£29m still to spend?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

That doesn't matter does it? As any money paid out won't be all up front either.
Mostly true but depends on the terms agreed.

Most bigger transfer fees will be spread out over longer periods. Relatively smaller transfer fees will be more up front.

Guess which pond we are fishing in ?!

UTB

Don't expect too much beyond what he does on the pitch. He'll either sign a contract with another club in January, or be sold for whatever we can get for him, unless by some miracle there's a big gap between us and the bottom three.
I think with Sander there is always a greater chance he will choose to run his last year down.

Which does of course mean that the board may insist on a sale to recoup some of our original outlay.

But if the figures available in the market are not north of £10m, and without the sway of a “dream” move a la Illy with OM, the club may well just decide to have him one last year.

And if he does I expect him to be one of our better performers.

UTB

So the original budget was £20m.

According to the propaganda machine we've got £20m for Ndiaye, all of which is being reinvested.

Six million already spent on Traore and Slimane, and £5m more on Trusty.

That leaves £29m still to spend - is that how everyone else sees it?

And do you think we'll spend £29m between now and the end of the window?
It's been said elsewhere fee maybe around £13-£15 million hey ho not going to argue over a few quid 🤔

Does anyone really think we really got 20m for Illyman….doubt it….I’d be surprised if we have got 10m
Think we are the only club ever to get promoted and start the new season with a weaker team/squad than the one we went up with….

Does anyone really think we really got 20m for Illyman….doubt it….I’d be surprised if we have got 10m
Think we are the only club ever to get promoted and start the new season with a weaker team/squad than the one we went up with….
Why not?

Just read how Spurs were linked with 40m Brendon Johnson.

40m? 🤮

According to the propaganda machine we've got £20m for Ndiaye, all of which is being reinvested.

Was it ever made official that we had £20m to spend before Ndiaye went?

None of that's true, but it's a lovely pessimistic stance 😂

£20m, but probably not all up-front.

French media are saying £13-15m.
Ours are saying £20m.

Truth's probably somewhere in between.
wont be 20m probably 15m i would think paid over 3 x 5m yearly installments thats how any permanent signings we make will be brokered

I wouldn't be surprised if PH was given vague and woolly assurances that he would get the Ndiaye money and the RS interview statement was an attempt to publicly hold Bettis/Prince's feet to the fire on that.

I'd be surprised if he actually gets the lions share of it to spend.

I don't believe anyone has confirmed the original budget was 20m. It seems to be a figure the Star has put out there and continues to work with.

Darren Smith said it wasn't 20m.

Don't shoot the messenger, just saying what I recall.

No one here knows the 'actual' figures for the original budget, or the fee from the IN sale, but it's worth 15 pages of speculation and opinions

If only Fallowfield were here to present the FACT's. 😂

£20m, but probably not all up-front.

French media are saying £13-15m.
Ours are saying £20m.

Truth's probably somewhere in between.
Actually, it's €13.6m

Source: Porktalk, which so far hasn't reported the Planet Football valuation of their entire squad as €12.6m, but no doubt when it does will be ridiculed as clueless, as they have no sense of irony on there.

I've never got my head around this. Let's assume the budget for this season was 20m. Was that the amortized budget for this season or the total cost of the contracts (total duration) for this season? They are very different figures

Hecky stated he'd been promised all the Ili money last night but then went on to mention frees and loans would be coming in.

We might be spending most on wages rather than big fees.

That doesn't matter does it? As any money paid out won't be all up front either.
giphy.webp

Have to wonder if there is that money, shouldn't have gone down Luton's path, ensuring a set of good solid signings for the Championship, the likes of Mads Anderson who had clearly outgrown L1. Gamble yes, but they are preparing for life after relegation, not blind hope it won't happen.

I don't believe anyone has confirmed the original budget was 20m. It seems to be a figure the Star has put out there and continues to work with.

Darren Smith said it wasn't 20m.

Don't shoot the messenger, just saying what I recall.
Darren Smith said it was much more.

Never a more apt user name.

I wouldn't be surprised if PH was given vague and woolly assurances that he would get the Ndiaye money and the RS interview statement was an attempt to publicly hold Bettis/Prince's feet to the fire on that.

I'd be surprised if he actually gets the lions share of it to spend.

I think you're spot on.

Back
Top Bottom