

Bradford have been doing cheap season ticket deals since 2007, including 199 deals for the past 3 seasons. The £50 flex membership has also been around a while and I suspect that is what many fans buy. This season they have dropped season tickets by 50 to 149 so that will swing the balance more towards people deciding to have a season ticket.
Well done to Bradford for making football more affordable - and as an exiled fan who can't get to all the home games I wish united did a version of flex as it would suit me - but economically it can't make too much sense and isn't going to give bradford any better income than all the league one teams who average around 8000 at 'normal' prices.

this ls the bit i dont get houso( about sharp i mean) he didnt do much for us the 2 terms he was here, so what would be different this time. I dont know,im guessing you dont know, some think they do.
Is it a big enough gamble, that if we were to hit the ground running with him at the forefront, bladey bladeness or not hes paying back his wages with the extra income generated. As i say i dont know, people think we've got enough firepower any way.toughts, for this league im saying erm.. yes. Fuk it there ive said it.convince me otherwise anyone. And i promis im up on that fence again.

Billy Sharp would only add a couple of hundred on to the initial gate as a novelty factor , who would pay on the turnstile sort of thing . Others who he knows personally would be on the complimentary ticket band wagon ( as any player )

It would take a big marque signing to add huge numbers . Also if we kick start the season with a winning run , then fans may well come back in there droves . BDTBL unfortunately has lost that feel good factor , and once fans stop going and get out of the routine , its hard to get them back . They just have a Jeff Stelling Saturday.

I am sure if all goes well , we will be up to the 20,000 mark again , but Adkins getting the CB positions resolved , would go along way , to making fans feel , we have good intent to mean business this season.

What Bradford are doing is commendable , but not sustainable . I would rather pay top money to watch a winning quality side , than bargain basement price , watching a bargain basement football .

Do we want quality winning football , and willing to pay for it , i think we are .

UTB

Having reached the ripe old age of 60 I am entitled to the concessionary price. When I paid for the ticket I was told that a new card would be sent. Not received it yet.

This old age is great for all the freebies and offers.

There was something else I was going to post but I've forgot what it was .........

Nearly 17k now for Bradford.

Did a bit of digging, as it's an interesting scheme.

Last season they sold roughly 1 flexi ticket for every 3 season tickets. If it's similar this season they've actually sold about 12,300 season tickets.

The gap between the price of the flexi ticket and the price of the season ticket has reduced, so the figure may be a bit higher than that, but I'd imagine they'll come out with similar season ticket sales to us (albeit at a very different price).

Beyond that, their very high pay on the day prices will probably keep their attendances below ours, although a lot will depend upon how the two teams do.

One interesting aspect is the difference between ticket sales and actual people through the gate. No doubt they will quote ticket sales in their attendance figures, but their pricing structure means lots of people who are only going to attend a few games this season will have season tickets (apparently even people who live abroad are buying them).

Even if the attendance figures they announce are close to ours, they'll have a lot less actually in the ground.

Either way, it's an interesting experiment. The only bit I really dislike about it is the fleecing of away fans. I also think that will be bad for the atmosphere in the ground, as away followings will be significantly reduced.

Having reached the ripe old age of 60 I am entitled to the concessionary price. When I paid for the ticket I was told that a new card would be sent. Not received it yet.

There was something else I was going to post but I've forgot what it was .........
I was wondering about that myself as I'm in the same boat, didn't say anything about a new card when I renewed online so I don't know if I get a new card or carry on with the one from last season.

When I got my season ticket, which seems an eternity ago, the lovely lady said that it would be sent to me nearer the start of the season... And if had not turned up by a few days before the first match I should pop in to see them...

There is little doubt, I will pop in to see them if our season tickets not turned up.

Did a bit of digging, as it's an interesting scheme.

Last season they sold roughly 1 flexi ticket for every 3 season tickets. If it's similar this season they've actually sold about 12,300 season tickets.

The gap between the price of the flexi ticket and the price of the season ticket has reduced, so the figure may be a bit higher than that, but I'd imagine they'll come out with similar season ticket sales to us (albeit at a very different price).

Beyond that, their very high pay on the day prices will probably keep their attendances below ours, although a lot will depend upon how the two teams do.

One interesting aspect is the difference between ticket sales and actual people through the gate. No doubt they will quote ticket sales in their attendance figures, but their pricing structure means lots of people who are only going to attend a few games this season will have season tickets (apparently even people who live abroad are buying them).

Even if the attendance figures they announce are close to ours, they'll have a lot less actually in the ground.

Either way, it's an interesting experiment. The only bit I really dislike about it is the fleecing of away fans. I also think that will be bad for the atmosphere in the ground, as away followings will be significantly reduced.
I've read on the net they've sold about 3,000 of the flexicards, so ST's are at around 14,000. Still a very good number.

Back
Top Bottom